Time for a new car, what would you choose?
Jul 14, 2007 at 2:32 AM Post #76 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by jim111 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have the 2006 330i, very similar to the 328xi that you're considering. I absolutely love it. And I drove many, many cars, including the Infiniti G35; nothing came close, in my opinion.

I did the 3 year lease, too, but I paid slightly more to get 12,000 miles/year.

uh..apparently you have never driven a 'xi' before. Not..good at all. 330i is a blast to drive btw.

Jul 14, 2007 at 5:29 AM Post #77 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by DocHamm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Land Rover. It's the "upscale" 4x4. Or a Jeep. The new Commander is very nice and you can get them loaded with features. Lastly would be a caddy 4x4. I don't know much about their rating, but I see many high sales real estate agents using those for customers. The 4x4's that still have road and creature comforts.

2 of the worst cars for reliability(commander and land rover) fyi...looks cool until it is at the dealership repeatedly...the caddy is a good pick

Jul 14, 2007 at 5:33 AM Post #78 of 94
i can't believe it but i agree with 1911. caddy is the way to go. USA, fun to drive, looks upscale, modern!

Jul 14, 2007 at 5:40 AM Post #79 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i can't believe it but i agree with 1911. caddy is the way to go. USA, fun to drive, looks upscale, modern!

shut up dingleberry boy...i was disgusted by your comments in the love doll thread..very disturbing..you are no longer allowed around my daughters

Jul 14, 2007 at 5:47 AM Post #80 of 94
Lancer EVO

Jul 14, 2007 at 6:22 AM Post #81 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by Joshatdot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lancer EVO

Right there in the very first post I put this "I want something a little nicer than a Subaru or an Evo and the likes."

Jul 14, 2007 at 1:12 PM Post #82 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by Joshatdot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lancer EVO

If my Real estate agent showed up in a WRX/Evo I would be gone before the car came to a stop......

"Yo yo yo, check out dis fly crib! Its got the mad HVAC!"
"Does it have 3 bedrooms? I do have kids."
"Funk dat schit,..... HVAC!"

Jul 14, 2007 at 8:25 PM Post #83 of 94
I've driven the new 3 series BMW and the C-Class Mercedes (rwd models though, no the awd) and I can easily say that the Mercedes is much more comfortable to drive than the 3. It might have something to do with the perforated leather or the driving position but its just a really nice car to drive compared to the 3.

Also, have you considered the Audi A4 2.0T? Its so torquey for a 4 cylinder engine that you wouldn't know it was turbocharged at all. Theres immediate power once you hit the throttle.

Jul 14, 2007 at 9:08 PM Post #84 of 94
theres also an atmospheric V6 3.0 240hp A4, which is quite nice,
merc is a bit for old folk, and BMW are a bit hard on you with extras,

personaly, i would go honda accord or toyota avensis, my dad´s 2 A4´s taught me that German cars are excelent when it comes to mechanics and your worst nightmare when it comes to electronics,

Jul 14, 2007 at 11:18 PM Post #85 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by AuroraProject /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Honestly I want an "upscale" look for image, I do a lot of business in big $$$ neighborhoods, and my current vehicle just looks out of place and doesn't portray the professional image I'm striving for. Occasionally I take clients to lunch as well, so something nice is what I'm going for.

That's a nice problem to have, the choice between Mercedes or BMW, maybe one day I'll be so lucky
smily_headphones1.gif
Based on what you are saying, I'd recommend the Mercedes. At least in D.C., it seems like about 70% of the people who have money to throw around, or want it to seem like they do, have a Mercedes. It's very much a status symbol. I would imagine the BMW would be more enjoyable to drive and cost a little less to maintain, but neither of those factors seem to be a concern in this case.

Jul 15, 2007 at 6:25 AM Post #87 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audio Addict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Have you looked at the new 2008 "C" class? I am holding out waiting to see the real version instead of pictures.

The new C class looks great. Unlike Mr Bangle's designs.

c_class_official.jpg

Jul 15, 2007 at 8:02 AM Post #89 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by Exit Pupil /img/forum/go_quote.gif
sorry, i thought there was...a different substance behind this purchase. no matter, 3 series and c class are not upscale big $ look unfortunately, if thats what you're after. they're used as taxis in many parts of the world.

Yeah and in the US we eat more steak in a sitting than some people eat meat in an entire year. Now that one african that has the cow for the year, hes the rich man.

Everythings relative buddy. Those may be taxis in Europe but here they are nice.

Jul 15, 2007 at 8:03 AM Post #90 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by XxATOLxX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The new C class looks great. Unlike Mr Bangle's designs.

c_class_official.jpg

ANYWAYS SO UGLY!!

The new 3 looks so slick. The redesigned Bangle style is perfect. Turns my head everytime. A mercedes is an overpriced piece of craps that pass of an engineering dep't cause they have three points on the hood.

The only thing good to have come out of them recently is Louis Hamilton.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back