Those who waiting Xin amp, post and get your date of arrival !
Mar 18, 2009 at 12:03 AM Post #3,738 of 3,962
Heh if I'd order an amp and had to wait for it 2 years, I'd probably convince myself it should sound better then sex by the time it arives
dt880smile.png

Mar 18, 2009 at 3:12 AM Post #3,739 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by tha_dude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did the shipping notice just show up one day or were you contacted in advance about which version you wanted?

wasnt contacted in advance, its the Final C version,the default right now

Mar 21, 2009 at 8:36 AM Post #3,740 of 3,962
I was thinking about sending in my Reference (I guess I have an "A" model) for an upgrade. Two questions:

1. In this thread were there elaborated differences between the B, C, and D models after the boards were a little more burned in (500+ hours)? I'm not sure which to go with. Seems like C unless I want either more battery life or more power.

2. If I do send in the amp for an upgrade, are the caps replaced? Will I have to burn in a new set?

Thanks for any informed opinion(s)

Mar 21, 2009 at 1:07 PM Post #3,741 of 3,962
I should think the larger question would be: how long am I going to be without an amp? And how many emails will I send with no responses whatsoever while waiting for said amp?? Sure you want to do this???

Mar 22, 2009 at 12:01 AM Post #3,742 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by tnmike1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I should think the larger question would be: how long am I going to be without an amp? And how many emails will I send with no responses whatsoever while waiting for said amp?? Sure you want to do this???

No, actually, I'm not sure. I have a backup amp but it doesn't sound nearly as good and I don't know if the time uncertainty in getting the Ref back is worth it. In an earlier post someone mentioned that upgrades get done pretty quickly, but of course "quickly" is relative.

Mar 22, 2009 at 7:03 AM Post #3,745 of 3,962
In January he replied to an email that my Super Micro IV would ship in about one month - I changed the order to a Super Mini IV after that with no response to two emails. I just figure it will be a nice surprise when it shows up, and might replace my iBasso T4. If a Super Micro shows up instead of the Super Mini, I'll end up selling it.

Mar 22, 2009 at 4:03 PM Post #3,746 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In January he replied to an email that my Super Micro IV would ship in about one month - I changed the order to a Super Mini IV after that with no response to two emails. I just figure it will be a nice surprise when it shows up, and might replace my iBasso T4. If a Super Micro shows up instead of the Super Mini, I'll end up selling it.

Larry i have a couple of questions, do you think it's a good idea for me to purchase a xin reference and pair it with my iriver via optical to d10 and then to the xin reference? The d10 will act as a dac and the xin as an amp. viable?

Mar 22, 2009 at 4:07 PM Post #3,747 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just got the new Mini. Some of the best bass I have ever heard from a portable. Such a tiny amp with solid authoritative bass.

John have you tried using the d10 as a dac via the xin amp?

Mar 22, 2009 at 5:33 PM Post #3,748 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by Surrealsky /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Larry i have a couple of questions, do you think it's a good idea for me to purchase a xin reference and pair it with my iriver via optical to d10 and then to the xin reference? The d10 will act as a dac and the xin as an amp. viable?

I would not bother with that myself - I would just use the D10 and if you need a different sound from the amp try some other opamps. I'd be perfectly happy with the stock D10 in that setup.

Mar 23, 2009 at 2:53 PM Post #3,749 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would not bother with that myself - I would just use the D10 and if you need a different sound from the amp try some other opamps. I'd be perfectly happy with the stock D10 in that setup.

ok thanks larry! saved my wallet
jecklinsmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back