Tidal Lossless Streaming
Feb 5, 2016 at 12:58 AM Post #2,117 of 5,203
  This is really interesting. So doesn't that mean that the desktop app now removes the need for all those third party applications? I mean if it's doing bit-perfect streaming, there's literally no way to "improve" it further.

I will still use JRiver for local content which of course eliminates wireless issues, but I don't think that is what you meant. But yes, unless there was a problem, WASPI should be doing the bitperfect so no way to get it any better. If people like using DSP that might be the only reason for another application to be used in conjunction.

Feb 5, 2016 at 1:16 AM Post #2,118 of 5,203
  This is really interesting. So doesn't that mean that the desktop app now removes the need for all those third party applications? I mean if it's doing bit-perfect streaming, there's literally no way to "improve" it further.

Like ASIO Bridge and ASIO4ALL?

Feb 5, 2016 at 1:25 AM Post #2,120 of 5,203
  I have the Exclusive option on my Mac.  Will see if I notice a difference.

Found it.

Didn't know where I should be looking for it before but after you mentioned you have it too, did a little digging aaaaand there it was, under my mouse curser in the sound output settings.

Thanks guys! 
beerchug.gif

Feb 5, 2016 at 7:22 AM Post #2,122 of 5,203
Still getting tons of 'server error' messages.

But I will say it sounds great now after the latest update.

Feb 5, 2016 at 10:17 AM Post #2,123 of 5,203
Do the Cowon players play Tidal?

Hard to say, some of them seem to have Android, but they never say what version of Android and it depends on how they customized Android whether or not Tidal or Spotify get in. I'm sure if they don't currently, and they can support Tidal and other such apps they will. Basically the game has been changed and there will be no going back now. The masses have spoken, and they said loud and clear we stream!!

Feb 5, 2016 at 12:01 PM Post #2,125 of 5,203

Ipod Touch also for Apple fan boys:)

Didn't think about that, kind of cool I guess. My girlfriend has an older touch so I'll see about getting it set up for her.

Feb 5, 2016 at 1:34 PM Post #2,126 of 5,203
d they can support Tidal and other such apps they will. Basically the game has been changed and there will be no going back now. The masses have spoken, and they said loud and clear we stream!!

Dap manufacturers seem very slow to cater for this.

Feb 5, 2016 at 1:44 PM Post #2,127 of 5,203
Dap manufacturers seem very slow to cater for this.

I think it is actually more difficult than we think. Once the software is compiled and written for the hardware it isn't always simple to add things in, depending on what they did to the OS. So if they really stripped down Android and built their DAP on a minimal function Android build, suddenly having to go in and enable Android features they originally left out may be complicated. I think moving forward all new DAPs are going to do a much better job supporting major streaming services from from the start. Not doing so will make no sense.

Feb 5, 2016 at 1:48 PM Post #2,128 of 5,203
  I think it is actually more difficult than we think. Once the software is compiled and written for the hardware it isn't always simple to add things in, depending on what they did to the OS. So if they really stripped down Android and built their DAP on a minimal function Android build, suddenly having to go in and enable Android features they originally left out may be complicated. I think moving forward all new DAPs are going to do a much better job supporting major streaming services from from the start. Not doing so will make no sense.

+1

Feb 5, 2016 at 2:32 PM Post #2,129 of 5,203
Has anybody here tried Tidal with a Chromecast Audio? I can get it to work with Chrome and enabling the extension, and Tidal streams fine, but it constantly gets dropouts. I'm trying to figure out what is causing the dropouts? When I had a Sonos Play 1 here a few weeks ago my WiFi was perfect and I had no issues at all including using Tidal through the Sonos Android app. I was trying Tidal on a laptop through the Chrome browser when the dropouts were occurring. Any ideas?

Feb 5, 2016 at 2:32 PM Post #2,130 of 5,203

Users who are viewing this thread

Back