Tidal Lossless Streaming
Nov 26, 2014 at 4:37 PM Post #167 of 5,210
I do not have connection problems but to find an artist is a real pain. I assume they will fix the interface

They all seem to have this "no typos will be excused" problem. Get a letter wrong and they just can't find the artist at all. I've also had times where of the whopping THREE "similar artists" listed, one of them is the SAME ARTIST.

Tidal's got awesome sound but as it stands it really feels like it's only good for people who already know what they want to listen to.

Nov 28, 2014 at 5:00 PM Post #172 of 5,210
Dec 1, 2014 at 1:08 PM Post #173 of 5,210
I'll be pleasantly surprised if I can actually hear a difference between these tracks and the 320kbps, but I'm excited to get home and give it a shot.  Is it correct that there is an option to download the tracks to your phone or computer for offline listening?  (Through their software only, of course.)

Dec 1, 2014 at 2:11 PM Post #174 of 5,210
  I'll be pleasantly surprised if I can actually hear a difference between these tracks and the 320kbps, but I'm excited to get home and give it a shot.  Is it correct that there is an option to download the tracks to your phone or computer for offline listening?  (Through their software only, of course.)

There is, although I have not yet tried it...

Dec 1, 2014 at 3:15 PM Post #175 of 5,210

Yes, it works very well (similar to the way Spotify does it also).

Dec 1, 2014 at 11:51 PM Post #176 of 5,210
Hi!

I started my Tidal trial yesterday afternoon and was very impressed with the sound quality while tearing my hair out over the interface of both the Windows app and the iOS app - but it's got me jumping through the right hoops now - to enable it to function.

But then I get home from work tonight, and despite speed test results showing that I can download 19.67 to 20.4 Mbps on three different devices (Windows 7 laptop, iPad 3, and iPad Mini), none of those three Tidal apps can stream anything tonight without a drop out every three to ten seconds!  Even the downloading of tracks for offline playback is excruciatingly slow on all three devices tonight.  Netflix, 1080p Youtube videos, Spotify, everything else streams just fine. I can even get speedtest measurements of 18 Mbps or better WHILE downloading tracks from Tidal or WHILE trying to stream tracks.  My devices and my network have plenty of bandwidth.  Either Tidal's servers are overwhelmed this evening, or my ISP is throttling their bandwidth.  Verizon did this intentionally when Netflix became too large a portion of what Verizon's customers were downloading...  Wherever the problem resides, it's not in my network.

Losing interest rapidly...

Mike

Dec 2, 2014 at 12:59 AM Post #179 of 5,210
Hey Sam!

Actually, having given up a couple of hours ago, i just now tried, and it's back to working fine on two of three devices (I haven't tried the third - I'm sure it's fine, though.) No changes were made, here.

We'll see if a trend develops... (Drop outs during peak listening hours?)

Mike

Looks to be hit and miss judging from the varied posts, including yours, Mike. I value your opinion. Please let me know what you think of SQ once you've had some time with the service.

Best of luck.

Sam

Dec 2, 2014 at 5:15 AM Post #180 of 5,210
Hey Sam!

Actually, having given up a couple of hours ago, i just now tried, and it's back to working fine on two of three devices (I haven't tried the third - I'm sure it's fine, though.) No changes were made, here.

We'll see if a trend develops... (Drop outs during peak listening hours?)

Mike

If it's the servers, they could be victims of their own success.  I hope they get it sorted out soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back