Time to ditch the Sennheiser 598s
Jul 26, 2012 at 10:38 AM Post #31 of 35
Quote:

eugh... I should learn to read... 
frown.gif

edit:
Is this going to last or will my ears get used to it?
And will enduring it damage my ears over time?? 
blink.gif

It's probably because you've gotten used to the 598's treble, which is quite soft, so sometimes the treble can be harsh on the k550. I've personally gone through this since I have the 598 as well. But now I've gotten used to my new headphones' treble. Just give the headphones some time. I can't be sure about your ears though.

Jul 26, 2012 at 10:45 AM Post #32 of 35

I kinda love the K550s now so it would be a shame to have to get rid of them because of potential ear damage.

The look of these cans is sick :D they are sooo comfy and the bass (given I use an amp) is like...

It's hard to describe but...

Every drop in a drum & bass / dubstep song makes me clench my butt cheeks and curl my toes...

Then my eyes start to spaz out because my brain can no longer tell me eyes where to look since it's being smashed to bits by very angry bass monsters armed with hockey sticks...

yep, that pretty much sums it up :)

Jul 26, 2012 at 11:01 AM Post #33 of 35
Quote:
Is this going to last or will my ears get used to it?
And will enduring it damage my ears over time?? 
blink.gif

Probably both... 

you can't fix the resonance but you can tame the FR with equalizing... not ideal but you can try to improve SQ to a certain degree.

It's probably because you've gotten used to the 598's treble, which is quite soft, so sometimes the treble can be harsh on the k550. 

Soft compared to the K550 but among the more aggressive Sennheisers. (Only the HD800 and HD700 (the horror) have more treble energy)

Jul 26, 2012 at 11:43 AM Post #34 of 35
alright, thx for the info man!

I'll see if this problem persists when watching a movie.
Because I'm really starting to think that it's the pressure inside the cans.
It's like I'm in an airplane that is landing.
hm, that reminds me, I'll go get some candy :D

Jul 26, 2012 at 7:04 PM Post #35 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amputate /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Every drop in a drum & bass / dubstep song makes me clench my butt cheeks and curl my toes...
Then my eyes start to spaz out because my brain can no longer tell me eyes where to look since it's being smashed to bits by very angry bass monsters with armed hockey sticks...

yep, that pretty much sums it up :)

LOL!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back