Tin Hifi P1 impressions
May 13, 2021 at 12:42 PM Post #1,381 of 1,427
Great! I've just had my ears cleaned by the audiologist and my E1DA Powerdac arrived. Now I've just noticed my right P1 buzzes. 😢
I'm in the unenviable position of having to buy a new set or take the opportunity add a bit more money to get something better.
Love the speed of these and once I had them on the E1DA the width is great and the imaging is excellent. They also isolate really well for me with foam tips. I could listen to them all day long.
Should I stick with them or can anyone suggest an upgrade along the same tonal path? My other 'phones are Audeze LCD-i3 with Cipher and Senn/Drop HD6xx to give you an idea of what I'm enjoying.
I am sure there IS something out there that might be better, but from all the ones I have bought and listened to, I still find these to be the best for my ears. Since they are on sale right now, I suggest you buy a new pair, and then you'll have them, and can still buy something "better" down the road. In all honesty, I don't think there is anything out there (yet) that are like these (whether good OR bad).

You could spend more cash and get the P2. They are also planar. Problem is, I have read that they are not in fact as good as the P1 overall. Bigger bass, treble not as good, separation not as good, but I cannot verify this. I myself have almost pulled the trigger on them, but decided to get the DUNU DK-2001 before they are all gone (not sure how I let these escape my notice for over a year hehe).

But take everything I have said with a "grain of salt" because the P1 are end game for my ears. The only reason I look for more/different is because I want something contrasting that is "end game" for me. I also have the Audiosense T800, and for the most part fit the bill, but after listening to them for a time, I just feel like I'm missing something, but can't put my finger on it. At one point those T800 were also my "end game".

Edit: Ok @holsen has corrected me on there not being anything like them yet. Now Ima' have to look into these. Thanks from an addict! :)

Last edited:
May 13, 2021 at 12:58 PM Post #1,382 of 1,427
I had the P1s and was an early contributor here and many other places. I loved them, found them mesmerizing and still miss the P1. What tin did with that little iem was open my eyes to the possibility of miniaturized planar which set me off on a quest for THE iem. I've been through the oBravo Cupid - hated it - the IMR RAH, which I loved so much I had reshelled as a CIEM, and the IMR EDP - Every Day Planar, which is magnificent. It has less bass than the typical imr, but more than the P1. There is a whole new crop of IMRs latest planar creations about to be delivered to those who pre-ordered (I'm one of them with an Elysium on the way). I suspect a few EDPs will emerge in the classifieds, keep your eyes open and snag one. 10mm 3rd Gen planar + 9mm DD. really fantastic natural, fluid, musical iem.
I started with IMR R1 so I have a discount code. Strange how there are so few reviews on those IEMs?

May 13, 2021 at 1:02 PM Post #1,383 of 1,427
I am sure there IS something out there that might be better, but from all the ones I have bought and listened to, I still find these to be the best for my ears. Since they are on sale right now, I suggest you buy a new pair, and then you'll have them, and can still buy something "better" down the road. In all honesty, I don't think there is anything out there (yet) that are like these (whether good OR bad).

You could spend more cash and get the P2. They are also planar. Problem is, I have read that they are not in fact as good as the P1 overall. Bigger bass, treble not as good, separation not as good, but I cannot verify this. I myself have almost pulled the trigger on them, but decided to get the DUNU DK-2001 before they are all gone (not sure how I let these escape my notice for over a year hehe).

But take everything I have said with a "grain of salt" because the P1 are end game for my ears. The only reason I look for more/different is because I want something contrasting that is "end game" for me. I also have the Audiosense T800, and for the most part fit the bill, but after listening to them for a time, I just feel like I'm missing something, but can't put my finger on it. At one point those T800 were also my "end game".

Edit: Ok @holsen has corrected me on there not being anything like them yet. Now Ima' have to look into these. Thanks from an addict! :)
Thanks. I hear what you’re saying. There is very little I’d change about the P1s except maybe make them a bit easier to drive and some extra low end. Also waiting for BGGARs review on the PMV PP. Looks good, decent price, larger planar. Maybe the first thing to try is a little surgery? Anyone know if these are push-fit or glued together?

May 13, 2021 at 1:34 PM Post #1,384 of 1,427
Great! I've just had my ears cleaned by the audiologist and my E1DA Powerdac arrived. Now I've just noticed my right P1 buzzes. 😢
I'm in the unenviable position of having to buy a new set or take the opportunity add a bit more money to get something better.
Love the speed of these and once I had them on the E1DA the width is great and the imaging is excellent. They also isolate really well for me with foam tips. I could listen to them all day long.
Should I stick with them or can anyone suggest an upgrade along the same tonal path? My other 'phones are Audeze LCD-i3 with Cipher and Senn/Drop HD6xx to give you an idea of what I'm enjoying.
Closest sonic match I have to them are the Dunu DK-3001 Pro, though even those aren't nearly as quick on the attack as the P1 are. If you already have the LCD-i3, perhaps the Dunu might not be a bad option.

Alternatively, you could explore electrostatics and look into something like Dunu's EST112 or any of the slew of tribrids/quadbrids/nonabrids/septublabrids that have started incorporating electrostatic drivers. The Ultimate Melody MEST MkII and Softears RSV both come to mind. Both cost considerably more than the P1, but that's what I think you have to do to match/beat the P1's performance.

May 13, 2021 at 1:36 PM Post #1,385 of 1,427
May 13, 2021 at 3:48 PM Post #1,386 of 1,427
I bet you say that to all the "audiophiles"... :)
Only the ones I like. Not everybody can handle my dry sarcasm. Sometimes I can't either.

May 14, 2021 at 3:51 AM Post #1,387 of 1,427
Closest sonic match I have to them are the Dunu DK-3001 Pro, though even those aren't nearly as quick on the attack as the P1 are. If you already have the LCD-i3, perhaps the Dunu might not be a bad option.

Alternatively, you could explore electrostatics and look into something like Dunu's EST112 or any of the slew of tribrids/quadbrids/nonabrids/septublabrids that have started incorporating electrostatic drivers. The Ultimate Melody MEST MkII and Softears RSV both come to mind. Both cost considerably more than the P1, but that's what I think you have to do to match/beat the P1's performance.
Thanks for this. I did look at the DK3001 and EST112 so will take another look

May 20, 2021 at 7:19 AM Post #1,388 of 1,427
I took the P1 apart and had a good look. Nothing behind the grill and the buzz isn't to do with internal wires touch the driver where they shouldn't. Must be an issue with the driver itself so have put the shell back together again.
After much debating and looking at graphs and reviews and bearing in mind I wanted a nice easy purchase experience, I've been lucky enough for my wife to buy me a pair of Fiio FD5 from Amazon UK for my birthday. So far I think they're excellent and that's only after an hour or so.
Once they've broken in I think I'll be very happy. Fast, deep bass, expansive and extended.
I've also written to Tin HiFi to see if there's any possibility to purchase just a single right-hand driver rather than a brand new pair with accessories. Seems pointless especially as several people have had the same problem.
One advantage is that I won't need a Qudelix 5K as they are much easier to drive so my ES100 will do the trick nicely.

Shame all in all as I did/do love the P1s

May 20, 2021 at 4:55 PM Post #1,389 of 1,427
I took the P1 apart and had a good look. Nothing behind the grill and the buzz isn't to do with internal wires touch the driver where they shouldn't. Must be an issue with the driver itself so have put the shell back together again.
After much debating and looking at graphs and reviews and bearing in mind I wanted a nice easy purchase experience, I've been lucky enough for my wife to buy me a pair of Fiio FD5 from Amazon UK for my birthday. So far I think they're excellent and that's only after an hour or so.
Once they've broken in I think I'll be very happy. Fast, deep bass, expansive and extended.
I've also written to Tin HiFi to see if there's any possibility to purchase just a single right-hand driver rather than a brand new pair with accessories. Seems pointless especially as several people have had the same problem.
One advantage is that I won't need a Qudelix 5K as they are much easier to drive so my ES100 will do the trick nicely.

R.I.P.

May 22, 2021 at 7:23 AM Post #1,390 of 1,427
Just a thought...if anybody out there has had a right driver fail, would you like to buy my working left driver, plus box and all accessories? PM me if so (or tell me to £^@& off) :wink:

Last edited:
May 23, 2021 at 12:37 AM Post #1,391 of 1,427

Just checked my one. Didn't use for couple months. Working flawless.....and so, still can impress me. Didn't sleep last night, just "checked" track by track all night, and still go on, can't stop :ksc75smile:

May 23, 2021 at 12:45 AM Post #1,392 of 1,427
Just checked my one. Didn't use for couple months. Working flawless.....and so, still can impress me. Didn't sleep last night, just "checked" track by track all night, and still go on, can't stop :ksc75smile:
I am so there with you! I have had these for more than a year, and I often use them to fall asleep with, but end up listening to "just one more" like 50 times... LOL

May 23, 2021 at 5:25 AM Post #1,393 of 1,427
TinHifi P1 + Shanling M8 (Turbo Gain mode) = End Game.

1621761893867.png

May 23, 2021 at 11:47 AM Post #1,395 of 1,427

Users who are viewing this thread

Back