Those who waiting Xin amp, post and get your date of arrival !
Jul 14, 2007 at 5:35 PM Post #1,187 of 3,962
March 8th seems so long ago.
blink.gif

Anyone know what he's doing now?

Jul 14, 2007 at 6:08 PM Post #1,188 of 3,962
The power supply has made some very good advances. The wait should not be much longer but then again . . .

Jul 14, 2007 at 7:38 PM Post #1,189 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The power supply has made some very good advances. The wait should not be much longer but then again . . .

How do you know so much about Xin? I know you both live in Oregon, but do you test his stuff often and/or work with him?

Jul 14, 2007 at 7:44 PM Post #1,190 of 3,962
Living in Oregon doesn't help. He has been busy working and testing the power supply. I listen to some of his beta amps and give some feedback but Xin does all of his own work. From time to time I hear from him and I have visited him a couple of times.

Jul 15, 2007 at 12:25 AM Post #1,192 of 3,962
The internal supply that any device has that is electrically powered. There are many strange things that electrons do on their way to completing their task and not having resonance frequencies and other nasties is one of the confounding issues of designing trully high end equipment. Everything can look good on paper with nice low ESR caps and figuring out at what frequency they work best and what does and what the current will and not carry since the AC musical signal is carried on the DC. You want to get the DC as pure as possible and there are so many interactions that the issue is not a simple or strateforward one. I even bypass by Black GAte caps but not with other types but only with BG's or the resonance problems can arrise. I find that BG caps play well together, esp. the nonpolar high Q ones.

Jul 16, 2007 at 9:48 AM Post #1,193 of 3,962
Ordered mine Mar/04/2007... now more than 4 months and still no word. I'd been thinking that the waiting would be between 3 and 4 months...
What is the longest waiting record? 6 months? Or even more?
blink.gif

Jul 16, 2007 at 10:04 AM Post #1,194 of 3,962
Its been 138 days since I ordered my Supermicro. I think it will reach 150 days soon
biggrin.gif

Hoping that it will be all worth it.

Jul 16, 2007 at 2:03 PM Post #1,195 of 3,962
It will be worth it but that is one long frustrating wait, especially for those who paid with paypal and therefore have been without money and communication for so long. I know Xin is not good on communication but it bothers me because he gets a lot of flak he could avoid, but that is the way he is and not much anybody can do about it. It must be the artist rather than the business man in him. I often wonder how he can survive.

Jul 16, 2007 at 5:50 PM Post #1,196 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by nc8000 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I often wonder how he can survive.

Some say he feasts off the rotting flesh of dead men who ordered their amps decades ago but never lived to see the day...

Jul 16, 2007 at 10:03 PM Post #1,197 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dexter Morgan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Some say he feasts off the rotting flesh of dead men who ordered their amps decades ago but never lived to see the day...

I hope you mean that in jest, Dr. Xin has always delivered and has never stiffed anyone.

Jul 16, 2007 at 11:20 PM Post #1,198 of 3,962
Will the wait time get reduced to something a bit more normal once he's done with developing the Reference? Or is it aways a "Pay now and get a pleasant surprise within a year" with Xin amps?

I've read somewhere in the post that once he starts manufacturing the new amps he'll be able to assemble 50 a week. Wouldn't that make the wait time a week or two, tops? Or are his amps so in demand that there's thousands waiting in queue?

Jul 16, 2007 at 11:35 PM Post #1,199 of 3,962
Does his email communication improve during production periods as well? If I wanted him to suggest a gain setting for the Reference, would he actually respond?

Jul 16, 2007 at 11:49 PM Post #1,200 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by AudioDwebe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Will the wait time get reduced to something a bit more normal once he's done with developing the Reference? Or is it aways a "Pay now and get a pleasant surprise within a year" with Xin amps?

I've read somewhere in the post that once he starts manufacturing the new amps he'll be able to assemble 50 a week. Wouldn't that make the wait time a week or two, tops? Or are his amps so in demand that there's thousands waiting in queue?

I think it's gotten worse... hopefully it will get better but when I first joined headfi and ordered my SMIII it took about 3 weeks IIRC and now people are passing the 4 month mark.

It's really a shame because Xin makes a kick ass product but his obsessive tweak disorder seems to put his amps in a constant "incomplete" or "without the [insert date] mods" status and wait times continue to rise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back