Three Stones MiniBox-E+ - Review of a Humble Sleeper (LOTS of PICs)
Jul 8, 2009 at 12:20 PM Post #316 of 384
Quote:

Originally Posted by magzcampos /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i was wondering why has the minibox jumped from 150 usd to 220?

The $150 was a price when the prowess of the MB-E+ was unknown to the general masses. The hike to $220 is still considered reasonable because I'd pay $600 for an MB-E+ (because IMO with the right opamps the MB-E+ does compare fairly strong against certain $600 amps)
wink.gif

Jul 8, 2009 at 1:14 PM Post #317 of 384
Is the MB-E+ able to drive the Denon D5000 to their full potential? Anyone tried? Thanks

Jul 15, 2009 at 2:42 AM Post #318 of 384
I'm very bad luck. Just bought it.
After charged about 2 hours, the adapter is broke and battery still did not have any power.

Any suggestion? How to contact Fang?

Jul 15, 2009 at 3:21 PM Post #319 of 384
Got email from fang. Very good support.

I got a new replacement.

Jul 27, 2009 at 9:28 AM Post #320 of 384
Have anyone combo'ed the minibox-e with an JH13 Pro how does it sounds like?

Jul 29, 2009 at 12:05 PM Post #324 of 384
Quote:

Originally Posted by Beef_Curry /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Got email from fang. Very good support.

I got a new replacement.

How does the D5000 sound driven by the minibox-e+? I am thinking about buying the Denon but information regarding this combo is scarce.. thanks
normal_smile .gif

Aug 9, 2009 at 11:09 PM Post #325 of 384
So which opamp will tighten up the bass a little and give it some more high end?Compared to the the stock opamp.As of now my ALO Mini^3 sounds better.It has better highs and the bass is tighter.But the Minibox E+ has a little more quantity in bass.And i'd say almost even with the mids.With a slight edge to the ALO.Keep in mind the ALO Mini^3 has the AD8397 for both channels.Any suggestions?Update! After close A and B listening with the Minibox E+ bass boost off.They have very similar sound quality.But he ALO may still sound a little cleaner or clear.But still very close.Oh and the battery life of the Minibox has been insanely excellent!Since i got it 5 or 6 days ago it's still going strong.Mind you i haven't had long listening sessions.But i would still like to upgrade the Minibox's opamp.The LME49710 sounds interesting.Anyone who has used this opamp care to comment on its sound quality?

Aug 10, 2009 at 12:01 PM Post #326 of 384
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nirvana1000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The LME49710 sounds interesting.Anyone who has used this opamp care to comment on its sound quality?

The LME is better than the stock AD, in my opinion, especially for IEMs and other low-impedance gear. We've discussed it here in this thread a few pages ago, you might click back a bit... besides less hiss and background noise the LME somehow sounds fuller, more refined. I can't put my finger on it, and I hate sounding like a silly "audiophile", but the LME clearly gives a change to the better.

EDIT: Here's the link: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f105/t...ml#post5737775

Aug 11, 2009 at 4:16 AM Post #327 of 384
Quote:

Originally Posted by dfkt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The LME is better than the stock AD, in my opinion, especially for IEMs and other low-impedance gear. We've discussed it here in this thread a few pages ago, you might click back a bit... besides less hiss and background noise the LME somehow sounds fuller, more refined. I can't put my finger on it, and I hate sounding like a silly "audiophile", but the LME clearly gives a change to the better.

EDIT: Here's the link: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f105/t...ml#post5737775

Yes.I read that page.The only description of the sound quality came from you."less hiss with low impedance/high sensitivity phones, less insane click/pop at turning on, and somewhat "richer, fuller, more tube-y" sound"I simply want an opamp which tightens up the bass a little and especially gives a better high end.Oh and i will likely be using fullsize cans most of the time.

Aug 15, 2009 at 10:11 PM Post #330 of 384
Just ordered myself a couple LME49710's from Digikey. I'm brand new to opamp rolling. Where can I get a few gold-plated 8 pin DIP sockets within the US? Searched eBay...all of the sellers who are selling 10 or less sockets are overseas, and I don't want to wait that long for shipping. Apologies if this has been covered already elsewhere on Head-Fi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back