Those who waiting Xin amp, post and get your date of arrival !
Jul 6, 2007 at 10:35 AM Post #1,171 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by dissembled /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Xin's amps are undoubetedly one of the best amps out there. The Supermicro as small as it is manages to dethrone the bigger players out there that cost 3x more. Excellent value no doubt.

That plastic Supermicro case though....WHOO! $10! Has anyone managed to make a custom case for the Micro? Would love to pay for one of those instead.

I think Xin's Supermicro case is pretty customized. The hole for the volume wheel appears to be cut out by hand.

Jul 6, 2007 at 10:42 AM Post #1,172 of 3,962
At first I thought the case price was excessive but now I'm not so sure. Yeah, the case alone is cheap but the labor of installing the amp and the skill to modify the case by hand is undefinable. I can't do it and to complain about spending $10 is kind of silly. If you want a custom case DIY or spend someone else way more then $10 for there time, skill, shipping, and better materials if you like.

Do!

Jul 7, 2007 at 12:11 AM Post #1,174 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dexter Morgan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can anyone that owns the case comment on how much additional size/weight it adds to the amp (SMIV)?

You should be asking how much weight the amp adds to the case. The case weighs almost nothing. Here is a good link for size and weight specs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Do /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I ordered a BLACK SuperMicro IV from Xin on May 25, 07.

I emailed him about using a black case from here. Scroll down to see case. Should not be a problem if specified in the comment section of payment.
mk52mix.jpg

Enjoy.
Do!

Jul 7, 2007 at 1:02 AM Post #1,175 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Do /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You should be asking how much weight the amp adds to the case. The case weighs almost nothing. Here is a good link for size and weight specs.

You SHOULD be asking, how much weight the battery adds to the case and amp
wink.gif

Jul 7, 2007 at 4:27 PM Post #1,177 of 3,962
How's durable is the plastic case that comes with the Micro? Strong enough to overcome sporadic drops, I hope?

Jul 7, 2007 at 4:46 PM Post #1,178 of 3,962
The walls of the Supermicro case is fairly thick and the case overall seems very durable. Can't say much about the sporadic drops though.

Jul 7, 2007 at 11:38 PM Post #1,179 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by rxc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The walls of the Supermicro case is fairly thick and the case overall seems very durable. Can't say much about the sporadic drops though.

The case is think and the amp is lite. I just dropped it from about 4 feet but I think you would have to throw it hard to break it. If you are in the habbit of thowing amps then I guess any of them would get chipped, dented or broken but since I don't think that is what you are asking, yes I think the case is quite strong for the application and day in and day out use with the occasional descent to the floor. How does the source like this? I think an iPod would show much more impact residual. I know my Sony portable cd player might not make it, even though it is metal.

Jul 8, 2007 at 4:17 AM Post #1,180 of 3,962
Does anyone have a working e-mail address for Dr. Xin (one that he tends to get and respond to--not a digital circular file) to ask about my amp ordered and paid via PayPal (my mistake) about 2 1/2 months ago?

You can post here or PM me, which would be even better.

Thanks

Jul 8, 2007 at 5:52 AM Post #1,181 of 3,962
Just be sure to follow closely his instruction:
In subject put your order number and yur concern specifically.
Use plain text format (no HTML format!)

At least for me, this worked.

Jul 8, 2007 at 1:28 PM Post #1,182 of 3,962
Yes, as toopeach just said. I've never (at least don't remember any lapses) had a problem when you do it that way.

Jul 11, 2007 at 7:50 PM Post #1,185 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrJingles /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I ordered mine April 15th and it's coming up on the 3 month mark. Just a FYI.

I ordered mine April 12th
tongue.gif
. . . My 3 month mark will be tomorrow. I wonder how much longer 'til Xin gets everything "perfected". I wish he would give us some kinda notice on progress at least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back