Those who waiting Xin amp, post and get your date of arrival !
Dec 3, 2007 at 5:59 AM Post #2,045 of 3,962
well you can direct the complaints to there so that this thread can actually be informative again...

Dec 3, 2007 at 6:54 AM Post #2,046 of 3,962
Got a reply from Dr. Xin saying that my Supermicro will be shipped soon (it was 2 weeks back).

Now I'm in the 10+ month club
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 3, 2007 at 7:10 AM Post #2,047 of 3,962
He is trying to ship them out slowly! I hope he doesn't have any personal problem like health issue!

Dec 3, 2007 at 9:41 PM Post #2,051 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by JarodL1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
8 months now. This will be the last product I buy from Xin.

You never know, you might change your opinion!

Dec 3, 2007 at 10:23 PM Post #2,052 of 3,962
Why don't you hang around the amp Fs forum wait for a Xin amp to go on sale? That's what I did, got two Xin amps in a month, almost got a Reference too, but when I found out it was a beta version, I turned it down. Makes waiting for the Reference a bit easier.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JarodL1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
8 months now. This will be the last product I buy from Xin.

Dec 4, 2007 at 8:40 AM Post #2,054 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by tbmusic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't think I will buy anything directly from Xin in the future. I don't even care now. I just want my amp to complete the transaction. After I get my amp, adios Dr. Xin.

Likewise. Now in the 9+ month club.

What gets me is that he's happy to "go into development mode" while he has a massive backlog of orders. Fair enough, he wants to rus his shop as a one man band, but I think it's a bit off to decide to halt all production for months on end without word to anyone. When I signed up, I knew from here that the wait was around 3 months. Nowhere during the purchase did it say I was going to have to wait up to a year (maybe even more...who knows?) while he decided to concentrate his efforts on other stuff.

If I went into a bar, gave my order to the barman and just as he was about to pull my pint he put the glass down, went over the other side of the bar without saying a word and spent the next few hours trying to come up with new cocktails, would I be wrong to be pissed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back