Tidal Lossless Streaming
Nov 16, 2015 at 10:30 AM Post #1,681 of 5,205

Tidal streaming has been sporadic at best for me as well (I'm in Singapore).

Couple of local users reporting drop outs and stuttering / no data loading etc too (it' been about 2-3 days).

With reports of top execs jumping ship i'm starting to worry. 

That is certainly worrying, how reliable is the source of that news?

Nov 16, 2015 at 10:44 AM Post #1,682 of 5,205
Forget about my last post, I just googled it.

Nov 16, 2015 at 3:40 PM Post #1,684 of 5,205
Last night I experienced Some brief stuttering plus some buffering type issue.

When I changed tracks mid-tune, there was no response from Tidal, the song would just continue for up to perhaps a minute longer before switching to the new track. Very irritating unless listening to an entire album.

Nov 16, 2015 at 11:20 PM Post #1,685 of 5,205
FWIW, I haven't had issues with Tidal after they updated the player. On the old player the songs would randomly start playing at a higher speed and I had a lot of streming problems, so I canceled the subscription for a while back then. The search function is a bit hit or miss even now, but I can easily live with it.

Nov 17, 2015 at 12:38 AM Post #1,686 of 5,205
  Hope it is a localized issue and Tidal will sort out the dropouts and no data loading situation.  Yes, it started a few days ago.
I tested connecting through a VPN link to the US and it seems to eliminate the dropouts.
Keeping fingers crossed it is a temporary situation in Asia.

Glad to report that Tidal streaming seem to have improved significantly today.  No lengthy buffering/data loading situation, and back to its usual performance I had been used to.
Hope it continues this way again!

Nov 17, 2015 at 1:44 AM Post #1,687 of 5,205
Seems to be back to normal for me as well.

*fingers crossed* 

Nov 18, 2015 at 9:53 AM Post #1,689 of 5,205
Tell us what you learned?

Well, after acquiring Tidal, Jay-Z replaced the former CEO for a new one.
More recently some upper echelon staff went, one co-joined a new consultancy firm,
others were sacked in order to keep the overhead down.
Just the regular US company moves, in my humble opinion.
But than again I am certainly not an avid reader of the Wall Street Journal,
and would like to keep it like that.

atsmile.gif

Nov 18, 2015 at 10:26 PM Post #1,690 of 5,205
Last 4-5 days the buffering problem has plagued me to a large degree. So much that I have avoided Tidal altogether.

Sent through my cancellation of service, I think I have 1 or 2 days left. Going to Apple Music because of stability.

Sad situation.

Nov 19, 2015 at 2:24 AM Post #1,692 of 5,205
Last 4-5 days the buffering problem has plagued me to a large degree. So much that I have avoided Tidal altogether.

Sent through my cancellation of service, I think I have 1 or 2 days left. Going to Apple Music because of stability.

Sad situation.

In the very early days of Tidal in the US, I had some buffering problems but, since then, Tidal has been great, day or night. I live in PA (perhaps the issue is with the internet provider).

Nov 19, 2015 at 2:54 AM Post #1,693 of 5,205
  Seems to be back to normal for me as well.

*fingers crossed* 

Unfortunately still not back to normal in Hong Kong, contrary to what I hoped.
Still had buffering problems today, less, but enough to make Tidal streaming not usable.
I tried connecting through a VPN to the US, and it seemed to improve significantly.  So for now, this is the best way for me to use Tidal.

Nov 19, 2015 at 4:12 AM Post #1,694 of 5,205
In the very early days of Tidal in the US, I had some buffering problems but, since then, Tidal has been great, day or night. I live in PA (perhaps the issue is with the internet provider).

We consistently average >75 Mbps here from Xfinity, I don't see it being an ISP problem. Strange as heck though, just a couple states away, the problem doesn't exist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back