Tin Hifi P1 impressions
Mar 2, 2020 at 3:04 AM Post #1,111 of 1,427
So I have had my Tin Hifi P1 for a good while now and have been listening to them everyday. I can certainly say that they are one of the most clearest and detailed yet effortless iems I have heard to date. My daily iems were the Audiosense T800 but this has changed ever since receiving the Tin P1. My source is the E1DA 9038s on Mode 2 (Performance Mode) with power amp. First thing I noticed with the P1 is the narrow soundstage in width. It isn't the widest soundstage but no where near congested. Much bigger than an Etymotic iem. Front and back and height is of a good if not great quality. But depth feels endless and is much deeper sounding and airy sounding than the Audiosense T800. It's a strange presentation and you completely forget about the width and everything else takes control. Imaging is A++, on par with the T800 if not it's better. Lows at first listen were honestly not lacking but not satisfactory. It did go deep and did have a bit of kick but didn't rumble. Quality though is amazing, fast, tight, clean and extremely detailed. Mids are class leading. They are slightly forward yet organic, extremely clear and highly detailed. Effortless mids. I can't fault them. Treble for me is perfect as well. It's energetic yet never becomes harsh or fatiguing. I actually get more fatigued with the T800 which I find strange. So I decided to swap cables and use cable 171 ( CEMA Electro Acoustic Up-OCC Copper Litz 8 core cable). Immediatly I noticed a slightly fuller sub bass presentation, a bit more body in the mids and treble to have a fuller more organic feel yet still being energetic. It was a perfect pairing. I decided to also try Eq. So I applied 5.5 db at 31hz, 4.0 db at 62hz and 3db at 125hz. Wow, what a difference it made. Low end is not lacking at all now. It punches hard and rumbles. Not basshead level, but is extremely satisfactory. Layers and layers of bass I can hear and feel, amazing texture ans speed with great impact. Mids are still perfect and same goes with treble. Depth feels bigger, maybe because of the cable. Imaging I can't fault as well. I was actually considering selling my T800, Xelentos, Andromedas and S8f because of how good the P1 sound. Only fault I can say is fit with eartips can be a pain in the A$$ to get right. I tried JVC, Spinfits, Foams, Azla Sednas and bunch of other eartips. Some were good but changed the sound slighly untill I settled with the eartips that came with my Samsung Akg earphones. The seal perfectly, I comfortable and provide the best sound for me. I think the people that have said the P1 arent portable should fix their reviews. The E1DA 9038s is a god send. More than enough power and extremely small and portable and will not break the bank and sounds heavenly. Many people have complained that width is tiny, or the P1 lack bass. Firstly, power them correctly. Get a proper seal and try some easy eq and save that preset. Easy. Easy easy. I am truly mind blown. Will I sell my other iems. Maybe some, maybe I won't. But the P1 are my new favourite iem. Effortless clarity and hyper detail kings is what they are. Are they perfect no. Is there a perfect iem. No. And never will be. But damn, they sure are close.

Oh. I used to be basshead. So I can for sure confirm. A little bit of eq. The P1 hit hard. :wink: . Bass is in my name. I love Hardstyle but also rock, metal, rnb, rap, edm, techno, trance, and a whole bunch of other stuff. The P1 have yet to sound meh on anything unless the mastering or file is of bad quality. Honestly, I can't fault them. I love them. Truly love them.

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2020 at 12:09 PM Post #1,113 of 1,427
So I have had my Tin Hifi P1 for a good while now and have been listening to them everyday. I can certainly say that they are one of the most clearest and detailed yet effortless iems I have heard to date. My daily iems were the Audiosense T800 but this has changed ever since receiving the Tin P1. My source is the E1DA 9038s on Mode 2 (Performance Mode) with power amp. First thing I noticed with the P1 is the narrow soundstage in width. It isn't the widest soundstage but no where near congested. Much bigger than an Etymotic iem. Front and back and height is of a good if not great quality. But depth feels endless and is much deeper sounding and airy sounding than the Audiosense T800. It's a strange presentation and you completely forget about the width and everything else takes control. Imaging is A++, on par with the T800 if not it's better. Lows at first listen were honestly not lacking but not satisfactory. It did go deep and did have a bit of kick but didn't rumble. Quality though is amazing, fast, tight, clean and extremely detailed. Mids are class leading. They are slightly forward yet organic, extremely clear and highly detailed. Effortless mids. I can't fault them. Treble for me is perfect as well. It's energetic yet never becomes harsh or fatiguing. I actually get more fatigued with the T800 which I find strange. So I decided to swap cables and use cable 171 ( CEMA Electro Acoustic Up-OCC Copper Litz 8 core cable). Immediatly I noticed a slightly fuller sub bass presentation, a bit more body in the mids and treble to have a fuller more organic feel yet still being energetic. It was a perfect pairing. I decided to also try Eq. So I applied 5.5 db at 31hz, 4.0 db at 62hz and 3db at 125hz. Wow, what a difference it made. Low end is not lacking at all now. It punches hard and rumbles. Not basshead level, but is extremely satisfactory. Layers and layers of bass I can hear and feel, amazing texture ans speed with great impact. Mids are still perfect and same goes with treble. Depth feels bigger, maybe because of the cable. Imaging I can't fault as well. I was actually considering selling my T800, Xelentos, Andromedas and S8f because of how good the P1 sound. Only fault I can say is fit with eartips can be a pain in the A$$ to get right. I tried JVC, Spinfits, Foams, Azla Sednas and bunch of other eartips. Some were good but changed the sound slighly untill I settled with the eartips that came with my Samsung Akg earphones. The seal perfectly, I comfortable and provide the best sound for me. I think the people that have said the P1 arent portable should fix their reviews. The E1DA 9038s is a god send. More than enough power and extremely small and portable and will not break the bank and sounds heavenly. Many people have complained that width is tiny, or the P1 lack bass. Firstly, power them correctly. Get a proper seal and try some easy eq and save that preset. Easy. Easy easy. I am truly mind blown. Will I sell my other iems. Maybe some, maybe I won't. But the P1 are my new favourite iem. Effortless clarity and hyper detail kings is what they are. Are they perfect no. Is there a perfect iem. No. And never will be. But damn, they sure are close.

Oh. I used to be basshead. So I can for sure confirm. A little bit of eq. The P1 hit hard. :wink: . Bass is in my name. I love Hardstyle but also rock, metal, rnb, rap, edm, techno, trance, and a whole bunch of other stuff. The P1 have yet to sound meh on anything unless the mastering or file is of bad quality. Honestly, I can't fault them. I love them. Truly love them.
Wow, good to know all of that. I also was using the AKG/Samsung tips because they are pretty great, for the T800, but am now using the Final Audio E series on those. I will be tip rolling on the P1 when I get them, but good to know I might have a good fallback in the AKG/Samsung tips. I also found the stock tips from the Xiaomi Piston 2.1 to work very well on the T800 too.

I probably will not be getting rid of the T800 (they are end game IEMs for me), but I just wanted something similar to my HE400s but in IEMs, and these seemed to be really the only planar tuned correctly (for my tastes) that I have seen thus far. A lot of people complained about the bass (or lack thereof) on the HE400s too, but I find them to be just as much as the music is recorded to have (except most contemporary rap) which is great for me. Do you find the P1 compliments the T800?

I just finished ordering a couple more 4.4mm balanced cables (seems needed, if nothing more than to provide the proper power to drive the P1). I won't say which ones because it is banned. The Tripowin C8 is going back, because I won't get the P1 until after the return period, and Linsoul gave me a generic answer to my email to them. They told me it sounds like they are not compatible with the T800 and I should use a different cable with them (which is a brush-off answer at best).

Mar 3, 2020 at 9:55 PM Post #1,114 of 1,427
Wow, good to know all of that. I also was using the AKG/Samsung tips because they are pretty great, for the T800, but am now using the Final Audio E series on those. I will be tip rolling on the P1 when I get them, but good to know I might have a good fallback in the AKG/Samsung tips. I also found the stock tips from the Xiaomi Piston 2.1 to work very well on the T800 too.

I probably will not be getting rid of the T800 (they are end game IEMs for me), but I just wanted something similar to my HE400s but in IEMs, and these seemed to be really the only planar tuned correctly (for my tastes) that I have seen thus far. A lot of people complained about the bass (or lack thereof) on the HE400s too, but I find them to be just as much as the music is recorded to have (except most contemporary rap) which is great for me. Do you find the P1 compliments the T800?

I just finished ordering a couple more 4.4mm balanced cables (seems needed, if nothing more than to provide the proper power to drive the P1). I won't say which ones because it is banned. The Tripowin C8 is going back, because I won't get the P1 until after the return period, and Linsoul gave me a generic answer to my email to them. They told me it sounds like they are not compatible with the T800 and I should use a different cable with them (which is a brush-off answer at best).
Yes the P1 compliment the T800 very well. It's strange how the T800 sound very warm and slightly dark compared to the P1. It's just the mids of the T800 compared to the mids on the P1. I highly rec that you try a lot of eartips and eq on the P1. Once you find the right eq and eartip they really are impressive. The T800 were my end game but the P1 has taken that spot now. I'll be awaiting your impressions and thoughts once you get them. Remember. They need a good amount of power. I say 750Mw to 1W is more than enough. Personally, 1W is where they shine and then all it comes to is how good the dac is.

As to something similar to the HE400s. I have breifly listened to them a while back. The HE 400s sound slightly warmer in tonality. The P1 sound faster, more intense and to my ears more detailed. The P1 seriously remind me of a in ear Sendy Aiva with more detail and touch more clarity, more forward clearer mids, less bass unless you use eq but with same tightness/speed and smaller soundstage.

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2020 at 11:34 PM Post #1,115 of 1,427
Yes the P1 compliment the T800 very well. It's strange how the T800 sound very warm and slightly dark compared to the P1. It's just the mids of the T800 compared to the mids on the P1. I highly rec that you try a lot of eartips and eq on the P1. Once you find the right eq and eartip they really are impressive. The T800 were my end game but the P1 has taken that spot now. I'll be awaiting your impressions and thoughts once you get them. Remember. They need a good amount of power. I say 750Mw to 1W is more than enough. Personally, 1W is where they shine and then all it comes to is how good the dac is.

As to something similar to the HE400s. I have breifly listened to them a while back. The HE 400s sound slightly warmer in tonality. The P1 sound faster, more intense and to my ears more detailed. The P1 seriously remind me of a in ear Sendy Aiva with more detail and touch more clarity, more forward clearer mids, less bass unless you use eq but with same tightness/speed and smaller soundstage.
Wow warm compared to the P1. I hope they aren't too bright to my ears. When using the occ copper cable with the T800s they DO sound warm to me, but I am using the SPC cable, and they seem almost as clear as my HD700s. I hope the P1 can be at least a sidegrade (to me) to my T800s, because I have a hard time banging them around in public (them being so delicate). I would say I'm pretty sure that my DAP has the power, but since they don't give all the information on it, I don't really know. Out of 4.4mm balanced they are supposed to be able to deliver 6.4 vrms, but at what ohms I don't know. But this DAP does power my HD700 (100 ohms) easily on low gain out of SE. If not, I will be upgrading... heh

Oh, that is awesome. When I said I wanted something that sounds like the HE400S, I don't mind that they aren't as warm. It is that fast and great quality bass that I love in planars. I actually would like more detail. I EQ my HE some just for that purpose. I think I will miss the larger soundstage, but I'll get over that. If the sound is good, sound stage isn't that important, as long as it doesn't get TOO congested.

It still sounds like what I'm looking for. I love the more forward mids, and clarity too. The only downfall with the T800s is in the 3k range. It seems as though the Chinese manufacturers like to ramp that range up a bit, and while I DO like the forward mids, that region is rough on my ears (and sounds unnatural to me). I'd rather the 7k range (like they did on my HD700s).

Anyhow, I will give my impressions on here as soon as I get them, and burn them (or my brain) in for a bit. Tracking shows they are coming via China Post, and they shipped Feb 22, due to arrive April 3... Sheesh, I could have probably swam over and got them by then... :)

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2020 at 8:30 AM Post #1,116 of 1,427
Wow warm compared to the P1. I hope they aren't too bright to my ears. When using the occ copper cable with the T800s they DO sound warm to me, but I am using the SPC cable, and they seem almost as clear as my HD700s. I hope the P1 can be at least a sidegrade (to me) to my T800s, because I have a hard time banging them around in public (them being so delicate). I would say I'm pretty sure that my DAP has the power, but since they don't give all the information on it, I don't really know. Out of 4.4mm balanced they are supposed to be able to deliver 6.4 vrms, but at what ohms I don't know. But this DAP does power my HD700 (100 ohms) easily on low gain out of SE. If not, I will be upgrading... heh

Oh, that is awesome. When I said I wanted something that sounds like the HE400S, I don't mind that they aren't as warm. It is that fast and great quality bass that I love in planars. I actually would like more detail. I EQ my HE some just for that purpose. I think I will miss the larger soundstage, but I'll get over that. If the sound is good, sound stage isn't that important, as long as it doesn't get TOO congested.

It still sounds like what I'm looking for. I love the more forward mids, and clarity too. The only downfall with the T800s is in the 3k range. It seems as though the Chinese manufacturers like to ramp that range up a bit, and while I DO like the forward mids, that region is rough on my ears (and sounds unnatural to me). I'd rather the 7k range (like they did on my HD700s).

Anyhow, I will give my impressions on here as soon as I get them, and burn them (or my brain) in for a bit. Tracking shows they are coming via China Post, and they shipped Feb 22, due to arrive April 3... Sheesh, I could have probably swam over and got them by then... :)
Oh no worries. If you are ok with the treble on the T800, you'll be more than ok with the treble on the P1. The P1 has a smoother treble. Also I never have found the P1 to become congested. I hate congestion and that's what I adored about the T800. They would never sound congested. The P1 luckily is great with imaging and separation. So all is good :). I am beyond sure you'll enjoy the P1

Mar 4, 2020 at 8:43 AM Post #1,117 of 1,427
Oh no worries. If you are ok with the treble on the T800, you'll be more than ok with the treble on the P1. The P1 has a smoother treble. Also I never have found the P1 to become congested. I hate congestion and that's what I adored about the T800. They would never sound congested. The P1 luckily is great with imaging and separation. So all is good :). I am beyond sure you'll enjoy the P1
Oh good.... I'm so excited to get them. I hate that you can only order them from China, or that it takes it this long to get wihout paying $20 extra for faster shipping. I got my T800 in 2 days once it shipped.

Mar 4, 2020 at 9:17 AM Post #1,118 of 1,427
Oh good.... I'm so excited to get them. I hate that you can only order them from China, or that it takes it this long to get wihout paying $20 extra for faster shipping. I got my T800 in 2 days once it shipped.
For me it took 2 days but I found a place in Australia that were selling them. Once you recieve the P1, have a direct side by side listen with the T800. You'll notice where the dips and peaks are on the T800 immediately. But you'll also learn the strengths and weaknesses of it. First thing that will strike you is clarity, intensity and detail of the P1.

Mar 4, 2020 at 9:48 AM Post #1,119 of 1,427
For me it took 2 days but I found a place in Australia that were selling them. Once you recieve the P1, have a direct side by side listen with the T800. You'll notice where the dips and peaks are on the T800 immediately. But you'll also learn the strengths and weaknesses of it. First thing that will strike you is clarity, intensity and detail of the P1.
Sweet! I'll do just that. My 2 new balanced cables should be arriving by mail today. I'll give them a test with the T800's while I awaiting the P1.

Edit: BTW! What cable are you using with your P1?

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2020 at 9:21 PM Post #1,120 of 1,427
Sweet! I'll do just that. My 2 new balanced cables should be arriving by mail today. I'll give them a test with the T800's while I awaiting the P1.

Edit: BTW! What cable are you using with your P1?
I am using a CEMA Electro Acoustic UP-OCC Copper Litz 8 core cable with a 2.5 balanced connector. Amazing bang for the buck.
Screenshot_20200306-132208_AliExpress.jpg
20200306_134147.jpg
20200306_134411.jpg

The T800 is using a cheap Jcally SPC cable. I'll be getting a custom Copper and Silver cable for the T800 soon from the same company I got the cable for the P1.

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2020 at 10:31 PM Post #1,121 of 1,427
I am using a CEMA Electro Acoustic UP-OCC Copper Litz 8 core cable with a 2.5 balanced connector. Amazing bang for the buck.
Screenshot_20200306-132208_AliExpress.jpg20200306_134147.jpg20200306_134411.jpg
The T800 is using a cheap Jcally SPC cable. I'll be getting a custom Copper and Silver cable for the T800 soon from the same company I got the cable for the P1.
Sweet cable. I like the chin slider too.
I'm just using a cheapo FDBRO 8 core OFC, SPC 4.4mm balanced cable:
20200305_134236.jpg

Sorry bout the mismatch tips. Was taking a picture to show the differences in the 2 tips I like most for the T800's. The Second cable I can't mention (and it's really not that good anyhow, I may send it back because the weaves are as loose as the stock P1 cable, which sux for what I paid for it). :) Thanks for sharing, though I am not sure I wanna pay that much for a cable. I may get an 8 core OCC, SPC balanced cable though. I DO have the bonus cable Audiosense sent me, which is the 8 core OCC, copper SE cable, and it's really nice, but I find the all copper cable to smooth the T800's too much for my tastes.

Mar 6, 2020 at 12:22 AM Post #1,122 of 1,427
Sweet cable. I like the chin slider too.
I'm just using a cheapo FDBRO 8 core OFC, SPC 4.4mm balanced cable:

Sorry bout the mismatch tips. Was taking a picture to show the differences in the 2 tips I like most for the T800's. The Second cable I can't mention (and it's really not that good anyhow, I may send it back because the weaves are as loose as the stock P1 cable, which sux for what I paid for it). :) Thanks for sharing, though I am not sure I wanna pay that much for a cable. I may get an 8 core OCC, SPC balanced cable though. I DO have the bonus cable Audiosense sent me, which is the 8 core OCC, copper SE cable, and it's really nice, but I find the all copper cable to smooth the T800's too much for my tastes.
I can rec you a cable for the T800. It's the ISN Audio SC4. I was considering buying it for the T800. I actually had the chance to listen and hold it and it's a very very nice cable espicially for the price. I might get it instead of spending much more. Have a look at it and there are also a few very good reviews with great feedback and that it performs twice its price. :) I can confirm, sounds very nice with the T800 and P1 as well. It keeps the treble energy while smoothing peaks slightly and brings low end up a touch but really cleans it up and tightens it. Mids become slightly fuller and more forward. The only reason I'd get the other cable is maybe durabilty but I like how the SC4 looks more and it really performs twice its price. It really is a stunner and pictures don't do it justice :)

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2020 at 1:13 AM Post #1,123 of 1,427
I can rec you a cable for the T800. It's the ISN Audio SC4. I was considering buying it for the T800. I actually had the chance to listen and hold it and it's a very very nice cable espicially for the price. I might get it instead of spending much more. Have a look at it and there are also a few very good reviews with great feedback and that it performs twice its price. :) I can confirm, sounds very nice with the T800 and P1 as well. It keeps the treble energy while smoothing peaks slightly and brings low end up a touch but really cleans it up and tightens it. Mids become slightly fuller and more forward. The only reason I'd get the other cable is maybe durabilty but I like how the SC4 looks more and it really performs twice its price. It really is a stunner and pictures don't do it justice :)
I will definitely have a look. Thanks for the recommendation.

Mar 8, 2020 at 2:26 PM Post #1,125 of 1,427
Well, I just checked tracking, and it appears that my P1's are sitting in my local post office building. This means they will be delivered about 3 weeks earlier than they were estimating on the the China Post site. I should be getting them tomorrow in the mail.

Bummer. Most of the time I do work from home. Of all weeks, this coming week I have a ton of driving to job-sites I have to do, so won't get to spend a ton of time with them till' later this week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back