Those who waiting Xin amp, post and get your date of arrival !
Sep 25, 2007 at 7:20 AM Post #1,591 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by jlingo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Xin doesn't charge my credit card unless it's ready for shipping, so in the mean time, while waiting for his amp to come I still have my budget to buy other amps.

Also, Worth, is a very hard word. Unless you have listened to Xin Amp before, then you are entitled to have opinion of how much this amp worth. If you haven't even listened to his amp, how would you know if something Worth it?
biggrin.gif

It's like me saying, it's not worth it to go to visit Universal Studio. But, I have never even been to The Universal Studio all my life. How would I know whether it's worth it. It doesn't really make sense does it?

Just a thought.

I'm done argueing but one could evaluate the pros/cons of going to Universal Studios compared to another destination and decide which place is "worth" going to.

I just hope Xin knows he is losing out on business by taking this long on amps. If I could order one this month and have it within 30 days I'd be all for getting one of his, but for someone who wants a decent "first" amp, I'm not waiting 6+ months.

Sep 25, 2007 at 11:44 AM Post #1,593 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by rxc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is now the Xin survivor thread, who will last, who will make it, who will crack.

it "separates the wheat from the chaff" - those who end up getting a xin amp shipped to their door from XiN are, as you say, the sole survivors of an apocolyptic struggle, those who dont, "folded under questioning" during the eons that passed.

thats why you get a whole lot more than just the amp when it arrives. you get the lifestyle and respect of your peers!
cool.gif

it doesnt make you a bad person if you cant hack the wait, hell i feel like that each day - but wouldnt cancel, and am even gonna order a supermicro IV just cause i havent had enough punishment with the reference saga
icon10.gif

Sep 25, 2007 at 7:56 PM Post #1,594 of 3,962
Just as a shot in the dark question fishing for a few attempts at how long do you really think my Xin amp will take to get to the front door; I'm only at or around the 3 - 4 month waiting time, so my guess is close to a total time of a year before I'll see my Supermicro IV. Based on the fact that there doesn't seem to be too much activity on people receiving their amps on the forum and added to that 6+ month buyers seem to be in abundance here. Would that be a realistic guess; 1 year of total time before I'm going to see my Xin amp?

Sep 25, 2007 at 9:07 PM Post #1,595 of 3,962
I'd say no one knows, perhaps he'll go "eureka!" in the coming week and start building/shipping amps in a frenzy, or we may not hear from him again for x months more.
Your guess is as good as mine, although I hope mine is closer to the truth.

Sep 25, 2007 at 9:17 PM Post #1,596 of 3,962
His orders must have shot up. Back in the day a few years ago, I asked him about my SM3 and something about rocket fuel.
He sent me a huge reply in days.

Sep 25, 2007 at 9:23 PM Post #1,597 of 3,962
he also haven't posted replies on his own website for awhile... someone go knock at his door and check up on him!

Sep 25, 2007 at 10:01 PM Post #1,598 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by jlingo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You are glad you cancelled since you haven't tried listening to his amp.
If your friend own Xin Amps, and you did listen to it, YOU MAY eventually REGRET YOU CANCELLED YOUR ORDER.
biggrin.gif

Don't live in Denial,
wink.gif
heheh admit it you were lusting after Xin Amp, until you had to reprogram your brain to stay happy even after cancelling your order hahaha.

My friend once said, " Ignorance is a Bliss!"

I've heard many of Xin's amps (with endless opamp combinations
confused.gif
). I actually have a Supermini IV with me right now (I give it back this weekend, maybe
wink.gif
).

The complete lack of communication is the problem, three emails with no reply (about payment and changing shipping address). I move residence frequently, both national and international, I don't have time to monitor Xin's manufacturing processes or worry about changing the shipping address.

While I can admire the size and sound of his amps, they just aren't good enough for me to hassle over.

EK

Sep 26, 2007 at 12:27 AM Post #1,599 of 3,962
i see this is the best place to come across xin reference and hornets so would some one give me a short comparison between the two ,which is more capable to drive larger headphones .with regards to the sq i am sure both are good.

Sep 26, 2007 at 12:32 AM Post #1,600 of 3,962
oops forgot ,i just ordered a reference today ,do you guys seriously think it would take four months .i assumed that since he is foods with the testing production would in up.anyways are you sure if charges the card just before shipping in that case il go buy a ibasso d1 lol.

Sep 26, 2007 at 1:17 AM Post #1,601 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by ajsaxin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
oops forgot ,i just ordered a reference today ,do you guys seriously think it would take four months .i assumed that since he is foods with the testing production would in up.anyways are you sure if charges the card just before shipping in that case il go buy a ibasso d1 lol.

Yes, Dr. Xin charges the CC right at shipping time. It could take 6 months!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Sep 26, 2007 at 4:04 AM Post #1,602 of 3,962
Got off that merry-go-round years ago
rolleyes.gif

Get the headamp pico and be done with it...

Sep 26, 2007 at 6:38 AM Post #1,603 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by rxc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is now the Xin survivor thread, who will last, who will make it, who will crack.

You can add me to the list. I lost all willpower to resist and ordered a supermicro.

Sep 26, 2007 at 9:20 AM Post #1,604 of 3,962
After all most 7 months of waiting I am not expecting anything anymore; I am comfortably numb and I think that's the way to go to survive
biggrin.gif

Sep 26, 2007 at 11:03 AM Post #1,605 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by fl00r /img/forum/go_quote.gif
After all most 7 months of waiting I am not expecting anything anymore; I am comfortably numb and I think that's the way to go to survive
biggrin.gif

sounds like a good defence mechanism
blink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back