Time to buy some new headphones, need suggestions.
Mar 1, 2011 at 1:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

mab1376

1000+ Head-Fier
For anyone who lives in the US you know its tax refund season, so I've got some cash to burn.

I'm looking for some new cans and I wanted to know what people though of my first picks.

Sennheiser HD650 and Ultrasone Pro900

I currently own a pair of HFI-780's and they treat me really well already. I've been doing some reading and i'm seeing how people are saying the HD650's have "slow bass" and the Ultrasone's have "fast bass" which may be better for electronic/industrial music that I listen to.

I'm open to suggestions and I've been researching some AKG's and Beyerdynamic's, so let me know what you think.

Mar 31, 2011 at 4:53 PM Post #2 of 5
bump

Mar 31, 2011 at 8:00 PM Post #3 of 5

AKGs aren't known for their bass, I'd toss that out the window.

For Electronic and Industrial I'd suggest a closed can for bass impact. So toss out the HD 650.

There's a big Ultrasone fan club on Head-Fi, and rightfully so. The Pro 900 is brilliant for Electronic music. You'd love them. EDIT: Plus it sounds like you enjoy the ultrasone sound already.

As for Beyerdynamic, I'd suggest the DT 770. Closed can, great Bass, super comfy.

Quote:
For anyone who lives in the US you know its tax refund season, so I've got some cash to burn.

I'm looking for some new cans and I wanted to know what people though of my first picks.

Sennheiser HD650 and Ultrasone Pro900

I currently own a pair of HFI-780's and they treat me really well already. I've been doing some reading and i'm seeing how people are saying the HD650's have "slow bass" and the Ultrasone's have "fast bass" which may be better for electronic/industrial music that I listen to.

I'm open to suggestions and I've been researching some AKG's and Beyerdynamic's, so let me know what you think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back