Tin Hifi P1 impressions
Sep 29, 2019 at 12:35 AM Post #872 of 1,427
Ohh .. someone told me its not yet in the IOS version.. but you can import those settings..
sorry didnt know theres a difference.. i hate apple so i wouldnt be able to try this on ios. :wink:.. because i hate .. well i guess i mentioned this ..

Sep 29, 2019 at 12:36 AM Post #873 of 1,427

Attachments

• P1 true Harman.zip
    1.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Sep 29, 2019 at 7:02 AM Post #874 of 1,427
I use a set of he400i normally, would these planars compare to that planars? If that is the case I'm totally in!
The P1 is very amplifier dependent, especially the power under hood.
If you can feed well, the P1 outperform the 400i in every case. Dynamic, clarity, bass weight and stage too. (P1 with stock SE cable)
And also the P1 request a lot of burn in.
Over on 200 hours I noticed, now I can enjoy it with my QP1r dap similarly like I do with my desktop amplifier (TMP Ant powerful hybrid).
That's mean, came to be easier to drive and more forgiving to record quality (youtube).
It's sure not brainburning, because I use other headphones, earphones at same time.

Sep 29, 2019 at 9:48 AM Post #876 of 1,427
Thanks fericske, I'm planning on driving them directly from a Fiio M11, that has a lot of power in the balanced output. Do you think it could be enough or an amp is a must?

Thank you.
I had an audition with the FIIO M11pro, but not with the P1.
Try it with other portable players, amps (QP1r, AK SR15, AK380, Korg ds dac-100m) and some desktop amp (Myryad Z40, Focusrite Scarlet solo 2) compared to the massive TMP Ant amp, they have not enough juice to drive well the P1.
Not need any EQ to the P1 (I don't like to use EQ at all, brings much more minus on sound like plus), but proper amplifying yes.
So, I don't think the M11 can drive well the P1.
At the beginning sure not.
The bass starts wake up around 60 hours run, and slightly improving more after then. I didn't notice changes in sound after ~100 hours, but I got fuller sonic performance on lower volume, not like before. More smoothness with same detailing - more forgiving - and just now, the last couple days I tried again (after months) with my dap, and it's surprised me with the much fuller sound like at the beginning. Well I have to give max gain and high volume, but now I get body on mid section and weighty bass.
Oh, yeah, finally don't forget to find a good eartips for P1.
It's stock silicon tips are useless, but the foam is not bad for start.
Read back for eartips experiences.

Sep 29, 2019 at 12:06 PM Post #877 of 1,427
Sorry, english is not my language, do you say that these are as good as the hifiman?

Thank you.
He's using eq.

Should both be compared without eq?

Also how annoying is microphonics and listening on your own walk and such with them? Also things like electrical toothbrush with iems sounds much louder is it because the air can't escape or do it mess with sensitivity? How dangerous is that, air passing cables when bicycling and inserting and removing?

Sep 29, 2019 at 2:22 PM Post #878 of 1,427
Best Combo!!!
IMG_20190930_002056.jpg

Oct 1, 2019 at 3:40 PM Post #879 of 1,427
Still seeing plenty of questions in this thread about "can X power the p1?"

If your output is below 550mW (per channel) then the answer is: Maybe, but you won't get their full performance. Period.

Oct 1, 2019 at 6:26 PM Post #880 of 1,427

If your output is below 550mW (per channel) then the answer is: Maybe, but you won't get their full performance. Period.
Can't Tin Hifi make some actual support and answer whatever throwing half a watt over them is ok.

That's 50 times more than what they say is the max, and the diaphragm is claimed to be tiny. Why wouldn't it take damage of it?

Couldn't one just say it won't work well?

Oct 1, 2019 at 7:22 PM Post #883 of 1,427
I got the Fiio A5 for the P1s. Just got it today, it is supposed to get up to about 800mw and it gets them quite loud, certainly better than the other amp I had.

On a single channel? I think that might be 400+400.
I find really hard to believe someone would make a portable headphone that can’t be use portable!

Does the P1’s sound better with the A5, than just with your DAP? Or just louder?

Oct 1, 2019 at 7:29 PM Post #885 of 1,427

I've taken a second hand but 'as new set: they sound truly awful with my Tempotec IDSD plus, considered a pretty powerful portable at 150mw @32, in fact seems worse the louder, trying to establish whether faulty while can return. Sellers a pensioner and' seems' genuine!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back