1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why delta-sigma kinda sucks, just to get you to think about stuff)

Discussion in 'Dedicated Source Components' started by purrin, Dec 5, 2013.
First

Back
374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383
385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394
Next

Last
  1. agooh
    Hugo TT for my need is way better for the price it has the best dac around 5k$ and one of the purerst and cleanset amp you will ever heard, so l will rank it above Yggy .
    I still think that yggy get A+ you need a tube amp to make it sound better it's very good dac but and that's the break point for me : it didn't has the touch of magic like high end dac .

2. Insidious Meme

More expensive = better. Got it.

agooh likes this.
  3. zachchen1996

If the Hugo TT sounds anything like the regular Hugo, then the Hugo TT will be anything BUT good for the price!

Please take however much Chord paid you and go somewhere else to troll / shill, thanks!

4. aamefford
    I just thumbed through the last day's posts. Can I have my hour back please?

5. alreadyused
    Just be glad they didn't take your thumb along with your hour.

6. lukeap69
    ROTFL

7. purrin

Hugo TT is warmer more syrupy than Hugo. Unfortunately, TT is just as flat, dull and dead in terms of microdynamics as Hugo. Possibly even more dead. However TT does have a touch of euphony. Let's call it a euphonic deadness. Also TT still sounds digital in the treble - an unnatural sharpness and stridency. The warmth of TT tries to hide its digital sound, but I am not so easily fooled. Hugo TT reminds of of Invicta DAC, maybe a little bit better. Resolution of TT is good, on par with TT, but nothing special.

8. Insidious Meme
    euphonic deadness = zombie DAC

9. Currawong Contributor

If using the USB input directly from a computer I feel there is a tiny bit of this, but with the Wyrd all of that seems to have been removed. To me it doesn't sound digital in the treble at all. If it does, then something like the Geek Out is horrible in comparison.

10. purrin
    Well, it's not my problem Ethan or Jude didn't hook up a Wyrd into the TT / Liquid Gold combo at the Bay Area meet or Chord didn't attach a Schiit Wyrd to their TT at CanJam! :)

If you are going to help Chord showcase their stuff at best potential, be sure to show it off correctly with the best tweaks available. This includes the Chord reps.

11. zerodeefex

USB has never been Chord's strong suit. Having owned the Peach, QB76, and QuteHD AND demoed the Hugo extensively (was strongly considering purchase until I found the Geek Out SE > Triad L3 Lion combo), I can say pretty definitively that USB implementation is not their strong suit across all generations of their DACs. Good transports via the other connections far outpace the USB inputs.

12. purrin
    Maybe Chord should hire Jason and Moffat to do their USB for their DACs? I'm sure Wyrd and Schiit USB Gen 3 tech might actually make Chord DACs kinda, sorta, maybe a decent value?

zerodeefex likes this.
  13. zerodeefex
    I wish Schiit would make a USB gen 3 convertor. I'd buy one for my transdac

purrin and AustinValentine like this.
  14. jexby
    I'll take a Uptone Audio USB Regen over a Wyrd any day.
    and twice on Tuesday.

15. purrin
    Word has it that you should throw your TransDAC into the garbage and get a multi-bit Bifrost + Wyrd or Upscale Audio Regen

First

Back
374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383
385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394
Next

Last