Time to ditch the Sennheiser 598s
Jul 18, 2012 at 5:09 AM Post #17 of 35
Beats by dr dre pro should do you well, they have excellent clarity and bass and make you hear songs as how the artiste intended to, you cant go wrong with beats 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Hmm..
The way I've learned things in the computer world is to avoid all things with someone's name on it or stuff specificly designed for X or Y.

In other words, a pair of.headphones with a famous rapper's name on them sounds like a publicity stunt aimed at 15 year olds where they sell bad products claiming its the best money can buy...

Thanks for the suggestion though :)
I'll read up on those after work but i'm not holding my breath.

Sent from my R800i using Tapatalk 2

Jul 18, 2012 at 9:02 AM Post #18 of 35
Quote:
Beats by dr dre pro should do you well, they have excellent clarity and bass and make you hear songs as how the artiste intended to, you cant go wrong with beats 
very_evil_smiley.gif

i agree with him >:D the pads are very thick, the headband is very loose on your head, it is very light and it overall feels like wearing nothing

(now put everything i said in the sentence above in opposite) 

Jul 18, 2012 at 9:43 AM Post #19 of 35
Quote:
In other words, a pair of.headphones with a famous rapper's name on them sounds like a publicity stunt aimed at 15 year olds where they sell bad products claiming its the best money can buy...

Are you sure you're in Belgium?  Because you have an American B.S. Detector. 

Jul 18, 2012 at 9:50 AM Post #20 of 35
Quote:

Are you sure you're in Belgium?  Because you have an American B.S. Detector. 

Pretty sure yes :p
I've seen my share of crappy products in the past :p
My expertise lies with computers and the things they sell...
7.1 surround Perfect for gaming! Hear everyone on the map just for 199€... OMG sick deal! They those headsets sound like 2.1 with a disgusting equalizer :p

Militairy grade ultra durable motherboard! Exploded withing 6 hours of overclocking... (sadly this isn't even a joke)

So I'm rather careful these days when I buy something :p

Jul 19, 2012 at 12:24 PM Post #21 of 35
Quote:
Pretty sure yes
tongue.gif

I've seen my share of crappy products in the past
tongue.gif

My expertise lies with computers and the things they sell...
7.1 surround Perfect for gaming! Hear everyone on the map just for 199€... OMG sick deal! They those headsets sound like 2.1 with a disgusting equalizer
tongue.gif

Militairy grade ultra durable motherboard! Exploded withing 6 hours of overclocking... (sadly this isn't even a joke)
So I'm rather careful these days when I buy something
tongue.gif

learn 2 overclock like back in the days... -> well manual, pencil mods don't work these days (good old days :D )

Jul 19, 2012 at 1:42 PM Post #22 of 35
I just tried the 598s today.... WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW. Souch a wide soundstage and by far the most comfortable cans I have ever worn. They were my favourite from the limited time I tried them, though I must admit, the HD 700s sounded amazing. I thought the 598s were even better than the AH-D7000s and HD 650s. And boy, grados are some weird cans, I could only handle listening to them for 5 seconds.

:D

Jul 26, 2012 at 6:43 AM Post #26 of 35
Well, just letting you all know that I got the AKG K550 today.
They are FAR more comfortable then the H598s.
Now they aren't as noise canceling as people make them out to be but ye.
I'll let you know how they sound in a month or so :)

Jul 26, 2012 at 6:45 AM Post #27 of 35
glad to hear that, hope you enjoy your purchase
k701smile.gif

Jul 26, 2012 at 7:12 AM Post #28 of 35
Only had them for a while but they are exactly what I was looking for :)
They feel kinda like those big headphones you wear durning hear tests as a kid (ooh, the nostalgia).
They don't sound as airy as the H598 which is great because I never liked the airyness of open headphones.

While listening to them at home I was amazed by the bass while still producing clear highs.
Sadly when on my way to work I used an iPod without a DAC (damn you battery life!) which makes the headphones sound very mediocre.
So the only thing I can say for sure is that for iPod users, these cans are a massive waste of money if you dont use a DAC/Amp since iPod sound is just...
Well... It's **** xD

Edit:
Ok I need some advice here :p
I've been playing with the gain, treble, etc for a bit now and I found that I'm getting slight headaches :xf_eek:
I guess it's safe to assume that this isn't normal...
Wondering if it's because I keep pressing the headphones against my ears to push out the air, creating massive pressure in the cans... or is it just my ears not being used to this kind of sound?

hmm...

Jul 26, 2012 at 10:15 AM Post #29 of 35
Quote:
Ok I need some advice here
tongue.gif

I've been playing with the gain, treble, etc for a bit now and I found that I'm getting slight headaches
redface.gif

told you so :D -> see quote below

If the HD598 hurts your ears/head after some time... you might skip the K550 due to their massive treble-spikes and ringing due to no dampening material inside the cups.
The M50s are dampened, but still have a treble-spike (which you seem to be affected) they might be okay though.

Also... any Grado will shred your ears.

I'd vote for the K242HD
or the T50rp (after some modding)

And while debatable due to people listening to Grados...

Quote:
I guess it's safe to assume that this isn't normal...

... it is quite a common problem for people sub 30+ years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back