Tin Hifi P1 impressions
Sep 24, 2019 at 6:37 PM Post #856 of 1,427
i can push them to the max and it just gets louder with no distortions.. like a speed junkie driving faster :wink:
I am so amazed to be able to carry great sounding headphones in my pocket..

@Starfinder
i just got it yesterday.. can be used with a cellphone and powerbank.. but i also ordered me the 9038s v2 thats dragonfly thump size and some guy said he can power it from his hiby r3.. i also got this r3 DAP and i will see if it works.. will suck the battery try like a vampire for sure but i also ordered me a very small 10000mAh powerbank and got a splittercable..

if it works than its fine but the EQ on the pdv2 is the real selling point for me...

p1s are burned in now and sound amazing.. but i allready said this 10 times at least *g :wink:
seeya daniel

Sep 24, 2019 at 9:21 PM Post #857 of 1,427
all these years I've been wanting to try the shure se535 but never really had the chance to. does anyone of you tried and maybe compared it with the P1? just a curious dog :D TIA!

Sep 28, 2019 at 11:40 AM Post #859 of 1,427
If anyone else is using the P1 with a Cowon Plenue player what equalizer preset do you use/ recommend?

Also, I think these may be the best headphones I have ever owned. I am totally blown away by them esp given the size. I've never owned a planar set before.

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2019 at 5:26 PM Post #860 of 1,427
using with Zishan DSD Pro coxail out to Xduoo-XD-05 with Burson opamp upgrade

A/B Comparing to my T50RP MK3 Argons
Not as much bass and depth
but all smiles with the P1s

Sep 28, 2019 at 6:24 PM Post #861 of 1,427
WOW! I had some days with my E1DA Powerdac v2 and the P1s
with the "P1 true harman curve" built in preset the P1s sound so fcking bigger in one click!!
simply amazing what powerfull bass can you get out of them with an EQ.. and also i have now much vivid and juicy treble..

i am really speechless and its so small that i can wear it for 8-10 hours in a row on my sofa..

really great headphones that can be turned into 1-2k sounding headphones with a powerfull source and EQ
so my endgame combo is P1+PowerDACv2..

Sep 28, 2019 at 8:13 PM Post #862 of 1,427
i can push them to the max and it just gets louder with no distortions.. like a speed junkie driving faster :wink:
I am so amazed to be able to carry great sounding headphones in my pocket..

@Starfinder
i just got it yesterday.. can be used with a cellphone and powerbank.. but i also ordered me the 9038s v2 thats dragonfly thump size and some guy said he can power it from his hiby r3.. i also got this r3 DAP and i will see if it works.. will suck the battery try like a vampire for sure but i also ordered me a very small 10000mAh powerbank and got a splittercable..

if it works than its fine but the EQ on the pdv2 is the real selling point for me...

p1s are burned in now and sound amazing.. but i allready said this 10 times at least *g :wink:
seeya daniel

Thanks guys, so when I first plugged (straight from the box on receipt) into my Samsung galaxy s10 plus (which is load, powerful and clean by smartphone standards, for example would make a kz zsx hurt your ears at 60-70%) it would at least be audible (certainly if having to push it over 90%) not thin, tinny and indistinct. The more juice I gave from the dac the more crackle and distorted it gets, like a blown speaker. The seller seems genuine but was using a more powerful DAC rated at 2v he says? He's convinced in his mind it was 100% working. I've never heard an IEM sound 'gone' like it

Sep 28, 2019 at 9:46 PM Post #863 of 1,427
i also got my kz zsx with a crap + golden princess kz super cable... actually those are potatoes... how can i put potatoes in my ear`? Tin P1 iss such a slender and ergonomix beauty.. and not just a big chinky potatotoe in my ear.. well it was so called "Lehrgeld" in German,.. i paid money to get the experience that it was crap :wink: so i learn from this next time :wink: wow so much XXX .. just said "they sound so underwhelming on my pdv2 compared to the P1s- also checking out sundaras finally with mmcx adapters..and sound WOW

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2019 at 9:46 PM Post #864 of 1,427
with the "P1 true harman curve" built in preset the P1s sound so fcking bigger in one click!!
simply amazing what powerfull bass can you get out of them with an EQ.. and also i have now much vivid and juicy treble..

i am really speechless and its so small that i can wear it for 8-10 hours in a row on my sofa..

really great headphones that can be turned into 1-2k sounding headphones with a powerfull source and EQ

what's your source?

Sep 28, 2019 at 9:53 PM Post #865 of 1,427
E1DA Powerdac v2 -- really how can i emphasise this more?
IMG_20190927_152425.jpg
with the harman preset (i said this 20 times now. so sorry for repeating=) this dac powers the p1 perfectly..

by the way i finally have my MMCX adapters form china so now i can plug my sundaras on the E1DA Powerdac v2.. and the cable 174 form electro acousti ....holy crap.. only tried the vinyl preset and they sound amazing..

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2019 at 11:17 PM Post #867 of 1,427
well with eq they disgraced my sundaras on a khadas /atom combo with customs cardas cable...
ok.. now i have them also on that dac with adapters... but still p1s can sound like a fullsize headphone with strong enough powererd and EQ

Sep 28, 2019 at 11:40 PM Post #868 of 1,427
well with eq they disgraced my sundaras on a khadas /atom combo with customs cardas cable...
ok.. now i have them also on that dac with adapters... but still p1s can sound like a fullsize headphone with strong enough powererd and EQ
Sorry, english is not my language, do you say that these are as good as the hifiman?

Thank you.

Sep 29, 2019 at 12:06 AM Post #869 of 1,427

Where is the "P1 true harman curve: built in preset?
I'm looking at my HP Toy app and don;t see it
Is there an update to the software?

Sep 29, 2019 at 12:15 AM Post #870 of 1,427
well with enough power and some EQ emphasizing i would say yes...

ill just change my sundaras with them on the same cable.... and p1 harman preset...
well yes.. :wink: they sound amazing.... still need some time to compare them both .. but i can have such a sound in this small bag and take it to my offece and back... thats whats so striking about this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back