Tips for studying?
Nov 11, 2008 at 8:27 PM Post #46 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So fraseyboy, have you been able to read up for yesterdays and Thursdays exam?
Anyway, best wishes for the exams!
biggrin.gif

Today's Wednesday here
biggrin.gif

Gonna leave in about 15 minutes for the Maths and English exams.

Nov 12, 2008 at 1:46 AM Post #48 of 60
Haha too late for my advice...but here is what I do.

Use one note for classes with powerpoints so you can type directly on the slides.

2 hour naps are enough for me to get into and out of deep sleep and feel refreshed.

go through your notes, highlight what is important, and rewrite those important things on a separate sheet - this will be your last minute study sheet before the exam.

These things help me. I have been a professional test taker almost...2 exams a week in pharmacy school now.

Nov 12, 2008 at 1:54 AM Post #49 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by filipelli /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Haha too late for my advice...but here is what I do.

Use one note for classes with powerpoints so you can type directly on the slides.

2 hour naps are enough for me to get into and out of deep sleep and feel refreshed.

go through your notes, highlight what is important, and rewrite those important things on a separate sheet - this will be your last minute study sheet before the exam.

These things help me. I have been a professional test taker almost...2 exams a week in pharmacy school now.

You be can a great test taker..but can you handle the pressure. What if your whole life is depended on 1 test in one day that you have prepared 3 years for? Little dramatic but that's the reality for many Chines high-school students.

There is one field of study in the US that resembles that type of pressure..I am not going to name it because its too depressing just thinking about it.
mad.gif

Nov 12, 2008 at 2:00 AM Post #50 of 60
Turned out it was Maths and Science.

I think I did pretty badly in the maths one. I skipped a few questions that I thought were quite hard and decided to do them at the end. Only problem was I ran out of time so there were quite a few blanks
frown.gif

The science one was COMPLETELY different. I completed it in the first 40 minutes or so (the exam is 90 minutes). Then I had to sit there for the other hour since we weren't allowed to leave until the end
frown.gif

It was kinda stupid. Pretty much everyone had finished by 60 minutes but we still all had to sit there in silence. Tomorrow (Social Studies and English) I'll bring a book...

Nov 12, 2008 at 8:17 PM Post #53 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonathanjong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good luck! For some reason I feel like popping up to Christchurch over the weekend...

A & P Show?
biggrin.gif

Nov 13, 2008 at 1:59 AM Post #55 of 60
Quote:

That ends tomorrow, right? There's that and the Musica Sacra 10th anniversary concert on Saturday. A bunch of friends I'd like to see too. Hey what school do you go to anyway?

Not sure when it ends. We get a public holiday tomorrow for it which is cool.

I go to Riccarton High.

Just came home from doing the final two exams btw. I thought it went very well. For both I ended up with around 15 minutes to spare at the end.

Nov 13, 2008 at 2:12 AM Post #56 of 60
The worst part of those types of test is the dang environment.

Nov 13, 2008 at 2:30 AM Post #57 of 60
You get a holiday for the A&P?! Ooh, you go to a good school. And not just because there's a holiday for the A&P.

Good to hear the exams went well. This was Level 1, was it? (wasn't it? was it? wasn't it?). Also, I hear the OpShop will be at the A&P tomorrow.

Nov 13, 2008 at 2:42 AM Post #58 of 60
Quote:

You get a holiday for the A&P?! Ooh, you go to a good school. And not just because there's a holiday for the A&P.

Good to hear the exams went well. This was Level 1, was it? (wasn't it? was it? wasn't it?). Also, I hear the OpShop will be at the A&P tomorrow.

Nope not NCEA 1 yet so its not really important
biggrin.gif
Only year 10 here.

I'm not planning to go to the A&P. It's always pretty lame.

Nov 13, 2008 at 2:55 AM Post #60 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by xnothingpoetic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The worst part of those types of test is the dang environment.

Yeah, I always hated high school exams... I'm scarily calm about university ones, everyone else seems to be cramming until the last minute before the exam, but I just read a novel or listen to music... But maybe something about me changed, not just the environment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back