Tin Hifi P1 impressions
Aug 11, 2019 at 2:18 AM Post #571 of 1,427
Can you guys who have the Tin Hifi P1 compare it to like the HD58X (or HD580-660S range) or the Yamaha HPH-MT8 (or MT220 or such) for instance?
P1 details and staging much better than HD58x maybe lose out on bass.... I can use P1 for large orchestral pieces whereas HD58x can only use for pop songs...

Aug 11, 2019 at 5:19 AM Post #572 of 1,427
Anyone find the p1s abnormally good? I put some spiral dots on them and I'm running them off an oppo ha2se with bass boost and everything just sounds...right.... Listening to my Andromedas I can tell the vocals and such are recessed or something similar, I can always nitpick, but these just sound perfectly proportioned to my ears. Maybe it's just me. Someone else with an oppo ha2se and a pair of p1s try out the combo and let me know what you think. I think these are stellar for the price.

Aug 11, 2019 at 6:33 AM Post #575 of 1,427
Is it a 2-D soundstage like the
Etymotics? I’m looking for something clean and detailed but still with decent oomph for orchestral classical etc amped with the Continental V5. Couldn’t get on with the Etymotics at all. Would welcome your thoughts!

Tested the p1 today. If you don't have an amp you can forget this IEM.
Details are very good, soundstage is wide, not thick and there is minimal bass.

Aug 11, 2019 at 10:36 AM Post #576 of 1,427
Is it a 2-D soundstage like the
Etymotics? I’m looking for something clean and detailed but still with decent oomph for orchestral classical etc amped with the Continental V5. Couldn’t get on with the Etymotics at all. Would welcome your thoughts!
Listening Rattle Mahler 2 on P1, it has layering, texture, depth and grandeur... But using headphone amp to drive it....

Aug 11, 2019 at 4:48 PM Post #578 of 1,427
How do these things work? ;D

(Do this have your marching or not?)

lift off or not?

Have you tripping/dancing around or not?
too harsh?
why just trash quality :/

too crappy quality

At-least you got a bit of Swedish music ;D

Things like Zimmer Time and Now we are free of course should sound epic on anything =P. Else something is wrong! So do it? ;D

Aug 11, 2019 at 5:06 PM Post #579 of 1,427
Hello, I am interested in this IEM and I have a couple questions before I take the leap.

1. I have a LG V30 as well as a Fiio E11. The V30 has a quad dac, would the combination of V30 and E11 be enough to drive these?

2. I also have an Xduoo X3. Would the X3 be a better pairing with the E11 to drive this IEM?

3. Do I need to purchase alternative DAC and/or AMP to properly enjoy this IEM?

Aug 11, 2019 at 8:19 PM Post #580 of 1,427
I don't have an
Anyone find the p1s abnormally good? I put some spiral dots on them and I'm running them off an oppo ha2se with bass boost and everything just sounds...right.... Listening to my Andromedas I can tell the vocals and such are recessed or something similar, I can always nitpick, but these just sound perfectly proportioned to my ears. Maybe it's just me. Someone else with an oppo ha2se and a pair of p1s try out the combo and let me know what you think. I think these are stellar for the price.
I don't have an Oppo but I'm giving my P1 an eq boost in the lower frequency range of about positive 0.5db-4.5db between 250 to 32 and they sound amazing to me with no lack of bass at all... I'm hearing bass in layers without interfering the mids and the highs sound crisp with speed and amazing detail..P1's are a major win for me.

Aug 11, 2019 at 8:39 PM Post #581 of 1,427
Hello, I am interested in this IEM and I have a couple questions before I take the leap.

1. I have a LG V30 as well as a Fiio E11. The V30 has a quad dac, would the combination of V30 and E11 be enough to drive these?

2. I also have an Xduoo X3. Would the X3 be a better pairing with the E11 to drive this IEM?

3. Do I need to purchase alternative DAC and/or AMP to properly enjoy this IEM?
I think that with 300mw and the high gain plus three levels of bass boost of the fiio e11 you are going to like what you hear from the P1... In the future you could always go more power.

Aug 11, 2019 at 10:02 PM Post #582 of 1,427
I think that with 300mw and the high gain plus three levels of bass boost of the fiio e11 you are going to like what you hear from the P1... In the future you could always go more power.

Thank you for your answer. Initially, I was considering the ATOM AMP, but I want to be able to use it while I'm traveling. So, if I have to invest another 150-200 into a portable DAC + AMP, then I would simply give up on it.

So, it's nice to hear that with the E11 and LG V30, I at least have a shot to get good quality out of the P1.

Aug 11, 2019 at 10:11 PM Post #583 of 1,427
Thank you for your answer. Initially, I was considering the ATOM AMP, but I want to be able to use it while I'm traveling. So, if I have to invest another 150-200 into a portable DAC + AMP, then I would simply give up on it.

So, it's nice to hear that with the E11 and LG V30, I at least have a shot to get good quality out of the P1.
I would still consider getting the Atom amp for home use because it's an amazing amp but for on the go portable power I think you will be happy with the 300mw high gain with bass boost of the fiio... obviously an atom amp for home use would really bring out the most of the P1

Aug 11, 2019 at 10:19 PM Post #584 of 1,427
I would still consider getting the Atom amp for home use because it's an amazing amp but for on the go portable power I think you will be happy with the 300mw high gain with bass boost of the fiio... obviously an atom amp for home use would really bring out the most of the P1

What do people usually hook their AMPs to at home, just to a DAP or their PC? At the moment, I think that the LG outshines Xduoo X3 in terms of DAP functionalities. My PC has a measly Asus Xonar DS. If I were to buy the ATOM AMP and attach it to my PC, would I need to buy a DAC too?

Aug 11, 2019 at 10:31 PM Post #585 of 1,427
What do people usually hook their AMPs to at home, just to a DAP or their PC? At the moment, I think that the LG outshines Xduoo X3 in terms of DAP functionalities. My PC has a measly Asus Xonar DS. If I were to buy the ATOM AMP and attach it to my PC, would I need to buy a DAC too?
Yes I would.. Most PC cards are not the best for audio..a separate dedicated amp/dac or ampdac combo would be the proper way to go to get the best results.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back