Those who waiting Xin amp, post and get your date of arrival !
Feb 1, 2009 at 1:11 AM Post #3,647 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by nc8000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That anybody could find the time and spare the effort to do that shootout is just amazing. Imagine how much work has gone into that given the quality of the comparisons

Thanks, if referring to the thread I posted.

Feb 1, 2009 at 10:14 AM Post #3,648 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks, if referring to the thread I posted.

I did indeed and the amount of time in general you put into testing and reporting on all these amps. I find it imensly valuable.

Feb 1, 2009 at 7:58 PM Post #3,649 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here it is, however it has not been updated in a very long time. Heck I have owned tested at least 10 more portable amps since the last update.
redface.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f105/3...review-250223/

Thanks mate, nice1, appreciate it
wink_face.gif
Fantastic work thanks for your effort, think we all greatly appreciate it
biggrin.gif

Feb 1, 2009 at 10:54 PM Post #3,651 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by LingLing1337 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So, does anyone have an estimate on how long it would take for me to receive a Xin Supermicro IV if I ordered one this week?

41fl0n16j8L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Feb 1, 2009 at 11:02 PM Post #3,652 of 3,962
haha, fair cop!!

what an admin being flippant and not being helpful?
wink.gif

you are looking at at least a year and a half, most likely longer.

i am at 18months if thats any 'reference'

only other option, snag one when one comes up of the for sale forums once every blue moon!

Feb 1, 2009 at 11:23 PM Post #3,653 of 3,962
How dare you accuse me of ever being helpful!
evil_smiley.gif

I like especially like the flippant part.
wink_face.gif

In this case, unfortunately, I'm being accurate (except for the lucky few).

Feb 2, 2009 at 1:54 AM Post #3,654 of 3,962
Damn, that's too bad. Anything that comes close to the performance-->price ratio of the SuperMicro IV? I assume the Corda Headsix/XXS is next up on that scale?

Feb 2, 2009 at 9:55 AM Post #3,655 of 3,962
I can't decide what's best to do. I have ordered a Reference and he is very near to my order number but, with all these variations on the As and Bs and Cs and Ds being sent out to the privileged ones, I assume he's in development mode and not shipping. I'd quite like the dust to settle and see some opinions on these versions before I email him my choice. On the other hand I don't want him suddenly to ship to me the default choice. I think I want a B, but it's a bit early to be sure. Amazing that ofter 18 months of waiting I'm saying I want him to hold back and not ship just yet....

Feb 2, 2009 at 11:59 AM Post #3,656 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by LingLing1337 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Damn, that's too bad. Anything that comes close to the performance-->price ratio of the SuperMicro IV? I assume the Corda Headsix/XXS is next up on that scale?

EFN seems to like the MiniBox E+ a whole lot but that is a fair bit bigger. For the size perhaps an iBasso T4 assuming it comes back in stock when they are back from New Years holliday.

Feb 2, 2009 at 1:06 PM Post #3,657 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by nc8000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
EFN seems to like the MiniBox E+ a whole lot but that is a fair bit bigger......

"like a whole lot" is an understatement actually. After two years craving and believing in Xin amps, the MiniBox-E+ has indeed dislodged my all time favorite SuperMicro-IV from the top padestal and it is not something easy for me to swallow. I was almost on the verge of pulling a trigger on a spanking new SuperMicro-IV 2008 a couple of days ago when a French Head-Fier decided to sell it off un-used for $230.00, but a quick listen to my MiniBox-E+ stalled me every time.......

My hope with Xin amp is the 12V version of Xin Reference and I will cling to my order no matter how long it takes.

PS: The MiniBox-E+ is thinner than most amps even if it's wider.

Feb 2, 2009 at 1:19 PM Post #3,658 of 3,962
Where can you actually buy a Minibox E+?

Feb 2, 2009 at 1:25 PM Post #3,659 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by DennyL /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where can you actually buy a Minibox E+?

A week just before Chinese new year, I know that three Head-Fiers have purchased the last three that Head-Direct have in stock. Head-Direct and TTVJ is expecting new stocks after Chinese New Year, I assume that the amp maker will then start making new batches

Feb 2, 2009 at 6:10 PM Post #3,660 of 3,962
Im sitting in here at the moment its snowing, i thought when wind and rain had abated, id get a chance to repair my sheds wasnt to be, never mind, sorry im getting off the point, it was mentioned recently more xin options are being tested it could be probably 6 or 8 options, at the moment, leaves me again in a quandry, not a laundry, though i feel im spinning around, however, where will it end , i mean customers waiting wise, i know he loves r&d, ed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back