Those who waiting Xin amp, post and get your date of arrival !
May 22, 2007 at 1:32 AM Post #1,036 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by vorlon1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ordered 2-7-07, arrived today. This is a light blue one and it is almost transparent. Here are four angles of it.

microiv1.jpg

microiv3.jpg

microiv4.jpg

microiv5.jpg

Nice looking amp you have there Vorlon1. Saturday we will be comparing that sucker to the "Xin Reference" I received today.
very_evil_smiley.gif

May 24, 2007 at 1:27 AM Post #1,041 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kabeer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hehe you only lasted 2 minutes
tongue.gif

I did didn't I??? And I am back again!!! This place is killing me.

Just started to listen to the SuperMicro (1st gen. Nano 4gb, ALO Cryo micro and DJ81s) and what an amzing sound this is....for something this tiny! Full and resonant. Goodness!

For all those waiting.....you're in for some seriously good listening whatever Xin amp you have coming. Soon!

May 24, 2007 at 1:55 AM Post #1,042 of 3,962
The amp I don't see many people talking about is the Mini IV. I have one now and it is incredible. I love the size and feel but the sound . . . . Boston never sounded much better.

May 24, 2007 at 3:30 AM Post #1,043 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The amp I don't see many people talking about is the Mini IV. I have one now and it is incredible. I love the size and feel but the sound . . . . Boston never sounded much better.

Do you think the Mini IV has now "caught up" with the Micro IV? It seemed like the Micro always got the better reviews around here, but post 4/11 power mods Xin seemed to think the others had caught the Micro. Do you find this?

May 24, 2007 at 3:57 AM Post #1,044 of 3,962
I don't know right now as they both need to break in more. The Mini sounds different and is a different circuit but it sound very good. The Micro seems to have that big open sound that is so much fun and in good recordings, very real.

May 24, 2007 at 1:49 PM Post #1,045 of 3,962
Ordered Feb 8
Received May 24

I actually emailed Xin and cancelled my order as i ended up buying a Tomahawk from Ray but i never got a reply and i just decided if it turned up well i'd just deal with it
tongue.gif

I have to say i am pretty well blown away with it after only using it for 30 mins so far, size v performance well
etysmile.gif
can't wait till i can put a couple of hundred hours into it and open it up like my tomahawk.

May 24, 2007 at 2:00 PM Post #1,046 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by marscay /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ordered Feb 8
Received May 24

I actually emailed Xin and cancelled my order as i ended up buying a Tomahawk from Ray but i never got a reply and i just decided if it turned up well i'd just deal with it
tongue.gif

I have to say i am pretty well blown away with it after only using it for 30 mins so far, size v performance well
etysmile.gif
can't wait till i can put a couple of hundred hours into it and open it up like my tomahawk.

Congratulations! you're in the same boat like me. It would be interesting to see how your SMIV compares with RSA Tomahawk.

Well most of you already know which amp I decided to keep in the end. Let's see how it work for you. Enjoy!

May 25, 2007 at 1:39 AM Post #1,047 of 3,962
Quote:

Ordered Feb 8
Received May 24

tongue.gif

etysmile.gif

Congrratulations! I did the comparison and I know which is my favorite! Although both could have a purpose. BTW IMO the Supermicro IV needs about 100 hours or so of burn in. Maybe even less.

May 26, 2007 at 1:10 AM Post #1,048 of 3,962
i think i have a pretty good idea which amp i like the best already
wink.gif

just put rockbox onto my 5.5g 80gb tonight too, it's been a long wait
blink.gif
but a good week for portable audio for me
icon10.gif

what do you guys recommend for burn-in radio/pink/white/random playlists ???

May 26, 2007 at 1:30 AM Post #1,049 of 3,962
Quote:

Ordered Feb 8
Received May 24

tongue.gif

etysmile.gif

I have an Imod Ipod on the way and ordered a XIN SuperMicro last week. Not sure i can wait 3 months...might have to get the Tomahawk as well.

Is there a big difference between the Tomahawk and the SuperMicro IV?

May 26, 2007 at 1:45 AM Post #1,050 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by ElDanno /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have an Imod Ipod on the way and ordered a XIN SuperMicro last week. Not sure i can wait 3 months...might have to get the Tomahawk as well.

Is there a big difference between the Tomahawk and the SuperMicro IV?

Thats what I did still waiting for my Supermicro emailed xin he said 2 to 3 weeks.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back