Tin Hifi P1 impressions
Jul 24, 2019 at 8:22 PM Post #451 of 1,427
Think it was Super Reviews on Youtube. I have yet to see any with a mediocre build/fit/finish, looking at either of the two in my possession (one of which is prerelease where you would expect minor blemishes), or any images/reviews from others.

although he doesn't mention it, I believe you can see the offset seam in Farsil the Wizards unboxing and review also

Jul 24, 2019 at 11:04 PM Post #452 of 1,427
i would love to see that review, i've seen 3 pairs live here in Mexico city, all of em nice polished stainless steel without any rough edge, i was one of the first to purchase/ get mine and it sounds, looks and feels like any other that ive come to see

Jul 25, 2019 at 9:29 AM Post #453 of 1,427
My primary IEM is iSine 20 and really love it. I decided to purchase the P1 to use it as the backup. the iSine physical size and the way it was decided is just not an idea for listening in a noisy environment, say: in flight. I am hoping the P1 will help with that noisy environment while maintaining sounds quality I like with iSine 20. I have been listening with P1 for a week now. I must say that I really like/love it. The P1 to me, it gives 85% close to iSine 20, perhaps close to 90%. I am using the foam tips on P1. The silicon tips has slight harsh high, while the foam is taming the high a bit. The mid is very good. I might even like it more on P1. It is slightly more forwarding and wider than iSine. I am not bass heavy. I found that P1 bass is as good, but not as great as iSine. I am using both iSine and P1 with iFi DSD black label and Fiio M11 as source. For the desk, I am using the Schiit Lyr/bifrost and the Mac. P1 as backup and I was hoping I can travel with just P1 and M11, which is fine. But, for P1 to excel, I have to use iFi DSD. For a comparison sake, my listening volume using the iFi; iSine 20 is around 10 to 11 o'clock. With P1; the volume is around 12 to 1pm. All in all, I am happy with P1. I think, if you like iSine SQ, then P1 will do good as backup. Again, this is just my pure experience. Nothing technical about it. It is whether I like it or I don't. In my case, P1 is a good.

BTW: For those that has iSine 20, if you have not tried the iOS Cipher cable. You should!

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2019 at 9:49 AM Post #454 of 1,427
My primary IEM is iSine 20 and really love it. I decided to purchase the P1 to use it as the backup. the iSine physical size and the way it was decided is just not an idea for listening in a noisy environment, say: in flight. I am hoping the P1 will help with that noisy environment while maintaining sounds quality I like with iSine 20. I have been listening with P1 for a week now. I must say that I really like/love it. The P1 to me, it gives 85% close to iSine 20, perhaps close to 90%. I am using the foam tips on P1. The silicon tips has slight harsh high, while the foam is taming the high a bit. The mid is very good. I might even like it more on P1. It is slightly more forwarding and wider than iSine. I am not bass heavy. I found that P1 bass is as good, but not as great as iSine. I am using both iSine and P1 with iFi DSD black label and Fiio M11 as source. For the desk, I am using the Schiit Lyr/bifrost and the Mac. P1 as backup and I was hoping I can travel with just P1 and M11, which is fine. But, for P1 to excel, I have to use iFi DSD. For a comparison sake, my listening volume using the iFi; iSine 20 is around 10 to 11 o'clock. With P1; the volume is around 12 to 1pm. All in all, I am happy with P1. I think, if you like iSine SQ, then P1 will do good as backup. Again, this is just my pure experience. Nothing technical about it. It is whether I like it or I don't. In my case, P1 is a good.

thanks for the comparison... I own the iSine 20 also and was wondering if they were similar sounding. although the open back nature of the iSine 20 makes for a more open stage, how open sounding is the P1?

Jul 25, 2019 at 10:08 AM Post #455 of 1,427
thanks for the comparison... I own the iSine 20 also and was wondering if they were similar sounding. although the open back nature of the iSine 20 makes for a more open stage, how open sounding is the P1?

As far as the soundstage goes, P1 has really good soundstage. As I said, P1 is good and very pleasant to listening to. As the matter of fact, I have not yet used the iSine 20 since I have P1 other than making a comparison. The only reason, I gave 85-90% close to iSine 20 is: iSine 20 has better range of bass and high is more instrumental to my ears. P1 has good detail resolution and soundstage.

Jul 25, 2019 at 10:10 AM Post #456 of 1,427
As far as the soundstage goes, P1 has really good soundstage. As I said, P1 is good and very pleasant to listening to. As the matter of fact, I have not yet used the iSine 20 since I have P1 other than making a comparison. The only reason, I gave 85-90% close to iSine 20 is: iSine 20 has better range of bass and high is more instrumental to my ears. P1 has good detail resolution and soundstage.

thanks again... last question...

do the 2 halves of the shell mate perfectly on them?

Jul 25, 2019 at 10:24 AM Post #458 of 1,427
I am in... just ordered a set from Linsoul with the upgraded cable in 4.4mm.

thanks to all who answered my questions and helped me liberate another $220 from my wallet

as for my paranoia over the mismatched seams...

my IEM use can exceed 6 hours per day and the last thing I need is a imperfection in the shell that could possibly inhibit their use

Jul 25, 2019 at 11:08 AM Post #461 of 1,427
My P1 pair is perfect.
Mine are also perfect. Have had them a couple of weeks listening pretty much non stop and they're beautiful

Jul 26, 2019 at 12:42 PM Post #462 of 1,427
My P1 are also perfect. And super comfortable, one of the most comfortable I've ever worn, I can even sleep on my side with them, which is rare for me.

Comfort issues people are having are probably related to the tip, and the tip placement. The bore on the p1 is pretty long, but the edge for where the tip should be is very close to the end, so I just pushed my tips over that edge/lip almost all the way to the housing. This improves the sound as it bring the opening closer to your eardrums, and also helps with isolation.

Tips: Until today I was using Large SpinFits (my normal tip size is M) but I think spins runs just a few mm smaller than others, and I need more of that soft silicone to get a good seal. However these Symbio W tips just arrived today (from ebay) and goddamn are they good. As close to the Sony silcone and foam hybrids as ever seen, and maybe better??? The ebay seller I got them from is sold out, but hopefully the symbio site will be back online soon with restocked W's (they were sold out there recently).

Here's the link, but site is down for maintenance right now: http://symbioeartips.com/termek/symbio-w/

Photos of the symbio w on my p1:
p1-symbioW.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2019 at 2:06 PM Post #463 of 1,427
My P1 are also perfect. And super comfortable, one of the most comfortable I've ever worn, I can even sleep on my side with them, which is rare for me.

Comfort issues people are having are probably related to the tip, and the tip placement. The bore on the p1 is pretty long, but the edge for where the tip should be is very close to the end, so I just pushed my tips over that edge/lip almost all the way to the housing. This improves the sound as it bring the opening closer to your eardrums, and also helps with isolation.

Tips: Until today I was using Large SpinFits (my normal tip size is M) but I think spins runs just a few mm smaller than others, and I need more of that soft silicone to get a good seal. However these Symbio W tips just arrived today (from ebay) and goddamn are they good. As close to the Sony silcone and foam hybrids as ever seen, and maybe better??? The ebay seller I got them from is sold out, but hopefully the symbio site will be back online soon with restocked W's (they were sold out there recently).

Here's the link, but site is down for maintenance right now: http://symbioeartips.com/termek/symbio-w/

Photos of the symbio w on my p1:
Wow those look sexy the way the orange pops and casts reflections off the steel housing.. Awesome!

Jul 27, 2019 at 12:34 AM Post #464 of 1,427
My initial impressions:
Fancy box!
What in gods name is this cable? Are they serious? This is a joke....
Fit. What... Is this broken? Is the left iem broken? No... It's the tips? Every tip sucks.... OK... I can't get a good seal. What about my kz zs3 tips? Perfect seal.. .
So summary, all of the accessories are trash.... I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say you literally should just trash the tips. They're all useless it's so bad, I didn't know tips could be this import. If you can point me in the right direction for kz zs3 type tips of good quality I'd greatly appreciate it. I don't wanna swap 1 set of tips.
Sound?
Turn it up. Bad guy good audio said this. When I first plugged them in it was weak (without good seal too). Turned it up more, OK. Got a good seal still, getting there. Turned up more... Great. I like this. It feels clear but this initial so grain of salt.
I'm not lacking bass... And it's accurate. Weirdly so.. I didn't know the bass line alternated between left and right here.... And I've listened to this song over 100 times.

Edit :if I had never owned ciems, and learned how to get earbuds in, I don't think I could have ever gotten these in right. And I had to do that technique like 8 times. When you get a seal... I gotta listen all weekend vs my cheap kz zs3 that I currently use as my iem. Just started getting into good iems actually.

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2019 at 3:32 AM Post #465 of 1,427
My initial impressions:
Fancy box!
What in gods name is this cable? Are they serious? This is a joke....
Fit. What... Is this broken? Is the left iem broken? No... It's the tips? Every tip sucks.... OK... I can't get a good seal. What about my kz zs3 tips? Perfect seal.. .
So summary, all of the accessories are trash.... I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say you literally should just trash the tips. They're all useless it's so bad, I didn't know tips could be this import. If you can point me in the right direction for kz zs3 type tips of good quality I'd greatly appreciate it. I don't wanna swap 1 set of tips.
Sound?
Turn it up. Bad guy good audio said this. When I first plugged them in it was weak (without good seal too). Turned it up more, OK. Got a good seal still, getting there. Turned up more... Great. I like this. It feels clear but this initial so grain of salt.
I'm not lacking bass... And it's accurate. Weirdly so.. I didn't know the bass line alternated between left and right here.... And I've listened to this song over 100 times.

Edit :if I had never owned ciems, and learned how to get earbuds in, I don't think I could have ever gotten these in right. And I had to do that technique like 8 times. When you get a seal... I gotta listen all weekend vs my cheap kz zs3 that I currently use as my iem. Just started getting into good iems actually.

My experience is similar. The stock cable is a joke. But then I already have a customized silver cable for my iems, so I am not going to use the stock cable anyways.

I actually almost consider selling these due to the weak bass and then I tried the stock foam tips... that's when I actually start getting a good seal. I am not sure if is the shape of my ears, but I can't seems to get a good seal other than the stock foam tips that comes with the tin hifi p1. I've tried Symbio W and Final E.... Final E always give me good fit with other iems... but not with the p1. Any recommendations on ear tips (I have small ear canal btw)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back