Those who waiting Xin amp, post and get your date of arrival !
Jul 14, 2008 at 6:18 PM Post #3,046 of 3,962
Thanks. Great fireworks yesterday, more to come tonight
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 18, 2008 at 9:47 AM Post #3,049 of 3,962
Can't argue with that unfurtunately

Jul 18, 2008 at 10:53 AM Post #3,050 of 3,962
Not much evidence yet of the shipping that started on 10th July, according to Xin. Still, another four pages of this thread.

Jul 20, 2008 at 6:33 PM Post #3,052 of 3,962
Soon
wink.gif

The sticky is really most needed and you cant really miss it.

Jul 24, 2008 at 4:25 PM Post #3,054 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by blippster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sigh. Don't know whether to send back my Supermicro IV with a progressively loosening input jack
frown.gif

Learn to solder; it's not hard and you really can't mess up a headphone jack. Would sure beat waiting for the amp to arrive back on your doorstep.

Jul 25, 2008 at 2:49 AM Post #3,055 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by itsborken /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Learn to solder; it's not hard and you really can't mess up a headphone jack. Would sure beat waiting for the amp to arrive back on your doorstep.

Thanks itsborken; I've considered that, but not too sure if the jack is a surface mount part or if the legs extend through the board - which would be a problem because the volume control is right below that and its not something I want to desolder.

Any idea where to get the specific part?

Jul 25, 2008 at 3:29 AM Post #3,056 of 3,962
I don't have one to look at but I'd take the case off and look at the connector. Then go out to sites like digi-key.com or mouser.com and look at their 3.5mm stereo jacks and look at the manufacturers diagrams/specs to fine the proper one. It's a pita but doable a lot faster than waiting for an amp to be returned.

Jul 27, 2008 at 9:37 PM Post #3,058 of 3,962
Order delivery confirmed.

Item: SuperMicro IV
Ordered: 03/13/2007
Received: 07/26/2008
Time spent waiting: 16 months, 13 days...

As the wait time was only 4 months (or so it said on the order form) when I ordered, I was a bit disgusted with the 16+ months of waiting and planned to sell the Micro when it arrived.

However, after finally receiving the SuperMicro and testing it... I'm pretty darn impressed and will definitely be holding onto the unit.

Would I do it again? Probably not.
For those with outstanding orders... best of luck.

Jul 27, 2008 at 10:12 PM Post #3,059 of 3,962
jolly good to hear my patient friend.

you deserved it wow, that is a hell of a wait.

unfortunately i am not excited at owning the reference now as i was when i ordered, but i have left the order stand.

as i have sold everything portable, amp wize, ironically xin may have the final hand of landing me with a portable amp in a few months that i may just need again!
wink.gif

Jul 27, 2008 at 10:25 PM Post #3,060 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by Quaddy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
jolly good to hear my patient friend.

you deserved it wow, that is a hell of a wait.

unfortunately i am not excited at owning the reference now as i was when i ordered, but i have left the order stand.

as i have sold everything portable, amp wize, ironically xin may have the final hand of landing me with a portable amp in a few months that i may just need again!
wink.gif

Thanks!
I feel like popping open a bottle of something. Geez!

Best of luck for you...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back