Tidal Lossless Streaming
Nov 20, 2019 at 5:28 PM Post #4,336 of 5,203
“Google it” is being nasty? I said that because much has been written about the topic and googling it is probably the fastest way to get a compressive look at the issue.

It’s not nasty, just not particularly friendly. It’s a simple answer you with experience can provide. Why not help out the next guy? You never know when you too will have a good question.

Nov 20, 2019 at 5:33 PM Post #4,337 of 5,203
It’s not nasty, just not particularly friendly. It’s a simple answer you with experience can provide. Why not help out the next guy? You never know when you too will have a good question.

But it’s not particularly simple, and it has been explained perfectly well in what you’ll find by googling “MQA lossy.” Better than I could do. There’s a difference between saying “google it” and suggesting what to google (MQA lossy). You didn’t ask the question, but you seem disturbed by the simplest, fastest way to get a decent answer. I won’t be responding further to your incorrect assumptions or your odd interpretation of internet manners.

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2019 at 5:36 PM Post #4,338 of 5,203
But it’s not particularly simple, and it has been explained perfectly well in what you’ll find by googling “MQA lossy.” Better than I could do. There’s a difference between saying “google it” and suggesting what to google (MQA lossy). You didn’t ask the question, but you seem disturbed by simplest, fastest way to get a decent answer. I won’t be responding further to your incorrect assumptions or your odd interpretation of internet manners.

Clearly you have some Issues with being too quick to draw and taking everything literally.

Nov 21, 2019 at 9:51 AM Post #4,339 of 5,203
Be nice to others that are asking great questions that at one time you did not know the answer to.

Not just with “Google It” :wink:
Thank you. My thoughts exactly. I did Google it and tried to read a complicated description on wikipedia which I don’t understand.

i guess i am trying to work out if device storage is not an issue, which is better [Tidal’s MQA or Amazon Music HD - 24bit/96Khz, 192 KHz]?

Nov 25, 2019 at 11:50 AM Post #4,341 of 5,203
Tidal is offering $1.99/4 months for the HiFi tier, streaming war is heating up!

Nov 25, 2019 at 12:12 PM Post #4,344 of 5,203
Yeah. Here Tidal is cheap. We had a very low cost trial also and I subscribed. But Qobuz is not available here at all even though our neighboring countries have it. Every place is different...

Nov 25, 2019 at 12:14 PM Post #4,345 of 5,203
No way...I'm so jealous :D
Yeah, Tidal pricing varies widely around the world. In US$ what normally costs $19.99 a month in the U.S. is the equivalent of a little more than $8 in Brasil at the moment and about $15 in Canada. Those are the two markets I'm most familiar with. They wouldn't sell anything in Brasil at the U.S. price because average incomes are much lower.

Nov 25, 2019 at 12:22 PM Post #4,346 of 5,203
Yeah, Tidal pricing varies widely around the world. In US$ what normally costs $19.99 a month in the U.S. is the equivalent of a little more than $8 in Brasil at the moment and about $15 in Canada. Those are the two markets I'm most familiar with. They wouldn't sell anything in Brasil at the U.S. price because average incomes are much lower.
I couldn't afford $19.99 a month either...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back