Thoughts on the Sony MDR-XB90EX?
Dec 6, 2012 at 2:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 48

radiohead14

Head-Fier
Apologies if I just missed them, but I did a search and came up empty. Someone local is selling these for $80 (seller says they are only a few weeks old), and I was hoping I could get your opinions on this IEM before making the commute to check them out. I heard that it has good sub bass (how good?), but does it retain mids and highs clarity? How is the soundstage and instrument separation? Are they comfortable/heavy to wear? I currently own a Thinksound TS02, and would also appreciate it if someone who has owned both could tell me the differences as well. Thanks!

Edit: Would also love thoughts on how these are compared to the XB60EX.

Edit: Went ahead and got them... I LOVE!

Dec 6, 2012 at 10:09 PM Post #3 of 48
i actually just went ahead and took the leap... no regrets! they are amazing! two things i was worried about: 1) bass overpowering the mids and highs 2) fit and comfort due to the disc... well i'm so happy to say that these have deep full sub-bass without much mid-bass bleed, mids that are smooth and just the right amount slightly behind the bass, and the highs are nice and clear with just the right amount of sparkle and no odd decay.

they are also surprisingly comfortable also. the fit is nice and snug without being heavy. i don't have to fiddle with them at all to get a good insertion and full sound. they rest nicely on my outer ear, and even when i had to run to catch the bus, i didn't need to readjust at all. quality is also top notch. i love the flat cord width, as it's not too wide at all.

compared to my Thinksound TS02.. i was actually surprised how they share a bit of sound signature... warm, nice touch of reverb, and deep bass. the XB90's have deeper bass of course, but the TS02's are just slightly behind. soundstage is wider with the XB90's. the mids are also a bit more forward with the TS02. the XB90's are like my TS02's on steroids! the XB90's are exactly what i was looking for!

Dec 29, 2013 at 9:50 AM Post #4 of 48
Dear OP, nice and short opinion. I am a basshead and i listen to a lot of movie and game soundtrack apart from viewing / playing them do you suggest i go ahead and buy? I am in doubt as a few ppl here have expressed bad experiences with a Chinese and japanese version confusion.

Dec 29, 2013 at 1:20 PM Post #10 of 48
Dear OP, nice and short opinion. I am a basshead and i listen to a lot of movie and game soundtrack apart from viewing / playing them do you suggest i go ahead and buy? I am in doubt as a few ppl here have expressed bad experiences with a Chinese and japanese version confusion.

hi, i'm not sure about the japanese chinese thing, as i don't have the case that came with it anymore, but from what i recall, mine is made in japan. either way, over a year now since i've owned them.. and my opinion on them still hasn't changed. they sound great, and i recommend them to friends and family who are looking for a fun, bassy, and lively sound. they are perfect for movies and games.

Jan 1, 2014 at 10:04 AM Post #15 of 48
http://www.flipkart.com/sony-mdrxb90ex-bcin-in-the-ear-headphone/p/itmdrjdgchffuewh?pid=ACCDN4A6MDGSSKYQ&otracker=search&pageNum=1

This is where I bought em. Shipping within India only though. The price is actually $60.

If you are outside India, you get it at the same cost at AMAZON JAPAN,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back