Tin Hifi P1 impressions
Aug 12, 2019 at 12:29 PM Post #601 of 1,427
Thank you, I will take a look at this guy's YT channel.

I see, that's interesting. You are sure that the MKII will be sufficient in driving the P1 yes? It would be nice to have something that has a bass boost, since I do like my bass. I just saw that the ATOM AMP does not have a bass boost option, so that's a bit of a disappointment. Regarding the 2.5mm balanced cable, I would need something like this yes?

If I am only looking for an AMP, would the Fiio A5 be enough to drive these? Furthermore, If you are familiar with the Micca OriGen G2 DAC/AMP, what are your thought about driving the P1 with that? It's around 100$, but I don't know if it's powerful enough, since it's only USB-powered. Nevermind, I just found out that the OriGen G2 is rather bad.

Btw, a thank you to everyone who has helped me understand these things. This community has been really helpful!

I believe that the mkii would suffice with the balanced output in high gain. I'm still waiting for Linsoul to send my P1, so I'll be able to test only a month from now...
And yes, a cable like the one you shared, ALTHOUGH the one you shared is a 2-pin socket, the P1 is mmcx. Pay attention to that to don't waste your money :wink:

Aug 12, 2019 at 12:46 PM Post #602 of 1,427
It do say TBD($50) on their page.
Supposedly it got hot though.

I see now. It's rather cheap for just 50 bucks. If they have published a preset for the P1, then they must have tested it with that and deemed it sufficient. Though it's bluetooth-connected, so that's the part I am a little bit worried about. I will need to use a 2.5mm balanced cable with PowerDac V2 yes?

I can't stress this enough: the p1 needs full-size headphone power. I have an PowerDAC v2 on the way as well, it's less power than the two main amps that I use with the p1 now - and there's a good chance that I may just use it as a DAC+EQ with the iOS/Android App that can send a balanced single to my XCAN which will then drive the p1.

Could you tell me what you paid for shipping (you live in the US I assume)?

Aug 12, 2019 at 12:48 PM Post #603 of 1,427
I believe that the mkii would suffice with the balanced output in high gain. I'm still waiting for Linsoul to send my P1, so I'll be able to test only a month from now...
And yes, a cable like the one you shared, ALTHOUGH the one you shared is a 2-pin socket, the P1 is mmcx. Pay attention to that to don't waste your money :wink:

Thank you for your comment. I am surprised that the shipping takes an entire month with Linsoul. Yes, the one showing is a 2-pin, but that page also has a MMCX option :)

P.S. sorry for the double post.

Aug 12, 2019 at 1:00 PM Post #604 of 1,427
I'm waiting also on the Powerdac V2 also.. Once I saw the specs and the app plus the price I couldn't resist. Mines is shipped already and it's on its way for $63 with USB power splitter cable & shipping costs. For right now you have to deal direct with Ivan through email and pay using PayPal...I had Absolutely no issues and he's a great dude that answered all my questions and was a pleasure doing business with.

Aug 12, 2019 at 1:01 PM Post #605 of 1,427
Could you tell me what you paid for shipping (you live in the US I assume)?

Yeah, I'm in the states. It was $5 USD for "EMS shipping that takes about two weeks."

But your best bet is to fill out the contact form on the website and just ask Ivan what the total cost for you will be, it might not be the same as what I paid.

Aug 12, 2019 at 1:02 PM Post #606 of 1,427
I'm waiting also on the Powerdac V2 also.. Once I saw the specs and the app plus the price I couldn't resist. Mines is shipped already and it's on its way for $63 with USB power splitter cable & shipping costs. For right now you have to deal direct with Ivan through email and pay using PayPal...I had Absolutely no issues and he's a great dude that answered all my questions and was a pleasure doing business with.

I second this. It was a super simple process and Ivan answered all emails very quickly. If the PowerDAC works out well, I'm definitely going back for the 9038S.

Aug 12, 2019 at 1:07 PM Post #607 of 1,427
I second this. It was a super simple process and Ivan answered all emails very quickly. If the PowerDAC works out well, I'm definitely going back for the 9038S.
I'm with you on that 100%...I got the V2 because of the features and the complexity that it seams to have..I love tinkering... But the other DAC seems to be more of a simple plug and play promising great sound Quality with less tinkering around.

Aug 12, 2019 at 1:17 PM Post #608 of 1,427

Currently very interested in this. V2 has a USB type-b connector for input right? I watched this video and that dude had the adapters to connect it to his phone. This is exactly something what I would like. Does Ivan provide for the adapters to phone as well? I will probably wait for a few others in here for their opinions. But if it's favorable, I am 100% buying this.

Aug 12, 2019 at 1:26 PM Post #609 of 1,427
Currently very interested in this. V2 has a USB type-b connector for input right? I watched this video and that dude had the adapters to connect it to his phone. This is exactly something what I would like. Does Ivan provide for the adapters to phone as well? I will probably wait for a few others in here for their opinions. But if it's favorable, I am 100% buying this.
Yes.. He will provide you any cable you need for your phone and he's a good guy with great customer service.

Aug 12, 2019 at 3:22 PM Post #612 of 1,427
so what about all the reviews that were saying these were very mediocre?
Are owners enjoying them?
How would you compare to an all Balanced Armature set, or a Dynamic Driver iem?
These might fit my current budget perfectly, so thank you for any input.

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2019 at 3:55 PM Post #613 of 1,427
so what about all the reviews that were saying these were very mediocre?

What about them?

Are owners enjoying them?

Yes. Majority of comments from owners in this thread are very positive, including mine.

How would you compare to an all Balanced Armature set, or a Dynamic Driver iem?

I think you'll need to list some specific BA or DD iem's you're looking for comparison on. All BA iem's don't sound alike, same goes for DD.

These might fit my current budget perfectly, so thank you for any input.

As mentioned throughout this thread: make sure you have a powerful amp that can drive the p1 properly. It will be a waste of money to drive these with your phone, computer or 90% of the DAPs out there.

Aug 12, 2019 at 4:01 PM Post #614 of 1,427
What about them?

Yes. Majority of comments from owners in this thread are very positive, including mine.

I think you'll need to list some specific BA or DD iem's you're looking for comparison on. All BA iem's don't sound alike, same goes for DD.

As mentioned throughout this thread: make sure you have a powerful amp that can drive the p1 properly. It will be a waste of money to drive these with your phone, computer or 90% of the DAPs out there.
I'll be using the WM1A with a balanced cable, should be enough power there.
Also say compared to the Fearless S8F, or any of the budget Campfire stuff, I am basically trying to get an idea of the sound, as to to what sets this Planar apart from the other drivers. Speed, soundstage etc.

Aug 12, 2019 at 4:08 PM Post #615 of 1,427
Agreed. I’d also really appreciate some comparisons against some of the iems a little further up the chain - campfire, oriolus, etc. If anyone’s had some experience they’d share it would be great...

I'll be using the WM1A with a balanced cable, should be enough power there.
Also say compared to the Fearless S8F, or any of the budget Campfire stuff, I am basically trying to get an idea of the sound, as to to what sets this Planar apart from the other drivers. Speed, soundstage etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back