Those who waiting Xin amp, post and get your date of arrival !
Dec 4, 2007 at 4:42 PM Post #2,056 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by souperman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wait...why don't we just rename this thread to "Those who are waiting for your Xin amp, post your complaints and whinings here!" That seems to be the trend of this thread.

It's Xin's mess to clean up. Don't blame the customers for getting ticked off by his behavior. If he's not ready to ship product within a month he shouldn't be taking orders for things. The UCC spells out what is fair practices for businesses and consumers and Xin's breaking about every rule in the book.

Dec 4, 2007 at 5:07 PM Post #2,057 of 3,962
Just joint the 4 months club
Still smilling and wait with patient

Dec 4, 2007 at 5:12 PM Post #2,058 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by itsborken /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's Xin's mess to clean up. Don't blame the customers for getting ticked off by his behavior. If he's not ready to ship product within a month he shouldn't be taking orders for things. The UCC spells out what is fair practices for businesses and consumers and Xin's breaking about every rule in the book.

My point wasn't to stop people from complaining, but to try to keep people on topic. It doesn't seem like many people like to keep on topic in these areas.

Dec 4, 2007 at 5:22 PM Post #2,059 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by chukwe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If anything happens to Dr Xin, is there a sibling who could continue building amps?

LOL! good question!

Dec 4, 2007 at 5:24 PM Post #2,060 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by itsborken /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm not whining or complaining. I knew what I was likely getting into when I ordered.
wink.gif

I am curious though as to whether previous waiting times have been as long as they are now. (Seven months in my case?)
confused.gif

Inquiring minds...

Doug

Dec 4, 2007 at 7:20 PM Post #2,061 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by souperman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My point wasn't to stop people from complaining, but to try to keep people on topic. It doesn't seem like many people like to keep on topic in these areas.

There is nothing to keep on topic. It has been months since he shipped out a non-testing reference order. If he wants to develop products that is fine, however it should be done on his own time after he finishes orders. His amps are good, but I would much rather give my business to Ray Samuels or someone else who answers their customers and offers immediate solutions. Not to mention his products are arguably just as good.

Dec 4, 2007 at 9:40 PM Post #2,063 of 3,962
yep, comparing my reference beta to the hornet, the reference was only slightly better with a wider soundstage. other than that, the hornet seems pretty on par. it's hard for me to recommend the reference if you gotta wait 8-12 months for it...

Dec 4, 2007 at 9:44 PM Post #2,064 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by aluren /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yep, comparing my reference beta to the hornet, the reference was only slightly better with a wider soundstage. other than that, the hornet seems pretty on par. it's hard for me to recommend the reference if you gotta wait 8-12 months for it...

so this begs the question: is a "slightly better" sound over the hornet worth all this wait, aggravation, etc??? And what if something happens to the amp? Return it for repair and wait another 6 months or longer for its return??

Dec 4, 2007 at 10:12 PM Post #2,065 of 3,962
I received my reference about two weeks back and still burning it down. I do not know whether it is one of the beta configurations or not, as Dr. Xin still has not announced the final configuration. Over the period, I was waiting for Reference and my Supermini ( I was one of the first who ordered reference and lost the count of wait, as I didn't care), I bought a Hornet M. Hornet M is a very good amp itself, and has a slightly different sound signature to that of Reference. It has more forward and slightly aggresive mids than the warm sound of reference. I cannot make conclusions before I fully burn the Reference but I like its sound better and I sold the Hornet!! I should have kept it for comparisons later but this hobby made me almost broke, so I had to sell it. The strong points of all Xin amps are, their 3D sound-stage and transparency. But still, I think Hornet is a wonderful amp!

Dec 5, 2007 at 1:10 AM Post #2,066 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by tnmike1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
so this begs the question: is a "slightly better" sound over the hornet worth all this wait, aggravation, etc??? And what if something happens to the amp? Return it for repair and wait another 6 months or longer for its return??

well just remember mine's a beta version... but even then, i don't think it's worth it for an 8-12 month wait... i mean it's not like we're paying $250 for a $5,000 level amp...

Dec 5, 2007 at 3:56 AM Post #2,067 of 3,962
Holy, and here I was pondering on getting Xin's reference or SuperMacro IV...

I'll check back next year to see how's the status...
frown.gif

Dec 5, 2007 at 7:52 AM Post #2,068 of 3,962
After a wait of 9 months I got THE email from Xin:

"A package was shipped to you on 12/04/2007 via U.S. Postal Service Express Mail International"

eek.gif

Ben

Dec 5, 2007 at 9:17 AM Post #2,069 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by fl00r /img/forum/go_quote.gif
After a wait of 9 months I got THE email from Xin:

"A package was shipped to you on 12/04/2007 via U.S. Postal Service Express Mail International"

eek.gif

Ben

So, why eek
eek.gif

Throw a party for your new Xin
biggrin.gif

Dec 5, 2007 at 10:29 AM Post #2,070 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So, why eek
eek.gif

Throw a party for your new Xin
biggrin.gif

eek.gif
because this mail came like a bold from the blue
biggrin.gif

I will hold the party invitation until I have the Reference in my bare hands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back