Tin Hifi P1 impressions
Jun 25, 2019 at 6:28 PM Post #166 of 1,427
I own noble encore as well other iems

They are good but I will never buy 4 digit iem ever..

Chifi all the way for iems for me...

I am waiting the day of the 150$ Utopia:)

ChiFi exposing everyone, it's so great.

Jun 25, 2019 at 7:11 PM Post #167 of 1,427
I don't understand this new wave of chi fi hype at all. Every-time a decent iem comes out people hype it to death, while upon closer inspection none of these "Giant Killer" iems provide upgrade to 10 years old gro7.

You would see people raving about how their inexpensive iem beat kilo bucks iem, while most of them cant even beat a 40bucks vsd3s. What!

Then you fall into hype, buy kze iems(god knows how many of them are out there), only to discover that they sound utter garbage. 95 Percent of these flavor of the month iems lack any sort of control and refinement, I cant believe how incredibly stupid the iem review community has become.

For the love of sanity, please consider comparing your flavor of the month with a good old school budget champ before you move on to a andromeda.

Jun 25, 2019 at 8:15 PM Post #169 of 1,427
I don't understand this new wave of chi fi hype at all. Every-time a decent iem comes out people hype it to death, while upon closer inspection none of these "Giant Killer" iems provide upgrade to 10 years old gro7.

You would see people raving about how their inexpensive iem beat kilo bucks iem, while most of them cant even beat a 40bucks vsd3s. What!

Then you fall into hype, buy kze iems(god knows how many of them are out there), only to discover that they sound utter garbage. 95 Percent of these flavor of the month iems lack any sort of control and refinement, I cant believe how incredibly stupid the iem review community has become.

For the love of sanity, please consider comparing your flavor of the month with a good old school budget champ before you move on to a andromeda.

I like my KZ and I've heard plenty of well-received high end gear. If people stop thinking of them as giant killers and instead what they are, that being good sounding budget gear that you move on to better things from, we'd all be better off. That said, they're getting a little big for their britches lately with stuff like the AS16. They've got the build down pat, they just need to work on refining their tuning.

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2019 at 8:18 PM Post #170 of 1,427
Hey @Kitechaser why aren't you mentioning all this about the CL2 in the CL2 thread? I understand it's a natural comparison but we're past that point, we need more info on the P1 and not the CL2.

I don't mean that as a slight. It's just an observation.
The CL2 is being manufactured in China, it was just a matter of time before some Chinese company copied it.
I am hoping the P1 is as good as some people on here are saying it is, because it is amazing tech, and at $150 more people can get their hands on it. It deserves to be heard.

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2019 at 8:29 PM Post #171 of 1,427
Can some reviewer compare the p1 and kxxs ?

Jun 25, 2019 at 9:22 PM Post #172 of 1,427
I like my KZ and I've heard plenty of well-received high end gear. If people stop thinking of them as giant killers and not what they are, that being good sounding budget gear that you move on to better things from, we'd all be better off. That said, they're getting a little big for their britches lately with stuff like the AS16. They've got the build down pat, they just need to work on refining their tuning.
Crossovers.... I don't have a problem with tuning, it's like the color of paint in a room, I can easily change that (part of the reason I'm such a fan of the CL2 is that I don't mind EQ at all).

If people can do a 10 way crossover like in the EE Legend X in chifi, I'll be excited.

The fearless S8f is all the proof I need that chifi can be as good and refined as anything from anywhere else at half the price.

Jun 25, 2019 at 9:49 PM Post #173 of 1,427
Crossovers.... I don't have a problem with tuning, it's like the color of paint in a room, I can easily change that (part of the reason I'm such a fan of the CL2 is that I don't mind EQ at all).

If people can do a 10 way crossover like in the EE Legend X in chifi, I'll be excited.

The fearless S8f is all the proof I need that chifi can be as good and refined as anything from anywhere else at half the price.

Haven't tried the S8 but the S6 Rui is an amazing piece of kit for the money :)

Jun 25, 2019 at 10:03 PM Post #175 of 1,427
Haven't tried the S8 but the S6 Rui is an amazing piece of kit for the money :)
I was thinking about getting the s8f but i think its to big for my ears the dm6 takes 90% of my concha

Jun 25, 2019 at 10:34 PM Post #176 of 1,427
Planar are a lean machine that dynamic drivers can't match in some respects. If the P1 is really flat and neutral and has no bass or even a hint, great, that's ok. A lot of bass gives me a head ache after hours of listening. For me the mid's are the show, that is where all the info is mostly. I don't know many singers that sing one note and it's all bass for 3 minutes. I love my HifiMan RE-600 and the bass if flat and boring. Would I sell them? No. Why? They reveal detail in a pleasing way that is clear and precise but they are not forward. If the P1 is anything like that but more forward they will be keepers and that is the impression I'm getting. Even if they are not there are not may companies that make planar's that fit in your pocket or at this price.

Is this a neutral IEM or an anemic one?

Jun 26, 2019 at 12:28 AM Post #177 of 1,427
.... I cant believe how incredibly stupid the iem review community has become.

I think more impressionable than stupid. If we're to use 'likes' as a metric.. it speaks volumes when some of the highest ranked comments (on aforementioned 20+ min videos & drop) are tepid statements, e.g. "xxxx & yyyy recommend it! it's a must buy!"

That's not a criticism aimed at said videos. Additionally, I appreciate the time several members have taken to write verbose and technical reviews. It's obvious from reading some of the responses that I'm not the only person with a drawer full of IEMs that rarely get used. :) Count me among those who'll wait for the dust to settle.

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2019 at 12:32 AM Post #178 of 1,427
I think more impressionable than stupid. If we're to use 'likes' as a metric.. it speaks volumes when some of the highest ranked comments (on aforementioned 20+ min videos & drop) are tepid statements, e.g. "xxxx & yyyy recommend it! it's a must buy!"

That's not a criticism aimed at said videos. Additionally, I appreciate the time several members have taken to write verbose and technical reviews. It's obvious from reading some of the responses that I'm not the only person with a drawer full of IEMs that rarely get used. :) Count me among those who'll wait for the dust to settle.

Agree I think we need to have a cooling period of at least 3 months before buying an IEM

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2019 at 12:44 AM Post #179 of 1,427

Damn you’ve been here a long time! In 2003 I was 17 years old and I was into shelf systems lmao. I had a JVC HX3 I believe it was called? Big ass shelf system with 8 inch woofers and dual 5 inch mid range drivers. It was like $400 and I BEGGED my parents for it for Christmas. Got a lot of enjoyment out of that thing for years to come. Ah simpler times for sure. I didn’t get into headphones till around 2010.

Jun 26, 2019 at 1:48 AM Post #180 of 1,427
I don't mean that as a slight. It's just an observation.
The CL2 is being manufactured in China, it was just a matter of time before some Chinese company copied it.
I am hoping the P1 is as good as some people on here are saying it is, because it is amazing tech, and at $150 more people can get their hands on it. It deserves to be heard.
Why do you say it's a copy of the cl2 ? Is it because it's a planar as well? In that case, the cl2 could be considered a copy of the isine's. Does that mean every dynamic or BA iem is a copy of something else? Hell the cl2 looks exactly like any Shure iem. I don't hear you saying it's a ripoff.
There seems to be a lot of casual racism directed at the Chinese for some reason.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back