Tidal Lossless Streaming
Nov 23, 2016 at 11:38 PM Post #2,956 of 5,210
  This is really weird. Maybe it is region-related. Issues with dutch-global network ? Or the artist being country restricted.
thanks for checking out though. Hopefully Tidal support answers soonish.

After 2 messages on Twitter, 2 bug-reports on their main page (all of them received no response) they released yesterday a update which fixed the issue.

Nov 25, 2016 at 7:19 AM Post #2,958 of 5,210
Have a big problem with shuffle playlists, basically: it won't shuffle them on the wINDOWs App. Many if not most playlists I have are hundreds if noit thousands of songs, however Tidal will only shuffle the first hundred in the list, it simply doens't recognise the other songs in there. If you manaully scroll down many songs to the bottom it realises they're in your playlist too, but this takes a long time due to th clunky way it loads playlists.

Nov 25, 2016 at 7:45 AM Post #2,959 of 5,210
Obviously we all get tidal for the HIFI but as an piece of software it's actually also very good at times, more intuitive, quicker, and nicer to use than Spotify. I like the the clear layout and easy access to side bar artists playlist albums etc. I also appreciate things like the spinning playing page (maximised), just a nice touch.

But in other ways there are just clear bugs that I cannot work out why on earth no one is fixing, are they not employing any programmers? Like the playlist and shuffle issues and the duplicates. Also the bizarre idea to only feature "black urban" music. It's so narrow minded when nearly all of you HIFI subscribers are not interested in Rihanna and Beyonce and Jay Z 24/7. It's like they've got this incredible product that so many people want and they don't even realise it. They seem to be aiming everything at a very narrow demographic, which isn't the demographic that is interested in their HIFI product. Anyway this is a minor issue in a way as you can just ignore all the crap. It would just be nice to see a wider range of GOOD music showcased.

Nov 26, 2016 at 4:40 AM Post #2,961 of 5,210
hello to all,

i'm using an earmax pro tube amp small system at present. the earmax pro excels at jazz, vocals, classical etc but i feel i need something different for rnb, reggae, electronic, dance etc. i'm thinking along the lines of a sennheiser amp/dac with h800s. i'm unsure however whether or not i should be aiming for a system that is mqa ready considering that tidal has a high chance of introducing master streaming soon. is this something you would all take into account and plan for or should i just be concerned about the  sound quality of a system regardless of mqa or not? many thanks.

I'm surprised that your quest for the genres you mention has led you to the system you suggest. While it is indeed a superb system I wouldn't call it visceral.
The best bass on a headphone that I have heard was a Denon 7000. TBH I am not sure if the 7000 is still available. I would be looking for something of that ilk though. :)

Nov 26, 2016 at 12:01 PM Post #2,962 of 5,210
  I just cheated on Spotify with Tidal and I'm not going back.

Me neither.  Their Spotify Connect "feature" pushed me over the edge.......... when listening in my car, random people could take over my session and I could take over theirs.  After stereo wars on the Parkway with some guy named Edgar (he kept playing Drake so I put on The Backstreet Boys), I realized that my safety was being endangered and cancelled my paid subscription.  There are pages and pages of posts on their Community forums with people complaining about Spotify Connect, yet they refuse to make it an option.  I wish all the people complaining about it would take their $ elsewhere, because apparently Spotify doesn't care.

Nov 29, 2016 at 12:01 AM Post #2,963 of 5,210
. Also the bizarre idea to only feature "black urban" music. It's so narrow minded when nearly all of you HIFI subscribers are not interested in Rihanna and Beyonce and Jay Z 24/7. It's like they've got this incredible product that so many people want and they don't even realise it. They seem to be aiming everything at a very narrow demographic, which isn't the demographic that is interested in their HIFI product. Anyway this is a minor issue in a way as you can just ignore all the crap. It would just be nice to see a wider range of GOOD music showcased.

The performers you mention are huge and current best selling artists, so it's in no way a "very narrow demographic."  I'm happy to see a home page that isn't primarily focused on terrible white pop and country and oldies.  Tastes vary, and Tidal and other services have a huge range of musics, and that's why the home page of any service shouldn't much matter, to us who immediately search for what we're looking for.

Nov 29, 2016 at 4:27 AM Post #2,964 of 5,210
newbie question,

very simply if i had a DAP with wifi built in and i had arranged a collection of tidal offline at home on my imac;;if i was out and about in a non wifi area with my DAP, can i log into tidal to access my offline list. assuming i was not logged in beforehand. so if i was on a plane or train for eg with no wifi present and want access to my offline songs.i have read before to do the initial log in there must wifi or am i wrong.

many thanks.

Nov 29, 2016 at 11:54 AM Post #2,965 of 5,210
  newbie question,

very simply if i had a DAP with wifi built in and i had arranged a collection of tidal offline at home on my imac;;if i was out and about in a non wifi area with my DAP, can i log into tidal to access my offline list. assuming i was not logged in beforehand. so if i was on a plane or train for eg with no wifi present and want access to my offline songs.i have read before to do the initial log in there must wifi or am i wrong.

many thanks.

Yes, you need to download the songs onto your DAP first before you can listen to them ofline

Nov 29, 2016 at 1:38 PM Post #2,966 of 5,210
What i mean to say if im on a plane and not logged into tidal with my dap. do i need to wifi to do that initial log in so i can then access my offline songs? some folk on spotify have said in order to access offline content you need to log in first and to do that you need internet??ie wifi.  is that true for spotify and tidal offline or can i access tidal offline if im not logged in and there is no wifi? assuming here i haven't left tidal app continuously logged in.

Nov 29, 2016 at 2:33 PM Post #2,967 of 5,210
What i mean to say if im on a plane and not logged into tidal with my dap. do i need to wifi to do that initial log in so i can then access my offline songs? some folk on spotify have said in order to access offline content you need to log in first and to do that you need internet??ie wifi.  is that true for spotify and tidal offline or can i access tidal offline if im not logged in and there is no wifi? assuming here i haven't left tidal app continuously logged in.

You don't need wifi or any internet connection to play offline content but you can play downloaded stuff only trough tidal app.

Trimis de pe al meu SM-N9005 folosind Tapatalk

Nov 30, 2016 at 1:21 AM Post #2,968 of 5,210

You need to be logged in. Just don't log yourself out of your DAP lol. Easy.

Dec 1, 2016 at 5:14 PM Post #2,969 of 5,210

I've had the problem that I think you're referring to - I've gone to listen to my Tidal offline music when I've been out of signal on a train, only to be asked to log in - which I can't do because there's no signal.  From memory, I think the problem might have been caused by the train wi fi - you get a connection, but only to register and pay for it - but your phone thinks you've got a wi fi connection.  Only got a rather vague memory of this now but certainly recall a couple of very frustrating train journeys.  Can't recall now if switching wi fi off solved the problem.

Dec 2, 2016 at 9:53 AM Post #2,970 of 5,210
I'm having a bizarre technical issue with Tidal today. About 1 in 4 songs seems to be glitching intermittently. I've all but ruled out my equipment by playing the same songs over in Spotify without issue. Is anyone else having playback issues?

[Edit: I ended up having the issue in Spotify, too, and found it to be a USB issue with my Schiit Jotunheim. You may now continue your previously scheduled Tidal programming. :) ]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back