Thousand Sound TS842 Review & Appreciation ~ $500 hybrid custom IEM
Jun 5, 2011 at 12:02 PM Post #16 of 30
Can't believe I missed the finalized review until now. Great work Joe! 

Did Thousand Sound mention if they have any future plans for selling overseas? I hear that they are actually one of the more well known companies in China as compared to UM, but they don't seem interested in going international. 

Jun 5, 2011 at 7:08 PM Post #17 of 30
Yes, they are now selling international; you can click here to send them an email.  This was different as I did it in two parts vs. just one, and with few comments it was buried pretty quickly so I can see why it was missed.

Yes, from what I have read they have pioneered a few things in the world of customs and are very popular in China.

Aug 15, 2011 at 11:06 AM Post #19 of 30
No problem, I do enjoy reviewing great equipment!

It really depends on what you are looking for in your basshead custom IEM.  If you are looking for overall bass rumble with good speed and detail across the board, then yes.  There are others such as the Infinity X3 that offers a more spacious presentation, but it is lacking that bass rumble (everything at the price point is).  I would recommend a 75 ohm impedance adapter if you want a smoother sound, which is my preference, but I can listen without if I don't listen to certain other custom IEMs beforehand!

I will say the shell is the nicest I have ever seen and I do like them quite a bit!

Aug 19, 2011 at 12:01 PM Post #20 of 30
Nice work Joe.
To someone who has not taken the plunge into customs (like me) and occasionally considers doing so (like me), reviews like this are the bread and butter of  this site.
Your commitment to leaving "no stone unturned" keeps this site a valuable treasure trove of information. 
I personally thank you my friend.

Aug 20, 2011 at 1:57 AM Post #21 of 30
Thanks!  I do enjoy reviewing gear and like tasting the flavors.  From what I have heard, there are some that I would term better than others overall from a technical perspective, but it really depends on personal preference when selecting.  If you choose the best technical performer but don't care for the presentation, how much will you really enjoy it?

Anyways, thanks for reading my friend!

Dec 6, 2014 at 6:51 PM Post #30 of 30
Selling mine if anyone wants to re-shell to try them out!

http://www.head-fi.org/t/745353/fs-thousand-sound-ts842-hybrid-ciem

Users who are viewing this thread

Back