Tiny DAC, Big Sound, Evolved – Stoner Acoustics UD100 / UD110 / UD120
Oct 21, 2013 at 10:13 AM Post #392 of 1,162
  Yep.. my UD110 arrived today as well.  As exiton noted, it sounds excellent.  Very transparent.  I doubt I could tell it apart from the ODAC in a blind test.  I'm using it with my laptop (running Windows 8).  The control panel/driver that Stoner Acoustics provided installed flawlessly (I linked to this a few posts back).

The most exciting discovery with the UD110?  It works with my iPhone 4 (running iOS7) & CCK !  It did require an (unpowered) hub (between the CCK & DAC), though.  I couldn't test Android compatibility since my Galaxy S3 is acting up (it's running the latest version of TouchWiz but I'm fairly certain it's a hardware issue with the phone.. since I've had success with USB OTG/USB Audio with my previous Galaxy S3).

Hi FlySweep!

Out of curiosity, this should work just the same as the CCK right? I have a 5th gen iPod touch so I need a lightning connector.
http://store.apple.com/us/product/MD821ZM/A/lightning-to-usb-camera-adapter?fnode=3a
Thanks mate!

Oct 21, 2013 at 2:13 PM Post #393 of 1,162

Hi FlySweep!

Out of curiosity, this should work just the same as the CCK right? I have a 5th gen iPod touch so I need a lightning connector.
http://store.apple.com/us/product/MD821ZM/A/lightning-to-usb-camera-adapter?fnode=3a
Thanks mate!

Yep.. that should work just fine, d_marc0.  You'll need a (powered or unpowered) hub too, though.  When I connected the UD110 directly to the CCK, I received the "UD110 uses too much power" error on my iPhone 4.  Any hub should work, btw.

Oct 21, 2013 at 3:07 PM Post #394 of 1,162
Yep.. that should work just fine, d_marc0.  You'll need a (powered or unpowered) hub too, though.  When I connected the UD110 directly to the CCK, I received the "UD110 uses too much power" error on my iPhone 4.  Any hub should work, btw.

Got it! Thank you.

Oct 25, 2013 at 4:48 PM Post #395 of 1,162
  I just got mine today.

It worked on my Galaxy S4.

I used an unpowered hub and USB Audio Recorder app, otherwise it didn't work.

OTG to DAC doesn't work?

I am fairly new to this so I need some clarification - I have a galaxy s3 and couldn't get a Fiio E17 to work with it using USB OTG cable it states it gets a lock but never any music. I have seen a pic of the S3 and this posted on Stoner Acoustics fb page so what exactly do I need to do to get this to work with an SGS3?? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Oct 26, 2013 at 1:26 AM Post #396 of 1,162
A list of standard USB DAC reportedly interworking with the Android-powered smartphone Samsung Galaxy S3:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/595071/android-phones-and-usb-dacs/3270#post_9891160

stock Samsung Galaxy S3 > digital USB audio out >> USB OTG cable (ID pin grounded) >> standard USB DAC >> amp >> headphones

. FiiO E17 using USB Audio Recorder PRO (USB DAC/amp):
http://www.headfonia.com/the-upgrade-fiio-e17-alpen/
http://www.head-fi.org/t/595071/android-phones-and-usb-dacs/1020#post_8958018

Oct 28, 2013 at 9:12 PM Post #399 of 1,162
This is really frustrating... got  my replacement UD110 but still not working on my iMac 2011. Tried bootcamp into windows 7, installed the driver... nothing; reinstalled driver... still nothing.
The device is not being detected by the computer. I tried my wife's Macbook Air, same thing... nothing!

Any of you guys know what else to do? This is supposed to be plug and play right?

Oct 28, 2013 at 9:26 PM Post #400 of 1,162
  This is really frustrating... got  my replacement UD110 but still not working on my iMac 2011. Tried bootcamp into windows 7, installed the driver... nothing; reinstalled driver... still nothing.
The device is not being detected by the computer. I tried my wife's Macbook Air, same thing... nothing!

Any of you guys know what else to do? This is supposed to be plug and play right?

Mine works fine in my missus' MacBook - I had to go into Audio settings and select it but it worked with no issues.

Win 7 x64 on the other hand...

Oct 28, 2013 at 9:31 PM Post #401 of 1,162

Mine works fine in my missus' MacBook - I had to go into Audio settings and select it but it worked with no issues.

Win 7 x64 on the other hand...

You mean Sound under System Preferences right? In my my case nothing shows up under output aside from Internal Speakers. I have a Bass Jump Subwoofer and it even shows up every time I plug it in. But for the UD110, nothing! Really frustrated right now...

Oct 28, 2013 at 10:32 PM Post #402 of 1,162

You mean Sound under System Preferences right? In my my case nothing shows up under output aside from Internal Speakers. I have a Bass Jump Subwoofer and it even shows up every time I plug it in. But for the UD110, nothing! Really frustrated right now...

Strange, does your MacBook Air have USB3 ports perchance? They are the source of my issues with Windows 7.

Oct 28, 2013 at 11:01 PM Post #403 of 1,162
No. It's a 2010 MacBook air. Anyway, got in touch with stoner acoustics and they have refunded me. I'll send them back the units so they can investigate. Nice of them to send me another replacement w/ payment only to come after I confirm it's working for me. Great customer service!

Nov 2, 2013 at 7:34 PM Post #405 of 1,162
Hi guys..how can I get it? (I m Italian :frowning2: )
What about a comparison vs the HifiMeDiy? :)
THanks to all

Users who are viewing this thread

Back