Those who waiting Xin amp, post and get your date of arrival !
Sep 25, 2007 at 1:18 AM Post #1,576 of 3,962
Sep 25, 2007 at 2:32 AM Post #1,577 of 3,962
Seems like there are a lot of other folks who ordered the Xin Reference... like me. I bet there will be a long wait time for these Xin Refs
frown.gif
(4-8 months?)

I can only hope that they better the Tomahawk to justify the tortuous wait.

Sep 25, 2007 at 2:41 AM Post #1,578 of 3,962
I don't get the thing about canceling a Xin order... You're not charged until it ships and you can sell it for at least as much as you paid once you get it if you don't like the sound. It's pretty much risk-free and you can certainly enjoy another amp (Hornet in my case) while waiting. But, more cancellations means I will get my SuperMicro faster, so keep canceling guys.
icon10.gif

Sep 25, 2007 at 3:25 AM Post #1,579 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by gp_hebert /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But, more cancellations means I will get my SuperMicro faster, so keep canceling guys.
icon10.gif

x2!!

Sep 25, 2007 at 4:25 AM Post #1,580 of 3,962
It is not the wait that kills you it is the not knowing when that is most painful. If Xin were to say, "your wait will be 6 months or 4 months" that would be fine. However, the unknown is what scares me the most. I'm sure/unsure there are tons of people ahead of me waiting for the reference and with the one man show that is Xin's industry I feel almost lost without a glimpse of hope for the arrival of the amp.

Sep 25, 2007 at 4:34 AM Post #1,581 of 3,962
I wish I knew what was going on. I would guess there are very few of the new version out there and this version may very well change. I am listening to one now and it is good, well very good and not even burnt-in yet. I don't understand what is going on. The 1/4 inch jack is very nice.

Jam

Sep 25, 2007 at 4:57 AM Post #1,582 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by Computerstud /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It is not the wait that kills you it is the not knowing when that is most painful. If Xin were to say, "your wait will be 6 months or 4 months" that would be fine. However, the unknown is what scares me the most. I'm sure/unsure there are tons of people ahead of me waiting for the reference and with the one man show that is Xin's industry I feel almost lost without a glimpse of hope for the arrival of the amp.

I totally agree. Xin knows that his amp business is doing great, so why doesn't he hire associates to help build the amps and he does the final touch-ups and QA?

Sep 25, 2007 at 5:32 AM Post #1,583 of 3,962
He is a perfectionist, he probably doesn't feel comfortable letting someone build with him. His amp designs and building technique are probably his own kept secret too, certainly don't want someone else copying it.

I am also hoping my Reference will arrive soon, been waiting two months now, but definitely don't want to get it now, might get a beta version.
mad.gif

Sep 25, 2007 at 6:35 AM Post #1,586 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by evilking /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm so glad I cancelled my order a month ago. His amps just don't seem unique any more, what with everybody and their cousin producing portable amps now, the choice is overwhelming.

Honestly, who can defend 6 month waiting times? Not only that but developing and releasing another amp with so many long outstanding orders? Awful business practices.

Thumbs down
frown.gif

EK

You are glad you cancelled since you haven't tried listening to his amp.
If your friend own Xin Amps, and you did listen to it, YOU MAY eventually REGRET YOU CANCELLED YOUR ORDER.
biggrin.gif

Don't live in Denial,
wink.gif
heheh admit it you were lusting after Xin Amp, until you had to reprogram your brain to stay happy even after cancelling your order hahaha.

My friend once said, " Ignorance is a Bliss!"

Sep 25, 2007 at 6:57 AM Post #1,587 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by jlingo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You are glad you cancelled since you haven't tried listening to his amp.
If your friend own Xin Amps, and you did listen to it, YOU MAY eventually REGRET YOU CANCELLED YOUR ORDER.
biggrin.gif

Don't live in Denial,
wink.gif
heheh admit it you were lusting after Xin Amp, until you had to reprogram your brain to stay happy even after cancelling your order hahaha.

My friend once said, " Ignorance is a Bliss!"

Except for the fact that someone can purchase and enjoy a different amp for 6+ months before he even has the chance for the XIN to get to him.

Not worth it.

Sep 25, 2007 at 7:06 AM Post #1,588 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by Corbet /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Except for the fact that someone can purchase and enjoy a different amp for 6+ months before he even has the chance for the XIN to get to him.

Not worth it.

And that's what they usually do. Then they sell one or the other that they don't prefer. I think most people who end up ordering a Xin amp has a backup in mind or already has an amp. "Worth" is relative
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 25, 2007 at 7:14 AM Post #1,589 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by Corbet /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Not worth it.

Xin doesn't charge my credit card unless it's ready for shipping, so in the mean time, while waiting for his amp to come I still have my budget to buy other amps.

Also, Worth, is a very hard word. Unless you have listened to Xin Amp before, then you are entitled to your opinion on how much this amp worth. If you haven't even listened to his amp, how would you know if something Worth it?
biggrin.gif

It's like me saying, it's not worth it to go to visit Universal Studio. But, I have never even been to The Universal Studio all my life. How would I know whether it's worth it. It doesn't really make sense does it?

Just a thought.

Sep 25, 2007 at 7:19 AM Post #1,590 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by jlingo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Xin doesn't charge my credit card unless it's ready for shipping, so in the mean time, while waiting for his amp to come I still have my budget to buy other amps.

Also, Worth, is a very hard word. Unless you have listened to Xin Amp before, then you are entitled to have opinion of how much this amp worth. If you haven't even listened to his amp, how would you know if something Worth it?
biggrin.gif

It's like me saying, it's not worth it to go to visit Universal Studio. But, I have never even been to The Universal Studio all my life. How would I know whether it's worth it. It doesn't really make sense does it?

Just a thought.

It's funny how people who have never heard a Xin amp before come in an blurt their nonsense about how it's not worth it. I think it's their wallet screaming no, instead of them :p.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back