Tidal Lossless Streaming
Oct 27, 2018 at 5:57 PM Post #3,946 of 5,203
Have anyone else experienced annoying stopping during the songs? Track just suddenly stops/mutes even if it still seems to be going on and continues from where it ended a moment later. Its extremely annoying, i like Tidal overall but random bugs like these just get on my nerves.

It happens. Not often. When I listen via the LMS (Squeezebox) plug-in it occasionally happens a few minutes after starting. I think it's a rebuffering issue. When I listen to the Tidal app (which is less often) it almost never happens.

When I listen to Tidal via the LMS plug-in AND the Google Chromecast Audio conversion plug-in - well, that's more like the dancing bear. It's a wonder that it works at all (and it mostly does).

Oct 27, 2018 at 10:23 PM Post #3,948 of 5,203
It happens. Not often. When I listen via the LMS (Squeezebox) plug-in it occasionally happens a few minutes after starting. I think it's a rebuffering issue. When I listen to the Tidal app (which is less often) it almost never happens.

When I listen to Tidal via the LMS plug-in AND the Google Chromecast Audio conversion plug-in - well, that's more like the dancing bear. It's a wonder that it works at all (and it mostly does).
This only happens to me from around 8:30 to 9:30 pm or so. I think this is just peak Internet hours. I never have a problem with Tidal at other times.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2018 at 10:28 PM Post #3,949 of 5,203
Not having any issues on the East Coast tonight (Saturday 10/27) from 6pm-10pm using Roon with Tidal. Just shuffling a library of random songs from 3000+ albums. Not a single pause or distraction presented all night.

Oct 28, 2018 at 1:51 AM Post #3,950 of 5,203
Have anyone else experienced annoying stopping during the songs? Track just suddenly stops/mutes even if it still seems to be going on and continues from where it ended a moment later. Its extremely annoying, i like Tidal overall but random bugs like these just get on my nerves.

I have not experienced this. But what does happen to me a lot is a Master will not start playing, the app just hangs. I have to either forward through the playlist or skip through the song or sometimes close and restart the app several times before a Master will play. I have not seen this with any song that is not a Master. It is really annoying!

What you are describing sounds like a bandwidth or buffering problem. Is your internet fast enough to the device(s) where you are using Tidal? Which timezone are you in and does it happen more at peak hours? Maybe Tidal does not have enough capacity.

Oct 28, 2018 at 5:24 AM Post #3,951 of 5,203
I have not experienced this. But what does happen to me a lot is a Master will not start playing, the app just hangs. I have to either forward through the playlist or skip through the song or sometimes close and restart the app several times before a Master will play. I have not seen this with any song that is not a Master. It is really annoying!

What you are describing sounds like a bandwidth or buffering problem. Is your internet fast enough to the device(s) where you are using Tidal? Which timezone are you in and does it happen more at peak hours? Maybe Tidal does not have enough capacity.

I use Tidal on my pc and my phone, i dont think that the connection is the problem. Its not caused by peak hours either because it happens pretty much all the time (i have experienced this for a few days now). Sometimes im able to listen almost a whole album (or song) without problems but then it strikes again. I reinstalled the app, rebooted the modem, restored system... none of them helped. If this is not going to stop in following days i think i have to switch to something else, im getting really annoyed.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2018 at 5:48 PM Post #3,952 of 5,203
are you using tidal on the phone over wifi or cellular?

Oct 28, 2018 at 6:15 PM Post #3,953 of 5,203
Oct 29, 2018 at 10:04 PM Post #3,954 of 5,203
Oh sorry, i forget to mention that im experiencing this only on pc.

Using Audirvana pretty much solves the problem for me since I can see how much of the track loads. I experience the gaps in play only when the track doesn't load completely. If it doesn't I cancel it and load it again. If it loads all the way, then I know it will play smoothly.

Oct 30, 2018 at 1:47 AM Post #3,955 of 5,203
Using Audirvana pretty much solves the problem for me since I can see how much of the track loads. I experience the gaps in play only when the track doesn't load completely. If it doesn't I cancel it and load it again. If it loads all the way, then I know it will play smoothly.
The A+ Tidal app has very few glitches for me also. Maybe once or twice a month I have the partial load problem you describe, and I'm listening to at least a couple albums a night.

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2018 at 12:01 PM Post #3,956 of 5,203
Has anyone else had this problem: as of around 10 days now, Tidal updates to 2.2.1 or now 2.2.2, but then won't work. After the update I can't log into my account and use the app. I can revert to an earlier app version. But since there's no way to disable the auto-updates, if I log out or reboot my computer, I need to reinstall Tidal. I did contact Tidal support, they did get back to me, but only ask for more information and suggest a simple app reset that didn't solve the problem. This is a PC with Win 7.

Nov 11, 2018 at 12:59 AM Post #3,957 of 5,203
After using Tidal for a month, I'm not unable to go back to apple music or GPM though I'm not able to get through A/B test. may be a placebo effect

But the problem is, I'm in India and I pay hefty amount for Tidal (20 eur per month) when compared to 1.5 eur for Apple Music (As Apple Music is available in India)

Nov 11, 2018 at 6:31 AM Post #3,958 of 5,203
After using Tidal for a month, I'm not unable to go back to apple music or GPM though I'm not able to get through A/B test. may be a placebo effect

But the problem is, I'm in India and I pay hefty amount for Tidal (20 eur per month) when compared to 1.5 eur for Apple Music (As Apple Music is available in India)
If at all possible, try to purchase Tidal in a cheaper country. I know this is difficult because of credit card issues. However, you can realize significant savings. For example, in Brasil I pay about one-third of what Americans pay for Tidal HiFi, when compared in $US. Tidal has different prices for different countries and regions of the world.

Nov 11, 2018 at 12:55 PM Post #3,959 of 5,203
It's funny to see Tidal described as expensive when one is aware of the $ spent in this hobby on headphones, amps, Dacs, cables, downloads, CDs, etc.

For me, at $20 monthly for thousands of Redbook albums to be one click away, it's a staggering bargain!

Nov 11, 2018 at 1:30 PM Post #3,960 of 5,203
I guess that's a rent-value vs own-value debate.

But even regardless of that, if you break down the cost of your hardware to monthly prices, I bet you'll find $20/mo to be significant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back