Tin Hifi P1 impressions
Aug 25, 2019 at 6:42 PM Post #706 of 1,427
Making a seat is your own DIY solution. As I wrote, I made that from vaping 510 driptip sealing rubbers - I'm vaper, many in stock.
But you can enjoy the benefit of the seating with the P1 own foam tips as well. The Acoustune tip gives a little enhancement to base section, a little more tightness and layering, but its foam tip still good.
My AET07 tip I got from Acoustune on an audio event in London two years ago, I didn't order that :)
Btw good tip. I used with several different iems those compatible with, and I got the best result with this tip always.

Btw, did you receive the AET07A tips yet? I haven't ordered the Acoustune tips since they are a bit pricey. My Auvio tips have a thicker core versus all the other random tips I own. I think that's why I'm getting a better bass response with them.

This has been my P1 bass response test track while checking out tips....

Aug 25, 2019 at 7:29 PM Post #707 of 1,427
I recently bought the Fiio M11 and got the P1 to go with it. M11 has been great, I use it with my Denon D7200 through the balanced. But the P1 with the M11 sounds handicapped. Bass and impact is just not there, and it seems dry and not present (volume levels are fine, I don't have to crank it up). But the sound is...diminished when listening through the M11. However, when I connect it to my Headroom Ultra Desktop Amp, these issues go away! Anyone have a similar experience? Not sure why the P1 gets so much praise as an iem for portables if it is like this. Or do I have a faulty pair and need to return them?

Aug 25, 2019 at 7:44 PM Post #708 of 1,427
I recently bought the Fiio M11 and got the P1 to go with it. M11 has been great, I use it with my Denon D7200 through the balanced. But the P1 with the M11 sounds handicapped. Bass and impact is just not there, and it seems dry and not present (volume levels are fine, I don't have to crank it up). But the sound is...diminished when listening through the M11. However, when I connect it to my Headroom Ultra Desktop Amp, these issues go away! Anyone have a similar experience? Not sure why the P1 gets so much praise as an iem for portables if it is like this. Or do I have a faulty pair and need to return them?

P1 sounds best with a desktop amp. I'm using a Liquid Spark. My V30 in regular impedance mode sounds fairly average and the volume has to be turned up almost all the way to get them to a decent volume/sense of presence. I don't think yours are faulty but these IEMs are using a planar driver which are usually more power hungry. I don't think I will commute with these headphones. Maybe I'd use these on flights where I'll have to either run the aux cable/impedance adapter for higher gain in my V30 or stack it with my iFi Nano BL to get it to a near desktop sense of presence.

Aug 25, 2019 at 7:50 PM Post #709 of 1,427
Btw, did you receive the AET07A tips yet?

Yes, I got the AET07a and 8a.
The 8a is tighter bore, not for the P1 sound. The 7a is very same for 7. A little more refined sound, more clean high ends and bass, because less reverbs. The soundquality difference is very minor, A-B..B-A..A-B.. testing really need to catch the differences. The most audible the less reverb at the bass, and that is what I did not get from any tips, foam, silicon (I don't know the Auvio) I have, only the "7", and the P1 needs a little boogie by reverbs. So I stayed on with the "7" gift tips :)

Aug 25, 2019 at 8:38 PM Post #710 of 1,427
I just cut about a half a centimeterfrom the tip of the ear plug, the rounded part. Poked a hole in the center with a scissors just stretched it out a bit to wrap around the center tube, so it rests beneath the mushroom. I basically copied the symbios but the spinfits use softer rubber and the earplugs use much softer foam.

Interesting. I have some Spinfit CP100s and foam earplugs. Will try your method and see if it improves anything on stock Spinfits.

Aug 25, 2019 at 9:22 PM Post #711 of 1,427
P1 sounds best with a desktop amp. I'm using a Liquid Spark. My V30 in regular impedance mode sounds fairly average and the volume has to be turned up almost all the way to get them to a decent volume/sense of presence. I don't think yours are faulty but these IEMs are using a planar driver which are usually more power hungry. I don't think I will commute with these headphones. Maybe I'd use these on flights where I'll have to either run the aux cable/impedance adapter for higher gain in my V30 or stack it with my iFi Nano BL to get it to a near desktop sense of presence.

Yeah, I thought the M11 would be adequate but I guess I was wrong. Knew they were harder to drive but assumed the new M11 was up to it. It is NOT, and anyone who thinks it is needs to connect them to a good source.

Damn, the P1 is not working for me with the M11 for certain. Can anyone suggest an alternative IEM for the M11?

Aug 25, 2019 at 9:53 PM Post #712 of 1,427
Yeah, I thought the M11 would be adequate but I guess I was wrong. Knew they were harder to drive but assumed the new M11 was up to it. It is NOT, and anyone who thinks it is needs to connect them to a good source.

Damn, the P1 is not working for me with the M11 for certain. Can anyone suggest an alternative IEM for the M11?

Most all dynamic, ba and hybrids (dynamic/ba) will probably be sufficient especially if you run them balanced. There are few planar IEMs as of now. The P1 is rather unique. Check over at the M11 thread and see what everyone is using or suggesting there.

Aug 26, 2019 at 2:02 AM Post #714 of 1,427

oBravo Cupid's sound great with a M11. Planar and dynamic driver

Aug 26, 2019 at 3:46 AM Post #715 of 1,427
So, is there any DAP someone here used and recommends with sinergy with the p1? I was thinking about the new HiBy r5... Any thoughts?

Cheers!
FiiO Q5s works quite well with P1. Not DAP but allows portability to P1.

Aug 26, 2019 at 6:02 AM Post #716 of 1,427

Tin T2.

Aug 26, 2019 at 6:52 AM Post #717 of 1,427
Aug 26, 2019 at 7:34 AM Post #718 of 1,427
So, is there any DAP someone here used and recommends with sinergy with the p1? I was thinking about the new HiBy r5... Any thoughts?

Cheers!

I have a Questyle QP1r. That is perform well satisfying with P1. Btw this dap is quite ultimate because its multi synergy to headphones, and has enough capability to drive full size cans as well, like HD600-650 (HD800 sounds good with, but low volume), Audeze LCD-X, LCD2 classic, LCD-4MX, ,Denons, Fostex dynamics-planars, Focals, ZMFs, Quad planar, Meze planar, Abyss Diana (big gun Abyss not), Hifiman 400 series and latest Hifimans (500, 560 not), Final headphones excl. the Final planar, MrSpeakers AEONs, Ethers, Klipsch Heritage and more, more.....
Earphones I didn't find any that was not good with QP1r, whatever the driver technology.
But old brick without new features, like wifi, BT, stream, blabla....

A&K SR15 Norma is ok with P1. (Kanns, 240, 380, Futura, Ultimas also, but price....)

From cheaper daps I could suggest the Shanling M2x.
Didn't heard yet, but all the previous Shanlings I heard, they have really good value/price ratio in my opinion, and what I read about M2x, that has massive amplifier section, able to drive full size cans too.
I'm not sure, but I guess enough for the power hungry P1.

The Fiio M11pro has more power than M11, and a little more refined sound (the first Fiio dap to me, that perform well for its price).
Also I'm not sure, but I thing enough for the P1.

Aug 26, 2019 at 8:34 AM Post #719 of 1,427
An attempt to create resonance chamber. Sound became warm and bassy, lost crispiness and air. Didn't like it but if you want to try more bass why not.
20190826_131945c.jpg

Aug 26, 2019 at 8:40 AM Post #720 of 1,427
Imo driving P1 is like driving a 200ohm full size HP... And it gives the sound of full sized cans when driven via desktop amp... But YMMV

Users who are viewing this thread

Back