Time for a second try at good earphones!
Sep 23, 2011 at 3:16 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

fishymamba

Head-Fier
Hello guys! After buying Monster Turbines which died after 1 week of use I want something else and this time I have a bit more money. 

I have about $180 to spend, A little bit more maybe if the headphones look really good.
I don't really care about bass this time, because the monsters were kinda overpowering. 
I want something with a replaceable cord. If not I  want something very durable. That will last me a long time. 

So right now I am thinking of triple fi 10s but they are a little too expensive. Should I get some used ones? Do the drivers ever wear out?

Does anyone have a used pair that they can sell to me?

What other options do I have? Thanks!! 

Sep 23, 2011 at 3:21 AM Post #2 of 17
Something in that price range with a replaceable cable that might suit you is the EX600.  I'd recommend the GR07 personally, but it doesn't have a replaceable cable...though I haven't had any problems with it yet.

Sep 23, 2011 at 3:24 AM Post #3 of 17

Quote:
Something in that price range with a replaceable cable that might suit you is the EX600.  I'd recommend the GR07 personally, but it doesn't have a replaceable cable...though I haven't had any problems with it yet.

Thanks for that will check it out. I really want a replaceable cord headphone, I have tried many headphones overtime and the only ones that have lasted are the Philips She9550, these things are unbreakable! They have lasted me over 6 months! Everything else always dies on me.  

Sep 23, 2011 at 3:28 AM Post #4 of 17
Well, I've had my GR07s for...maybe 4 months now?  They haven't shown any signs of wear yet.

There aren't very many IEMs with replaceable cables in this price range though.  The EX600 would probably be your best bet if that was a really big deal for you.

Sep 23, 2011 at 3:43 AM Post #6 of 17

Quote:
What about something a little more money? Like $200-250 range?

Honestly, there still isn't much.  There really aren't many IEMs with replaceable cables - and honestly, having the cables removable usually just creates another point of failure.  As long as you're careful, most high-end IEMs tend to be pretty durable.

At any rate, I'd highly recommend browsing through this excellent thread if you want to know any more:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-195-iems-compared-fischer-audio-fa-788-skullcandy-smokin-added-9-17-11

Sep 24, 2011 at 6:11 PM Post #14 of 17
The EX600 are far better sounding IEMs than SE215 with replaceable cable and Etymotic HF5, DBA-02, PFE112(these all are very detailed yet not bass heavy) are very good sounding IEMs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back