Tin Hifi P1 impressions
Jan 11, 2020 at 4:41 AM Post #1,066 of 1,427
I have a FiiO X3 Second Gen with a FiiO A5 amp as my portable setup. Will this be enough to drive the P1 well?
I keep reading their hunger for power.

Jan 12, 2020 at 10:46 AM Post #1,067 of 1,427
Just got the P1 this week and they sound ok to me.
Paired with the E1da 9038s they are incredibly clear, paired with the ibassio dc01 they sound a little more bass heavy and fun.
But the magic starts when paired with a E1da pdv2, the preset lets them sound fun and alive like bl-03 but much much more refined.

IMG_20200112_152333.jpg

IMG_20200109_130322.jpg

Sound wise the p1 gives the feeling of being open and revealing. Low is clean fast and doesn't bleed to mids and does not rule the music. Mids have the planar feeling, they are good and voices are layered properly and sound really close like you are on stage in front of the musician. Highs are good on this iem but they never offend not even when they should be harss which makes the p1 a little to conserved but also never fatiguing.

comparing with other iems and headphones i own the p1 excels not in enough parts to be amazing to me. don't get me wrong it is really good when you only have 1 dac/amp unbalanced run unbalanced they are better than all other ims i own. The p1 delivers on the stock cable paired with a meizu dac or fiio m5. Yes it becomes better witch other dacs and more potent amps but other iems profit more.

Compared to the bl-03 the p1 is better in almost every single way, but pair the bl-03 with the dc01 and put on some psy trance and it can produce a club like feeling the p1 can't approach.

Compared to the Okkio Oh1 the p1 is better on almost every source gear but when you put them both on the 9038s the ikkio oh1 becomes cleaner and suddenly knows what "definition is" there fore becomes a tat better than the p1 (this is personal as i like the stronger bass in the oh1 and the oh1 is brighter and can become offensive to the ears. to be fair it becomes to harss before it should be but still i prefer it.)

Now for analytical listening and sound stage impressions and instrument placement. This is something the p1 does really well. Sound stage wise it is narrow but placement is good, the p1 is very detailed so this works great wasn't it for the fact i also own a set of crappy no good monolith m300 that decided to sound good on the 9038s (really they sound like crap on anything else i got). P1 is no competition for the 28mm planar drivers and gets blown away on every front except comfort in fit. The m300 sounds way more open and revealing, sound stage is massive and placement pin point. Their dynamic is greater and speed about the same.

Even the Tin T2 is a real competitor when paire with the dc01 or 9038s, the p1 is faster and more analytical but sounds just a bit duller.

The build quality of the P1 looks stellar but honestly is not that good, when i insert them maximum into my ears the crack where the to parts of the iem come together are little sharp and noticeable in my left ear.
IMG_20200112_152733.jpg

Now the the p1 comes with some nice extra's like a good sounding cable. The weave is a bit lose and not my style but it sounds good.
I like my Cema cable a bit better but this is nit picking
IMG_20200112_153447.jpg IMG_20200112_153550.jpg

They box looks really nice to be fair, but it hard to fit in a set of iems and their cable.
IMG_20200112_011916.jpg
IMG_20200112_011930.jpg

Conclusion, The Tin p1 are not excelling in any way, but what they do they do well without offending and with good detail and precision.
For this reason i do like them. If you can only bring one pair on vacation or bussines trip this set is it for me.
on the go ill pair it with a dc01.

For now it is my set up on the computer paired with a pdv2 as planar respond really well on tweaking with eq and filter settings. The preset p1 to harman curve makes me love this iem to bad it not portable enough for on the go.

Attachments

• IMG_20200109_130413.jpg
    IMG_20200109_130413.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
Jan 12, 2020 at 12:40 PM Post #1,068 of 1,427
Just got the P1 this week and they sound ok to me.
Paired with the E1da 9038s they are incredibly clear, paired with the ibassio dc01 they sound a little more bass heavy and fun.
But the magic starts when paired with a E1da pdv2, the preset lets them sound fun and alive like bl-03 but much much more refined.

Sound wise the p1 gives the feeling of being open and revealing. Low is clean fast and doesn't bleed to mids and does not rule the music. Mids have the planar feeling, they are good and voices are layered properly and sound really close like you are on stage in front of the musician. Highs are good on this iem but they never offend not even when they should be harss which makes the p1 a little to conserved but also never fatiguing.

comparing with other iems and headphones i own the p1 excels not in enough parts to be amazing to me. don't get me wrong it is really good when you only have 1 dac/amp unbalanced run unbalanced they are better than all other ims i own. The p1 delivers on the stock cable paired with a meizu dac or fiio m5. Yes it becomes better witch other dacs and more potent amps but other iems profit more.

Compared to the bl-03 the p1 is better in almost every single way, but pair the bl-03 with the dc01 and put on some psy trance and it can produce a club like feeling the p1 can't approach.

Compared to the Okkio Oh1 the p1 is better on almost every source gear but when you put them both on the 9038s the ikkio oh1 becomes cleaner and suddenly knows what "definition is" there fore becomes a tat better than the p1 (this is personal as i like the stronger bass in the oh1 and the oh1 is brighter and can become offensive to the ears. to be fair it becomes to harss before it should be but still i prefer it.)

Now for analytical listening and sound stage impressions and instrument placement. This is something the p1 does really well. Sound stage wise it is narrow but placement is good, the p1 is very detailed so this works great wasn't it for the fact i also own a set of crappy no good monolith m300 that decided to sound good on the 9038s (really they sound like crap on anything else i got). P1 is no competition for the 28mm planar drivers and gets blown away on every front except comfort in fit. The m300 sounds way more open and revealing, sound stage is massive and placement pin point. Their dynamic is greater and speed about the same.

Even the Tin T2 is a real competitor when paire with the dc01 or 9038s, the p1 is faster and more analytical but sounds just a bit duller.

The build quality of the P1 looks stellar but honestly is not that good, when i insert them maximum into my ears the crack where the to parts of the iem come together are little sharp and noticeable in my left ear.

Now the the p1 comes with some nice extra's like a good sounding cable. The weave is a bit lose and not my style but it sounds good.
I like my Cema cable a bit better but this is nit picking

They box looks really nice to be fair, but it hard to fit in a set of iems and their cable.

Conclusion, The Tin p1 are not excelling in any way, but what they do they do well without offending and with good detail and precision.
For this reason i do like them. If you can only bring one pair on vacation or bussines trip this set is it for me.
on the go ill pair it with a dc01.

For now it is my set up on the computer paired with a pdv2 as planar respond really well on tweaking with eq and filter settings. The preset p1 to harman curve makes me love this iem to bad it not portable enough for on the go.

E1DA 9038s on performance mode with poweramp. Replay gain set to -16db. EQ 32 and 61 a few db up. :wink: Portable end game heaven.

Jan 13, 2020 at 1:05 AM Post #1,069 of 1,427
E1DA 9038s on performance mode with poweramp. Replay gain set to -16db. EQ 32 and 61 a few db up. :wink: Portable end game heaven.

Or with UAPP's parametric EQ.

Jan 13, 2020 at 1:10 AM Post #1,070 of 1,427
Hi Isloo, will PM regarding the Blon03. don´t want to derail this thread.

As I don´t have the powerdac v2 yet, could someone give some guidance on equ settings used on P1? I´d try something approximate on my rudimentary Cayin N3 Equ control.
thakns, Jose

This is the parametric-EQ the PowerDac V2 uses to achieve to reach Harman Curve.

You can try recreate it with some thing like UAPP or such. Though I see that UAPP can only take 5 values, and the PowerDac V2 is using 7 points set. So the PowerDac V2 will still be better.

Screenshot_20200113-090313156.jpg
Screenshot_20200113-090320799.jpg
Screenshot_20200113-090325996.jpg
Screenshot_20200113-090332219.jpg
Screenshot_20200113-090336986.jpg
Screenshot_20200113-090342467.jpg
Screenshot_20200113-090350728.jpg
You want the values on the top left of the pictures.

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2020 at 9:10 AM Post #1,072 of 1,427
Cool! Thats what i told you.. the best upgrade for the P1 is not another IEM but some good EQ settings.

Jan 16, 2020 at 10:39 PM Post #1,074 of 1,427
Does anyone know how well the Fiio BTR5 drives this in balanced as well as single ended? I already have the E1da PDV2, but looking to buy something more portable, but it needs to have enough power to drive the P1 comfortably.

Jan 18, 2020 at 8:16 PM Post #1,077 of 1,427
Does anyone know how well the Fiio BTR5 drives this in balanced as well as single ended? I already have the E1da PDV2, but looking to buy something more portable, but it needs to have enough power to drive the P1 comfortably.

Balanced out is excellent from the BTR5 to the P1 (through my silver cable). It's been the best pairing to my ears out of almost all of my portable options. Single ended, not so much. It's still a good sound, but the extra power from the balanced output pushes everything up several notches. The sound signature coming from the amp plays so well with the frequency response of the IEMs.

P1's out of the box were decent, but this combo (using LDAC BT output from Samsung Note 10+) is my go to and hasn't left my side since. Fast and authoritative bass; strong, sweet mids and vocals; and treble sparkles pleasantly. I'm constantly surprised at how well this set up handles everything.

Jan 19, 2020 at 10:17 AM Post #1,078 of 1,427

tried the p1 yesterday on a friends btr5, can go loud enough no problem, but p1 with out eq sounded bad (life less) on them, blons, t2, and even hd599 and he4xx where fine on the btr5

Jan 23, 2020 at 5:12 PM Post #1,079 of 1,427
tried the p1 yesterday on a friends btr5, can go loud enough no problem, but p1 with out eq sounded bad (life less) on them, blons, t2, and even hd599 and he4xx where fine on the btr5
Thank you for your reply, much appreciated.

Balanced out is excellent from the BTR5 to the P1 (through my silver cable). It's been the best pairing to my ears out of almost all of my portable options. Single ended, not so much. It's still a good sound, but the extra power from the balanced output pushes everything up several notches. The sound signature coming from the amp plays so well with the frequency response of the IEMs.

P1's out of the box were decent, but this combo (using LDAC BT output from Samsung Note 10+) is my go to and hasn't left my side since. Fast and authoritative bass; strong, sweet mids and vocals; and treble sparkles pleasantly. I'm constantly surprised at how well this set up handles everything.
I see, thank you for telling me your experience :) Does the BTR5 sound better cabled, compared to LDAC?

Jan 23, 2020 at 6:47 PM Post #1,080 of 1,427
Thank you for your reply, much appreciated.

I see, thank you for telling me your experience :) Does the BTR5 sound better cabled, compared to LDAC?

I have not tried bt vs cable on my short time with the btr5, bit my friend told me couple of times the difference is big, he uses T2 and bl-03 and he likes the btr5 way more on cable.

But I have m5 and tempotecv1 which are bt or local or cable and all sound better on all but bt, not to say bt is bad just less resolution and little less clear

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back