Thoughts on the Sony MDR-XB90EX?
Jan 1, 2014 at 5:56 PM Post #16 of 48
http://www.flipkart.com/sony-mdrxb90ex-bcin-in-the-ear-headphone/p/itmdrjdgchffuewh?pid=ACCDN4A6MDGSSKYQ&otracker=search&pageNum=1

This is where I bought em. Shipping within India only though. The price is actually $60.

If you are outside India, you get it at the same cost at AMAZON JAPAN,

Oh ok, Im from the US. Gonna see how I do it, thanks a lot for the info.

Jan 6, 2014 at 3:09 AM Post #17 of 48
loving mine, just arrived today.

If your a bass head then get the mh1c or xb90ex by Sony both are highly respected :blush:

I gave my mh1's to my gf ages ago, maybe I should give them another listen.

I thought these were a bit off at first, but don't think I had a good fit. now I have them fed from the E17 they're sweet. Lots of low, best I've heard but I normally don't spend so much. For a cheaper alternative I've had a lot of fun with the GR02BE. These are on another level without burn in.

As usual YMMV.

Jul 9, 2014 at 3:49 PM Post #23 of 48
I find the fit is very sensitive. I have almost No chance with a silicon tip. They either fall out or leak and if they are doing that, then they're vacuum sealing and become muted completely. I get driver flex as well with silicon tips. For me these require a very shallow fit with silicon tips.

With foam tips they fare a lot better fit wise, but seem to lose the bass. I will say though, when I get it right I do really really like these. Paired with a fiio e11, they really level up a ton!!

Jul 26, 2014 at 2:24 AM Post #24 of 48
Ive had these buds for a few months now. If you love bass, you need to get these. Im not a fan of silicon tips. the Ts 200 comply foam tips are really great. I find that the sound is really balanced. I use the buds with a ipod 5.5 that has a NX1 strapped to it. Highly suggest this set up.

Sep 23, 2014 at 6:49 PM Post #25 of 48
Does anyone know how the bass on these compare to the MDR-XB500? I know it's a little weird comparing headphones to in-ears but I feel, although it's tight and hard hitting, that the bass on the XB500 doesn't get down and low to the dirty depths of the sub bass as much as it accentuates the mid bass. I too, own a pair of the Thinksound TS02 and if the sub bass is just a bit more pronounced than those I will probably take a leap at the Sonys.

Sep 24, 2014 at 10:43 AM Post #26 of 48
  Does anyone know how the bass on these compare to the MDR-XB500? I know it's a little weird comparing headphones to in-ears but I feel, although it's tight and hard hitting, that the bass on the XB500 doesn't get down and low to the dirty depths of the sub bass as much as it accentuates the mid bass. I too, own a pair of the Thinksound TS02 and if the sub bass is just a bit more pronounced than those I will probably take a leap at the Sonys.

These buds have extremely low sub bass 4hz to 27khz. your ears stop hearing frequencies at 20hz but your can feel lower bass. I recently changed my amp from the Nx1 to the CC bh2. Reason being, the Nx1 is bottle necked at 20hz to 20khz. The cc is 10hz to 100khz. Even tho these buds only need 16ohm they really need an amp. I highly suggest you get foam tips with them. 

Sep 24, 2014 at 12:42 PM Post #29 of 48
Sorry let me correct that.. I'm looking for face melting rumbles, along with the punch.

I was going to say that these buds do have punch but they are more boomy than anything. I think it's exactly what you're looking for. Make sure you get that japanese version not the indian.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back