Tidal Lossless Streaming
Feb 5, 2015 at 2:35 AM Post #361 of 5,210
Are there regional restrictions on Tidal? For example I can find Metallica's albums, but all the songs are greyed out and can't play them.

Feb 5, 2015 at 5:34 AM Post #362 of 5,210
Are there regional restrictions on Tidal? For example I can find Metallica's albums, but all the songs are greyed out and can't play them.

I think we have just found them. That 1977 remaster album isn't on Spotify either. It is only in Tidal and I live in Finland. I am wondering if the "european" playlist is the same as the UK version then. 

Feb 5, 2015 at 5:48 AM Post #363 of 5,210

In the U.S., this album is not available on Tidal HiFi, so far as I can tell - I've searched every way I can imagine...

0003919051_350.jpg

That isn't fair :frowning2:. From my point of view of marketing it should available in the U.S and not only in the EU. Jay-Z needs to fix this :p.

Feb 5, 2015 at 4:07 PM Post #366 of 5,210
I'm torn between Tidal and Qobuz, does the Tidal desktop app allow Wasapi exclusive mode (can't try myself as I've already spent the trial)?

I'm enjoying Qobuz but I miss how Tidal lets you discover new music.

Feb 5, 2015 at 5:02 PM Post #367 of 5,210
I noticed more and more Artists Albums are greyed out in the US, Tidal says its not allowed to be streamed.  I doubt it will be fixed in the near term, until they pay the Artists for the rights.  Every night is the same for me no HiFi due to Tidal experiencing band with problems.  Time to cancel for a while to see what happens in time.  I will stick to my library 124 Gig of ripped CD's and Sirius in the car.

Feb 5, 2015 at 5:21 PM Post #369 of 5,210

You can choose an output sound device in the Tidal client...I'm using JRiver WDM driver for example.

So the only way to bypass windows mixer is paying 50$ for Jriver?

EDIT: purchased a month worth of Tidal, I'll use Jriver trial.

Sent them an email asking for DPI scaling, the desktop app has no customization whatsoever.

Feb 9, 2015 at 6:04 AM Post #371 of 5,210
  So the only way to bypass windows mixer is paying 50$ for Jriver?

EDIT: purchased a month worth of Tidal, I'll use Jriver trial.

Sent them an email asking for DPI scaling, the desktop app has no customization whatsoever.

Hello,

Thank you for contacting TIDAL customer support.

WASAPI and ASIO are features that our product development team is currently investigating on supporting in the future. With regards to the desktop application looking grainy on hi-res displays, we are aware of this issue, and when the desktop application is updated, it will support hi-res displays. In the meantime you can use the web player via Google Chrome, which does support hi-res displays.

So far really happy with it, especially for how it leads you to explore new music.

Feb 9, 2015 at 12:14 PM Post #372 of 5,210
FYI, I've been playing around a bit today and it's looking like the glitches I've been experiencing with Tidal audio are down to the JRiver WDM driver.  Take that out of the equation and I'm getting smooth playback.

Feb 9, 2015 at 3:19 PM Post #373 of 5,210
FYI, I've been playing around a bit today and it's looking like the glitches I've been experiencing with Tidal audio are down to the JRiver WDM driver.  Take that out of the equation and I'm getting smooth playback.

I tend to use tidal via my squeezebox touch, never experienced any glitches in the past 2 months .

Feb 9, 2015 at 9:04 PM Post #375 of 5,210
One thing I experience in my iphone, is that it take a long time to download an album at HIFI rate via WIFI.   How long does it normally take to download one album.   Just want to double check, just in case is an issue with my phone or connection.  Once i download the album it works nice, just little annoying the whole downloading process. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back