Those who waiting Xin amp, post and get your date of arrival !
Jun 7, 2007 at 5:13 PM Post #1,067 of 3,962
So is the Reference essentially a Micro that is built like a tank plus a large capacitor? What will a person be missing now by buying a Micro (for its small size) instead of a Reference?

Jun 7, 2007 at 10:15 PM Post #1,068 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by dle4e_2005 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anybody received their Xin amp recently?

I think he stopped production to tweak the reference. But I'm judging that only by the lack of posts in this thread.

Jun 8, 2007 at 2:54 AM Post #1,069 of 3,962
The Reference isn't the Micro in a bigger case. Xin wants the Reference to stand on its own and be uncompromising in sound. The Micro is great but the Reference can be even more.

Jun 8, 2007 at 12:28 PM Post #1,070 of 3,962
Has Xin ever considered farming out his production so he can concentrate on development I wonder ?

The sporadic, variable production with a months long wait is holding me back from ordering one.

Jun 11, 2007 at 4:33 AM Post #1,072 of 3,962
Start shipping, Xin!!

If you really need an extra $5/amp to cover fees for assembly peons, go for it. Just think of all the extra orders you'd make from no one dissing your customer service (which actually is amazingly fast when he isn't in research mode).

DAMN research mode!

Jun 11, 2007 at 6:41 PM Post #1,073 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by grndslm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Start shipping, Xin!!

If you really need an extra $5/amp to cover fees for assembly peons, go for it. Just think of all the extra orders you'd make from no one dissing your customer service (which actually is amazingly fast when he isn't in research mode).

DAMN research mode!

Do not forget free upgrades even if you are not the original owner.
biggrin.gif

Jun 12, 2007 at 12:23 AM Post #1,075 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do not forget free upgrades even if you are not the original owner.
biggrin.gif

That makes absolutely no sense to me that someone can buy a used amp for less and have it upgraded for free. It probably would have been quicker to get the amp that way. Anyone know if upgrading is a quicker turn around then buying a new amp?

Do!

Jun 12, 2007 at 1:05 AM Post #1,078 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Do /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wildcard30 your an evil man. I could have looked used but I wanted a black case. What headphones are you using? You'll probably be able to have your amp upgraded before I receive my new one in black of course.

I am using my E500's with it and right off the bat I like the sound better then my Hornet and I still have my order in for a reference and a black supermicro IV from the beginning of April have not decided whether to cancel or not yet.

Jun 12, 2007 at 1:58 AM Post #1,079 of 3,962
The Reference is built on the concept of the Micro so if you like the Micro you will really like the Reference. I can't imagine why someone would get rid of the Micro with only 10 hours of use. They have no idea what they passed up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back