Those who waiting Xin amp, post and get your date of arrival !
Aug 23, 2006 at 6:18 AM Post #241 of 3,962
don't stress out, 883dave... we are all waiting here, so its not like xin doesn't favor you or anything... i'd tell you, i'm still waiting for it because i know it will be a great amp. if i were, you should just keep your order, since by the time xin reads your email about cancelling, he would've been done with the amp and ready to ship it out... so regardless if you cancel now, you won't get your money back since xin is too busy. just hang in there. in the end its just an amp, not food or welfare checks... just tell him where you moved/traveled to and have him ship that amp there.

Aug 23, 2006 at 10:31 AM Post #242 of 3,962
Here's some food for hope. Xin replied to my email that was sent several days ago asking about a shipping date.

His reply:

Your order was processed right before I started the final tweaks. Now
it's
done and will ship in 1-2 days.

Thank you and very sorry about this,
Xin

YEAH!
cool.gif

Aug 23, 2006 at 10:52 AM Post #245 of 3,962
Congrats to GreatDane,
smily_headphones1.gif

I just got an email from him too regarding some extra opamps and things I am getting with the SMacro. No mention of delivery but I'm patient now.

Now I'm just glad to be getting one eventually.

Ordered a month after you, hope it doesn't take a month longer though.

Aug 23, 2006 at 1:34 PM Post #246 of 3,962
All I ever asked is that he be more communicative with his customers. Now it appears that perhaps he's starting to be. That would be a major step forward. I like his amps, and he DOES deliver, but my personal choice will be not to buy another amp from him as I just don't have the time for the hassle of his current business model. His amps are great but not much better than some other folks who are more pleasant to do business with. All JMO, of course.

Aug 23, 2006 at 10:24 PM Post #247 of 3,962
i certainly feel with skylab (and others here who are waiting for their amps)...while most people know what to expect when they order an amp from xin, that still doesn't make it okay for xin to be rather poor about keeping his customers in the dark about the status of the amps. and those of you who defend xin by saying that he's a really good guy or he's a one-man operation, etc...we're not disagreeing with you. my criticisms of xin are not about his character or his business situation, it's about poor communication. i don't care that my amp takes two-plus months to ship, i just want to know what's going on during that process. maybe an update once/week?

and no, it's not enough to say "the wait will be worth it"...don't appease me by telling me how good the product is going to be...i already believe it's a good product or i wouldn't have ordered one in the first place. just tell me what the bleep is going on!

[/end rant]
eek.gif

Aug 25, 2006 at 12:08 PM Post #248 of 3,962
Dr. Xin is working on returned amps for upgrades it seems. As lots of parts are replaced in the amp. The new amps are not 100.1% probably. May be another scaling for new upcoming tweaks!!

Aug 25, 2006 at 3:26 PM Post #249 of 3,962
well i'll believe it when people start getting their amps.... you know, dr. xin kinda reminds me of a politician. he guarantees these great things and great changes, but we never see them...

Aug 25, 2006 at 3:52 PM Post #250 of 3,962
I agree so far we have had :

His order page promises delivery in 2 - 3 weeks;
Two weeks ago he said he was done tweaking and the amps would ship in 1 - 2 days;
Last week he said he needed some new components and then he was finished;
This week - nothing.

What annoys me is that the tweaking is unnecesary. Of the Xin IV amps delivered and reviewed on this site NOT ONE person has claimed sub standard sound. In fact all of the reviews have been unerringly positive. So in fact what we have witnessed is probably the birth of the fifth generation and the fourth never shipped. What a waste of time!

If the amps NEEDED the tweaking they werent ready to ship in the first place and shouldnt have been announced;
If the amps DIDNT need the tweaking but would merely benefit from it well thats the V2 upgrade for next winter isnt it ?

Design them, make them, ship them please Xin.

When the initial demand dies down, tweak away, when you've finished tweaking, announce the upgrade and go back to making and shipping.

If you LOVE designing but hate the business side of things (which i suspect is the case and i dont blame you) hire someone to deal with the admin for you, better still hire two people, one for admin and one for making them to your designs, this would then leave you free to tweak to your hearts content without driving your customers away.

I paid for my amp on 11 July, and so far I havent even had shipping notice and it will be another 10 days from then.

Not happy, not cancelling, but not returning either.

Ray Samuels, brace yourself, my credit card is now headed in your direction.

biggrin.gif

Aug 25, 2006 at 3:56 PM Post #251 of 3,962
For all the ppl complaining..
If he just found an update, would u REALLY want to send urs back in 2 weeks time or so, so that he can fix it up that'll take, i dunno, another 2 weeks?
Seriously, its for ur own good, delaying it doesn't benefit him in any way.
I'd want to send it back to him if he thinks it makes a big sound difference
And some ppl have posted significant differences (from inferior to dual supermacros to better)

Aug 25, 2006 at 4:52 PM Post #252 of 3,962
It's truely costy for Xin to send amps before finalized. But I can understand he's not trying to piss his users off. It seems he did believe the designs were perfect enough when he decided to ship them out; but it turned out that he found it's not the case and wanted to fix it. There were a few signs that the old designs had some flaws. First, one or two amps shipped didn't work stable and osciliated with AD8397 under some conditions; Second, the battery drain was larger than expected and batteries didn't last >20hrs per charge in a few amps. But the fixing effort took longer than expected. After playing with the latest tweaks, I tend to agree that these tweaks are necesary given the sq and stability as it is today, and the early SM IV seems to become unaccetable in sound. Just my two cents.

Aug 25, 2006 at 5:58 PM Post #254 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by jdimitri
For all the ppl complaining..
If he just found an update, would u REALLY want to send urs back in 2 weeks time or so, so that he can fix it up that'll take, i dunno, another 2 weeks?
Seriously, its for ur own good, delaying it doesn't benefit him in any way.
I'd want to send it back to him if he thinks it makes a big sound difference
And some ppl have posted significant differences (from inferior to dual supermacros to better)

of course, but it wouldn't do us any good either if we don't have a basis to compare. it's like saying 'the 2006 lexus model is great and is 99% complete. but if you wait for the 2007 model, the new tweaks will make it 100% complete. but if you wait for the 2008 model, we will be changing the actual parts, it will be much better. we will not send you the 2006 model because we believe it is not perfect, so we will send you the 2008 model when 2008 rolls by.'

for me personally, i rather have 99% of something than nothing. once i receive the amp, i will probably not want to send it back in ever again to make sure that the amp works with OPA239i4298734 and AD324jh429s opamps which i will probably not care about...

Aug 27, 2006 at 10:19 AM Post #255 of 3,962
Great dane posted this on Xin's forum.

Quote:

Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006
Dane,
Your order was processed right before I started the final tweaks. Now
it's
done and will ship in 1-2 days.
Thank you and very sorry about this,
Xin

Has anyone else, who sent amps for upgrading received a shipping notice?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back