Thoughts on Sennheiser HD439?
Mar 21, 2013 at 7:53 PM Post #16 of 73
HD 449 o r 439?

Mar 21, 2013 at 8:24 PM Post #17 of 73
Quote:
You forgot to mention it sound warm.

If you meant me, I didn't find them too warm really.  They had a bit of high treble rolloff, which is what most people consider warm, but I still find them pretty neutral sounding.  I'm not saying they aren't at all "warm", but just that I try to avoid terms that aren't exactly defined.  Warm to one person might be different than warm to another.  Whereas, specifics on frequency and whatnot allow the viewer to gauge if it is what they consider warm or not.  Just my thoughts anyway. :)

Mar 21, 2013 at 8:31 PM Post #18 of 73
The 439s can give some pretty nice bass, my coworkers were impressed when they heard them using the Beats Audio equalizer on their phones, but I don't think of them as a real basshead can. The HD429 might be a better choice if you are really a basshead.
Quote:
I might buy them. Just wanted to know if they are worth it. And if using an equalizer on a bass heavy setting, will the bass be good enough for a bass head?
Pictures would be great
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 21, 2013 at 8:38 PM Post #19 of 73
Quote:
The 439s can give some pretty nice bass, my coworkers were impressed when they heard them using the Beats Audio equalizer on their phones, but I don't think of them as a real basshead can. The HD429 might be a better choice if you are really a basshead.

I find the bass is pretty good and flat, but the lower sub bass suffers the most.  You can eq decently enough, but stock sound is light on the sub bass and a little light on the low bass.

Mar 21, 2013 at 8:45 PM Post #20 of 73
Quote:

If you meant me, I didn't find them too warm really.  They had a bit of high treble rolloff, which is what most people consider warm, but I still find them pretty neutral sounding.  I'm not saying they aren't at all "warm", but just that I try to avoid terms that aren't exactly defined.  Warm to one person might be different than warm to another.  Whereas, specifics on frequency and whatnot allow the viewer to gauge if it is what they consider warm or not.  Just my thoughts anyway. :)

You might as well miss a bit of detail eh? Warm highs means sweet highs? warm mids = slight emphasis at the lower mids or for some, mid bass.

Edit: Rolled off highs means dark? I don't know, I could be wrong... Just seems weird lol.. :)

Mar 21, 2013 at 11:10 PM Post #22 of 73
You might as well miss a bit of detail eh? Warm highs means sweet highs? Just warm mids means slight emphasis at the lower mids or for some, mid bass. Lower volume than the others at the highs FR means dark? I don't know, I could be wrong... Just seems weird lol.. :)

Can you translate that into English? :wink: :p. really though, I didn't follow it completely. Ha

Mar 30, 2013 at 5:59 AM Post #23 of 73
Hi
I bought a 439's at last and have some little problem with bass....I read a lot of reviews in headfi or diffrent places and thus of my searching this problem proper with AMP or apple product(ipad.ipod or...)...!!!
I dont know it's realy or not?!?!

I have a sony walkman and when i use it I feeling something is not on own place....maybe for bass response or something else ...!!!!!
before i had bought 439,i have a pionner Se-mj31 ( that's awesome) but its broken and when i use it with that walkman the pionner's getting alive..! but on this headphone don't make strong bass or strong sound!! The 439 have pretty good sound quality but i listtenig to the electronic music and this genre of music want extended bass response!!!
what am i doing for make it the same of my little babe(pionner) "strong base response" ?!?!

Some forum wrote " it's okay after burn-in (~20hours) listening or play pink noise ( whats pink noise?!?! \

plz some body help me....i realy wnat getting out of this trouble!!!!

TNX

Mar 30, 2013 at 6:42 AM Post #24 of 73
You don't necessarily have to use pink noise to burn-in. Leave your headphones plugged into your player while running a bunch of bass heavy music on repeat for about a whole day, and have the volume be a bit louder than you'd listen to yourself. I hope this helps. :)

Mar 30, 2013 at 9:28 AM Post #25 of 73
Quote:
You don't necessarily have to use pink noise to burn-in. Leave your headphones plugged into your player while running a bunch of bass heavy music on repeat for about a whole day, and have the volume be a bit louder than you'd listen to yourself. I hope this helps.
smily_headphones1.gif

Agree! 

Mar 30, 2013 at 9:49 AM Post #26 of 73
Of course, don't have your head in the cans while you're doing that
biggrin.gif

Mar 30, 2013 at 10:31 AM Post #27 of 73
Mar 30, 2013 at 10:53 AM Post #28 of 73

Users who are viewing this thread

Back