Those who waiting Xin amp, post and get your date of arrival !
Jan 13, 2009 at 7:46 PM Post #3,586 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by kaushama /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But Type B was commended by mrarroyo and perhaps better than D?
It has more battery life too. I am just waiting till more opinions come. Perhaps mrarroyo/Vorlon meet will settle things.

Yeah, this is what I was alluding to earlier about not being sure if D was really the ultimate choice.

Oh well, this should be interesting.
popcorn.gif
Last year when I was lurking I found the mrarroyo/Vorlon amp comparisons compelling enough to order a SuperMicro IV, though later changing it to a Ref.

Jan 13, 2009 at 7:49 PM Post #3,587 of 3,962
By the sound of things I do not think good Dr still done with final layout too.

Jan 13, 2009 at 8:26 PM Post #3,588 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by dimm0k /img/forum/go_quote.gif
An e-mail reply to an e-mail I sent a couple of weeks back.

Sorry for the wait, please check the status on
Xin's Cool Talk - Currently shipping

Thanks, Xin

Too bad my Receipt begins with 39... arrgh!

yours and mine alike brother.

not very helpful is it, considering he is pointing you to a page ("check the status") where the order number was last edited on the [size=xx-small] 11/28/2008[/size]

what are you supposed to glean from that? apart from just keep waiting.

Jan 14, 2009 at 3:41 PM Post #3,589 of 3,962
Yes, I have finally and conclusively cancelled my order. I don't beleive that product is ever going to be shipped in meaningful quantyties, he is simple too much of a tweaker to ever go fully from development into a steady production run. Shame really.

Jan 14, 2009 at 6:14 PM Post #3,590 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by Quaddy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

yours and mine alike brother.

not very helpful is it, considering he is pointing you to a page ("check the status") where the order number was last edited on the [size=xx-small] 11/28/2008[/size]

what are you supposed to glean from that? apart from just keep waiting.

Hehe for someone like myself who is impatient I'm sort of surprised this really hasn't bothered me much. I guess his reply to my email, while no useful info, is a sign that he's busy doing something over there...

Jan 14, 2009 at 6:25 PM Post #3,591 of 3,962
I can totally understand the frustration. I do have to say that the current sound is exceptional. Where it ends up is anyone's guess but I have to say it will be one of the best and contending with many home amps.

Jan 14, 2009 at 7:06 PM Post #3,592 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can totally understand the frustration. I do have to say that the current sound is exceptional. Where it ends up is anyone's guess but I have to say it will be one of the best and contending with many home amps.

Which version do you have?

Jan 15, 2009 at 3:07 AM Post #3,595 of 3,962
Quote:

That's great but how many versions will be out before "normal" people get theirs?

Jan 15, 2009 at 4:57 AM Post #3,596 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nailzs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's great but how many versions will be out before "normal" people get theirs?

I have a feather pillow in my hand. How many feathers does it contain?

Jan 15, 2009 at 6:25 AM Post #3,597 of 3,962
Quote:

I have a feather pillow in my hand. How many feathers does it contain?

That either means, "I Don't Know" or it means an "infinite number of versions first."
eek.gif

Jan 15, 2009 at 10:42 AM Post #3,598 of 3,962
The Xin Reference was added to his product range in about September 2007 (correct me on this). Here we are in January 2009, about three delivery promises later, with the design not even finalised and about three variants added to the product range while hardly anyone, apart from favoured testers, has received anything! That is Xin's way of working. At least we can comfort ourselves with the belief that the unobtainable (mythical?) Reference probably sounds better than most of the amps we can actually buy and use.

With the latest increment to his shipping order number he's getting dangerously close to mine and I'll have to make a decision.

Jan 15, 2009 at 11:45 AM Post #3,600 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by tha_dude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The latest update on his website has the currently shipping number 39018597 (posted 1/13).

OBOY--my number's 39158534--hope this doesn't mean there are about 139,000 ahead of me
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back