Those who waiting Xin amp, post and get your date of arrival !
Apr 12, 2007 at 5:00 PM Post #856 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by MonkeyButt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"Got mine" meaning that just got the notice that its in the mail . . .

Oh, I wouldn't know...I'm still waiting
frown.gif

Apr 12, 2007 at 11:11 PM Post #857 of 3,962
Yes it appears Dr. Xin is back in production mode. Today he posted on his site that he has been working on why the Supermicro sounded the best. He wrote it took him 6 months to figure it out and that amps (Supermini and Supermacro)shipped after 4/11 have the mod.
biggrin.gif

Apr 12, 2007 at 11:13 PM Post #858 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by Morph201 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
4 months?!
confused.gif
Ah, I see.. deprive your senses of music for 4 months and then when the amp arrives..BAM!

Kinda like starving yourself a month and then eating a regular ol' cracker...

"Mmm.. wow, this aint no regular cracker, no no no this is one of those premium Ritz crackers, right?" (kiddin)
orphsmile.gif

I FINALLY figured out where that Ritz cracker quote is from. Thank you, Morph201.

Now my next step here is determining whether to get a 4P-->4S adapter or really go big-time and get some UE-10s. So...hungry...

Oh, and still waiting for my Supermicro IV. It's almost been a week!!! (jokes...).

Go Flames.

Apr 13, 2007 at 12:09 AM Post #859 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes it appears Dr. Xin is back in production mode. Today he posted on his site that he has been working on why the Supermicro sounded the best. He wrote it took him 6 months to figure it out and that amps (Supermini and Supermacro)shipped after 4/11 have the mod.
biggrin.gif

So does that mean that I can send my Supermini IV in for another quick upgrade
blink.gif
yeah, ummm, seriously.

IMG_0439.jpg

etysmile.gif

Apr 13, 2007 at 5:34 AM Post #860 of 3,962
placed an order for a super micro IV today. will update when it is received. good thing they don't charge the card until it ships. only problem is, i hope it ships before my card expires a year from now
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 13, 2007 at 6:57 AM Post #861 of 3,962
Order mine on 26 Dec 06 and noticed my credit card was charged on 11 Apr...should be seeing that shipping notice any day! Now to inform the wife
eek.gif

Apr 14, 2007 at 6:06 PM Post #862 of 3,962
I ordered mine on the 7th of April, hoping to have it by July.

I don't understand what takes so long? How many orders could he possibly get? Is this just a side job for him? I don't mind the wait as long as there is a good reason, but if he is just sitting around and working on them when he feels like it then that is a poor way to run a business.

Apr 14, 2007 at 6:32 PM Post #863 of 3,962
JarodL1 - you're making some pretty nasty and unfounded suppositions.

If you read these and the testing, and impressions pages you would know that those who care enough to spend the time and money to compare many amps have found Xin's Supermicro IV to be the finest-sounding portable amp they have heard. Dr. Xin has been working to find why the larger amps have not quite been reaching that same plateau in sound quality. Well, he re-appeared on his forum with some exciting statements in postings of 4/11/07, and 4/12.......................................he states he has finally found the answers and Supermini IV, Supermacro IV, and Supermacro LE shipped from 4/11 onward will be equal to the Supermicro.

That being said, I'm glad I ordered my Supermacro LE on 12/29, because on 4/12 Dr. Xin finally charged my CC............meaning my Supermacro LE is ON ITS' WAY!!!!!....................of course this means my Supermini IV will be visiting its "father" for the final tweaks.

Apr 14, 2007 at 7:41 PM Post #864 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by BushGuy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, he re-appeared on his forum with some exciting statements in postings of 4/11/07, and 4/12.......................................he states he has finally found the answers and Supermini IV, Supermacro IV, and Supermacro LE shipped from 4/11 onward will be equal to the Supermicro.

I also have problems finding the relevant messages in his forum. But if found an extract (in a german forum), in this he writes on the 04-04-2007:
Quote:

"OK, I think I have finally done with the current Macro.
Now the sound is MUCH better than Mini and Micro, I can easily tell. The
most outstanding is OPA637.

Seems logic for me that the Supermacro sounds better with it´s higher price and larger power-support. (A SM LE or a supermini have just two AAA batteries and a OPA637 needs more power).

But following your post they sound equal? So i would be better of with the supermini IV, which cost just $199?

Apr 14, 2007 at 8:01 PM Post #867 of 3,962
Quote:

JarodL1 - you're making some pretty nasty and unfounded suppositions.

If you read these and the testing, and impressions pages you would know that those who care enough to spend the time and money to compare many amps have found Xin's Supermicro IV to be the finest-sounding portable amp they have heard. Dr. Xin has been working to find why the larger amps have not quite been reaching that same plateau in sound quality. Well, he re-appeared on his forum with some exciting statements in postings of 4/11/07, and 4/12.......................................he states he has finally found the answers and Supermini IV, Supermacro IV, and Supermacro LE shipped from 4/11 onward will be equal to the Supermicro.

That being said, I'm glad I ordered my Supermacro LE on 12/29, because on 4/12 Dr. Xin finally charged my CC............meaning my Supermacro LE is ON ITS' WAY!!!!!....................of course this means my Supermini IV will be visiting its "father" for the final tweaks.

I'm not doubting the product's quality. I simply can't understand why it takes 3 months to ship out products.

Apr 14, 2007 at 8:04 PM Post #868 of 3,962
Yes, the Supermacro LE runs on 4 batteries, and the Supermini is 2 batteries.

The Xin posts I mentioned are on the Support page, and the thread is :"supermicro a class above mini and macro? "

JarodL1 - you wrote " but if he is just sitting around and working on them when he feels like it then that is a poor way to run a business."

and yes, digitalCat - "I'm picturing an army of ungodly creatures ravaging the headfi world and desperately looking for the beloved creator".....I often get the same feelings when reading posts on Head-Fi , except they are also busy devouring one another
evil_smiley.gif
.......................remember, I know what goes on across the Hudson R. and Kill Van Kull . New York needs to erect a fence from just below Nyack to the Pennsylvania border, and quadruple the bridge and turnnel tolls (a form of natural selection).
very_evil_smiley.gif

Apr 14, 2007 at 8:04 PM Post #869 of 3,962
Your words appropriately enhanced Xin's image as a mad scientist.... I'm picturing an army of ungodly creatures ravaging the headfi world and desperately looking for the beloved creator.
icon10.gif

Quote:

of course this means my Supermini IV will be visiting its "father" for the final tweaks.

Apr 14, 2007 at 8:34 PM Post #870 of 3,962
I just reviewed NFusion770's SuperMicroIV for my portable amp roundup, - and it's VERY good sounding!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back