Tin Hifi P1 impressions
Jan 23, 2020 at 6:52 PM Post #1,081 of 1,427
For people who find the p1 sounding a bit dull and life less.

Try the Cema rx cable. And if you have a 9038s try mode 3 tube amp style.
IMG_20200123_123635.jpg

This really brings them to life for me. Bass becomes a little harder slam and clearer which makes em sound really nice, no bass cans by a long shot but enough for me to enjoy them and way clearer and detailed than for example a bl-03

Jan 23, 2020 at 11:59 PM Post #1,082 of 1,427
Thank you for your reply, much appreciated.

I see, thank you for telling me your experience :) Does the BTR5 sound better cabled, compared to LDAC?

When A/B comparing USB versus LDAC, I can't tell a difference.

However, when connected through USB from my Samsung Note 10+, the frequency response is worse than if I use bluetooth. I've never really like the sound signature of Samsung phones and here is no different.

My PC doesn't have LDAC capabilities, so I've used the BTR5 as a USB DAC and it sound just as good as when I listen via BT from my phone. I have also tested it on a second computer that does have LDAC and was unable to discern a difference when switching to USB and back.

Jan 29, 2020 at 11:34 PM Post #1,083 of 1,427
When A/B comparing USB versus LDAC, I can't tell a difference.

However, when connected through USB from my Samsung Note 10+, the frequency response is worse than if I use bluetooth. I've never really like the sound signature of Samsung phones and here is no different.

My PC doesn't have LDAC capabilities, so I've used the BTR5 as a USB DAC and it sound just as good as when I listen via BT from my phone. I have also tested it on a second computer that does have LDAC and was unable to discern a difference when switching to USB and back.

Samsung phones have a problem with their usb port. Lots of usb dac threads seem to get problems from Samsungs. E1da 9038s and AudioQuest usb dacs for example have had problems with Samsung's usb out.

That may be why you liked it fully Bluetooth more.

Jan 30, 2020 at 4:12 AM Post #1,084 of 1,427
and I thought the P1's nozzle was badly designed... until I saw the Monolith M300 lol - the nozzle is bigger and has no anchor and the tips that came with it is a joke.
i'll try to compare the sound after i get a proper fit... wish me luck lol

Jan 30, 2020 at 2:06 PM Post #1,085 of 1,427
I am selling my P1. Can't drive it properly. It's been sitting in a box for months so now it's time to find a new owner for it. Used it a maximum of 5h, I can throw in a 2.5mm copper balance cable for good measure. $120 shipped in the us. Contact me if interested or check my classified that I just bumped.

Feb 2, 2020 at 7:17 PM Post #1,086 of 1,427
For people who find the p1 sounding a bit dull and life less.

Try the Cema rx cable. And if you have a 9038s try mode 3 tube amp style.
IMG_20200123_123635.jpg

This really brings them to life for me. Bass becomes a little harder slam and clearer which makes em sound really nice, no bass cans by a long shot but enough for me to enjoy them and way clearer and detailed than for example a bl-03
Are the p1 lack of sub bass?
Planning to buy this iem since I have powerful source xduoo XD-05 plus.

Feb 5, 2020 at 4:49 AM Post #1,087 of 1,427
iBasso D14 works well (on high gain).

Feb 5, 2020 at 9:13 AM Post #1,088 of 1,427
Cool! Thats what i told you.. the best upgrade for the P1 is not another IEM but some good EQ settings.

I agree 100%. It has taken me a couple of months to get the right eq setting with the PDV2. The preset in the app is a good starting point, but it needs refinement and improvement. However, once you get the right eq setting, the P1s really excel. This also applies to the 9038s. If you use an app like Neutron and get the right peq settings, you have mobile bliss!!!!.

Feb 5, 2020 at 9:41 AM Post #1,089 of 1,427
nice that you like it.. also P1 is pretty small and compact in size.

Feb 6, 2020 at 8:33 AM Post #1,091 of 1,427
I have a P1 on the way. Should be with on Monday. I'll be putting them to the test and comparing them to my Audiosense T800, Fearless S8p, Beyerdynamic Xelento and Cayin YB04. I may be able to compare them to 2019 Andromedas as well. I have already heard the P1 and absolutely loved them but they do have flaws just like all the other iems above. But all I can truly remember was the detail. The effortless insane amount of details. I'll use my E1DA 9038s as source. Try all modes and a few tips I have. I can already say soundstage is the narrowest. But depth, height and separation is great. Low end is extremely clean, but sub needs a good boost. From my early testings all I had to eq was lows, didn't touch anything else. So more further impressions to come :).
The Cayin YB04 also has the closest tuning to the P1 while the P1 is much more linear but has dips in the higher treble which helps the P1 not sound overly bright. But it being a planar Vs BA set up. It'll be interesting. Which would have the most detail?..... If I say, I didn't get a P1 earlier because the amount of detail I heard was insane and I might have pushed all my other iems on the side for a good while.... Like I said above, from what I remember most is the effortless detail.

So I won't hype, I'll give out the good and bad of each iem. I am excited yes. But more to come.

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2020 at 10:57 PM Post #1,092 of 1,427
Friend's kids just broke my left DM6 so I'm looking for a replacement. Can anyone compare them to the P1? I'd also be keen to know the weight of the IEM (not including cables) as I use them when mtbiking.

Also, how big is the port OD?

Thanks

Feb 10, 2020 at 10:25 AM Post #1,094 of 1,427
Linum BaX. Excellent sound, if you can live with the tangle!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back