Three New Amps on Preorder from Audio-GD (C-2 11th Anniversary Edition, NFB-1AMP, NFB-3AMP)
Aug 31, 2015 at 2:25 PM Post #331 of 785
  @Youth Here are a couple of email responses from Kingwa at Audio-GD on the same subject, Dac-19 as source, which amp; C2 or NFB-1 Amp, and connection of NFB-1 Amp to Dac-19 via ACSS to get balanced out from the NFB-1 Amp wit hthe Dac-19 as source:

"If your headphones all can had the balance connector, I am advice you get the NFB1AMP .
The NFB1AMP while had the balance drive the headphones, it can show all balance transmit advantage, lower distortion, lower noise, higher SLEW rate , these issue made the sound more neutral , less coloration.
The metal feet price is USD15. And 15 days leadtime.
If you don't want the sound more neutral, you want some coloration, warmer, the C2 with single ended output is better suite the taste."

"You can get the single ended ACSS cable connect to the NFB1AMP, had the balance output."

Thank you. This is what he told me as well, but I'm unsure if I have to do the changes described at the bottom of my link to make it warm, or if this is already done.

Aug 31, 2015 at 6:51 PM Post #334 of 785
So is Kingwa stating that the Dac-19 is effectively balanced when paired with the nfb1 amp via acss? Even though the dac19 is SE?

Having a hard time choosing between the audio GD stack above or a Mjolnir/gungnir stack. Decided to cancel my LC order.

Aug 31, 2015 at 8:17 PM Post #335 of 785
So is Kingwa stating that the Dac-19 is effectively balanced when paired with the nfb1 amp via acss? 

"Effectively balanced" is a term never used by Kingwa but has been used by some to denote that acss connection is better from RCA connection when feeding an Audio gd balanced amp. The acss connection advantages apply equally to SE only Audio gd amps according to Kingwa, but for some reason I have not yet seen any term containing the work "balanced" used in this case.
A  balanced version of Dac-19 would be both more expensive and (likely) better.

Aug 31, 2015 at 8:23 PM Post #336 of 785
Audio-GD balanced amps use a dual differential input that results in a balanced output whether the input is single ended, balanced or acss.  Schiit does the same thing with the Mjolnir.

Sep 3, 2015 at 10:25 AM Post #341 of 785
@Youth
 Here are a couple of email responses from Kingwa at Audio-GD on the same subject, Dac-19 as source, which amp; C2 or NFB-1 Amp, and connection of NFB-1 Amp to Dac-19 via ACSS to get balanced out from the NFB-1 Amp wit hthe Dac-19 as source:

"If your headphones all can had the balance connector, I am advice you get the NFB1AMP .
The NFB1AMP while had the balance drive the headphones, it can show all balance transmit advantage, lower distortion, lower noise, higher SLEW rate , these issue made the sound more neutral , less coloration.
The metal feet price is USD15. And 15 days leadtime.
If you don't want the sound more neutral, you want some coloration, warmer, the C2 with single ended output is better suite the taste."

"You can get the single ended ACSS cable connect to the NFB1AMP, had the balance output."

I just purchased a HD600 that included a balanced cable and was wondering if I should go with the C2 or NFB1Amp. I don't have a DAC and use my iMac as the source. Not sure if going balanced is the way to go without have a DAC ATM.

Sep 3, 2015 at 12:26 PM Post #342 of 785
I just purchased a HD600 that included a balanced cable and was wondering if I should go with the C2 or NFB1Amp. I don't have a DAC and use my iMac as the source. Not sure if going balanced is the way to go without have a DAC ATM.

My headphone "rig" are brand new so everthing are about to settle, but the bassreproduction are about to loose and it sounds like a high - end speakers.

The NFB-1 converts the signal from SE to balanced signal, the C2 are only slight warmer if you compare SE outputs in btw, but with Balanced you get better separation and noisefloor are lower, than the C2.

Sep 7, 2015 at 12:31 PM Post #344 of 785
  I cancelled my Liquid Carbon order (well, sent them a request to do so--I don't expect it to go through until Tuesday) and ordered the Audio-GD NFB-1AMP. It ought to pair well with my DI-2014 -> NOS-1704. At minimum, it's the same size box!

Nice choice, the NFB-1 sound better and got more dynamic reserve in the bass area, than my friends Sim Audio Moon 430 Neo that costs 4400 dollar against 700 dollar.

I did also cancel my carbon, it was no problem, Alex just returned my money to PayPal.

Sep 10, 2015 at 6:00 PM Post #345 of 785
Is anyone able to have a NFB-1/Liquid Carbon shootout anytime soon?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back