Those who waiting Xin amp, post and get your date of arrival !
May 4, 2008 at 7:53 PM Post #2,836 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by filipelli /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Have any of you guys considered building your own Xin amp? Would be be difficult to build yourself a copy, just to have for yourself should your first one burn out?

i hope you are joking.
eek.gif

approaching 9mth mark in a few days. god i love the martyrdom of it all.

i dont even want a reference now, thats the bizarre thing, i am soooo beyond needing a different amp to the voyager, hmmm, yes but it has native 1/4" jacks *slurp*

May 5, 2008 at 4:56 AM Post #2,838 of 3,962
I had stopped checking the thread after I got mine in March. Looks like things are still the same.

May lord give power to the people who are waiting
biggrin.gif

May 5, 2008 at 2:33 PM Post #2,840 of 3,962
@silverrain: if u got lucky................ no, i mean a BIG LUCK......... no, i mean a MILLION DOLLAR JACKPOT...... whose seem more easy to got.......... u will got it in no time........... (Xin Time)

May 5, 2008 at 6:10 PM Post #2,842 of 3,962
Quote:

Hi! I'm new here, and just ordered an amp -- how long will it take before I get it?
I'm in a hurry....

If you are in a hurry just cancel the order and buy something else. You are bound get very frustrated when you have to wait more than 9-10 months if he ever start to build amps again soon.

May 6, 2008 at 3:18 PM Post #2,843 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by silverrain /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi! I'm new here, and just ordered an amp -- how long will it take before I get it?
I'm in a hurry....

Cute...
With absolutely nothing else going on here, Silverrain decides to go trolling and actually gets a bite or two.

May 6, 2008 at 3:40 PM Post #2,844 of 3,962
Joking posts are spread throughout this thread -- it begs for it sometimes, to lighten-up the somber mood, and help offset the "taps" you can hear playing in the background when reading these recent posts.
rolleyes.gif

A troll post would be something believable posted -- expecting a Xin amp "in a hurry" (or at all, anymore, perhaps?) is not believable, except by rare peeps.
eek.gif

P.S. -- I got mine -- a long time ago.

May 6, 2008 at 3:55 PM Post #2,845 of 3,962
Quote:

Joking posts are spread throughout this thread -- it begs for it sometimes, to lighten-up the somber mood, and help offset the "taps" you can hear playing in the background when reading these recent posts.
rolleyes.gif

A troll post would be something believable posted -- expecting a Xin amp "in a hurry" (or at all, anymore, perhaps?) is not believable, except by rare peeps.
eek.gif

P.S. -- I got mine -- a long time ago.

But did you get the one with the very recent upgrade or the older version?

May 6, 2008 at 4:01 PM Post #2,846 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I messed with Xin amps that were "older than dirt" back in 06 or maybe 05 even -- a pioneer?
No, I have none now.

I used to buy and use headphone amps back when HeadRoom was a "start-up" and pretty much one of the very few places that even had such beasties.
Had to buy from Stereophile magazine ads -- you know, before there was an internet.
eek.gif

So, I hit all the net places as soon as they offered headphone amps -- so, that's getting back there some.

May 6, 2008 at 6:58 PM Post #2,847 of 3,962
Quote:

eek.gif

Your "Hi! I'm new here!" (with a post count of 1500+) had me laughing out loud!!! And then when folks started to respond as though it were a serious post ... that was like listening to the Phil Hendry show. It was a good time to interject some well-needed humor into this depressed thread. At least, it was for me, on my screen, to my sense of humor, YMMV ...

May 6, 2008 at 8:13 PM Post #2,848 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The one with the latest most recent upgrade is what I ordered -- I gotta have the best one, right?
tongue.gif

On a serious note, I hope some good news comes here, to bring relief to all the patient Xin-watchers.

May 8, 2008 at 7:03 PM Post #2,849 of 3,962
Quote:

I hope some good news comes here, to bring relief to all the patient Xin-watchers.

Is there someone here who has patience left?
confused.gif

I am unfortunately still here waiting. But, I am waiting with frustration and angst. My patience ran out a long time ago.

May 8, 2008 at 8:57 PM Post #2,850 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by DDW /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is there someone here who has patience left?

I'm still waiting without expectation (hence without frustration), continuing on in the cultivation of my rigs with gear from other sources and enjoying what I hear (actually, being amazed by what I am privileged to hear) every day. I wouldn't want to miss out on jamato8's dry humor or the many facets of the Human Comedy (often intertwined with facets of the Human Tragedy) unfolding in this thread. It's also a nice bonus when an occasional Xin communication or Xin amp is reported.

I just hope and pray that Dr. Xin is OK. I don't expect that he is OK. From how MUCH of himself that he has put into his audio developments and making them available to other people to enjoy in the past, it seems to me that something must be pretty wrong for him to be so distant from it now. It would be a relief to me to know that he has just gone off into another "Research Mode" binge (or for that matter that he has just given up his audio pursuit altogether). I don't expect that I'll ever know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back