Tips for the UM3X?
Nov 6, 2010 at 4:28 PM Post #17 of 25
For my money, the TX100's (Waxguard) are the way to go with UM3X.  Much more durable that the P Series or the T100's, and IMO they sound better too.  I am even using them for extended listening (i.e. really long airline flights) with my Ety's.  I have barely made a dent in the ten-pack I bought last year.  

Nov 13, 2010 at 3:22 AM Post #18 of 25

Quote:
Shure black foam sleeve, aka olive. They last very long and can be washed. My first pair is almost 2 years now and still hold up very well (with some cleaning form time to time).

You mean these?
http://www.amazon.com/Shure-PA910M-Replacement-SE530PTH-Earphones/dp/B000NDHIKY
(I wait for my UM3Xs,so I want to be ready).
Thanks.

Nov 13, 2010 at 11:18 AM Post #19 of 25
Quote:
You mean these?
http://www.amazon.com/Shure-PA910M-Replacement-SE530PTH-Earphones/dp/B000NDHIKY
(I wait for my UM3Xs,so I want to be ready).
Thanks.

Yes.

Dec 7, 2010 at 4:14 PM Post #21 of 25
This may be the boring answer but I really liked the Westone grey soft flex tips which come in the Westone fit pack. In fact, when I sold the UM3X to buy the Sennheiser IE8, I still kept the Westone tips...just in case I ever returned to the UM3X. I do have the Shure soft flex sleeves but find there is an annoying ridge around the middle.

Jan 25, 2011 at 12:45 AM Post #22 of 25

tstarn06 said:
/img/forum/go_quote.gif

Not really, as I am looking for someone to trade for the W3s. I had the W3s first, and wanted to try out the UM3X. I guess I am more of a V-shaped listener than one who needs the studio monitor variety IEM. Not saying I don't like the UM3X, but the W3s were more to my taste. No matter, though, for the OP the Klipsch gels are one good option.

Thanks for your instruction! Now I understand more about it, It's very valuable.

Jan 27, 2011 at 1:45 AM Post #24 of 25
if u get a good fit with the monster supertips (GEL) for the um3x, it would sounce fantastic imo, i tried the comply, shure foams, both are good, but the supertips offers a very lively sort of feel for the bass, very elastic and not too bassy which i think the comply offers

however, getting a good fit with the supertips will be the issue

Jan 27, 2011 at 4:19 AM Post #25 of 25
Good fit between ears and super tips or good fit between super tips and UM3X? The Monster super tips don't fit the UM3X at all. 
confused_face(1).gif

Quote:
if u get a good fit with the monster supertips (GEL) for the um3x, it would sounce fantastic imo, i tried the comply, shure foams, both are good, but the supertips offers a very lively sort of feel for the bass, very elastic and not too bassy which i think the comply offers

however, getting a good fit with the supertips will be the issue

Users who are viewing this thread

Back