This Schiit is Bananas! $99 Schiit Magni Amp and $99 Modi DAC
Dec 19, 2012 at 3:57 PM Post #496 of 1,370
Quote:
cant wait to get the m&m combo for my work station, i bought it for my dt 1350's which i am in love with.

Glad to hear the 1350s get some love. They really, really scale well with a good DAC. The Modi will probably bring out great things in them.

Dec 19, 2012 at 6:53 PM Post #498 of 1,370
Quote:
For these prices I went ahead and ordered both the Magni and Modi. 
What's the typical wait time so far between order date and actual ship date?

"If I order today, when will my amp ship?

Most likely today or tomorrow. Unless there’s a note under the BUY NOW button on the product page."

Though it might take them longer, several of their products they sell are on backorder to complete.

Modi is still in produection, but Jason has noted most orders for the magni/modi should ship by friday, it's also on a first come first serve basis.

Dec 19, 2012 at 8:58 PM Post #499 of 1,370
Quote:

it's being resold in AUS by addicted to audio - i hit them up about it last week and they told me they'll have stock (with AUS plug adaptors) late december.

http://www.addictedtoaudio.com.au/Schiit-Audio-Magni-Class-AB-Headphone-Amplifier

I bit the bullet and ordered from Schiit itself. I'll use my 230v to 110v step down until the Australian distributor gets a hold of the correct power packs and then I'll grab one off him.  Hopefully this setup will work well with the D600.

Dec 19, 2012 at 10:08 PM Post #500 of 1,370
They're not shipping this one internationally though, I thought.

Dec 19, 2012 at 10:41 PM Post #501 of 1,370
My understanding was they are not currently making them with overseas power / plugs and were not mass marketing them. Although it appears now they will be having an Australian reseller? The site had no issues allowing the order to proceed.

Dec 19, 2012 at 11:46 PM Post #502 of 1,370
You have to get your own adapter for non-US use.

My M&M status is finally shipped!

Dec 20, 2012 at 2:20 AM Post #505 of 1,370
Quote:
Hope for impressions soon! 

You might try reading the thread.
eek.gif
eek.gif

Dec 20, 2012 at 4:15 AM Post #506 of 1,370
Quote:
As stated, the E17 is a portable amp/dac, with portable amp power. The Magni is a desktop amp. Of course its gonna have considerably more power. That is until the Fiio E12 is released which has desktop power in a portable amp package.
People buy Fiio because Fiio makes good tech at an affordable price. They get better and better, but of course people see 'Fiio' and already wanna dismiss anything they make.
Now, there certainly is a more competitive market in the affordable price range, yet it doesn't make Fiio any less legitimate. Schiit is very smart to put attractive items in that price bracket. The Magni and Modi are sure to be huge hits, though if they don't sell in popular online stores like Amazon, they won't be as huge as they can be. It's understandable though.

i assume that means less reseller and more bang for bucks, but then the shipping rate kind of even it out a bit. either way i am not going to buy a fiio ever again, and yes like u i don't need portability...

i like..don't buy into the whole brick portable thing, and most of my ear gear are cans instead of plugs anyways.. and i like never walks on the street, i either bike or parkour or snowshoe outdoor...i stopped taking the bus, and if i do i;d be watching 1080p on my ipad, not listening to music..cus you know how bus sounds like ---it's not the 22th century, surprisingly...and buses still make noises..blahhh

Dec 20, 2012 at 5:17 AM Post #507 of 1,370
Quote:
My understanding was they are not currently making them with overseas power / plugs and were not mass marketing them. Although it appears now they will be having an Australian reseller? The site had no issues allowing the order to proceed.

I tried to order balanced PYST cables direct from Schiit when they became available. Order was accepted and PayPal transaction completed. Received a cancellation email the following day and a referral to Addicted to Audio. They wouldn't even sell me cables. Lol.

Dec 20, 2012 at 7:49 AM Post #509 of 1,370
Quote:

I tried to order balanced PYST cables direct from Schiit when they became available. Order was accepted and PayPal transaction completed. Received a cancellation email the following day and a referral to Addicted to Audio. They wouldn't even sell me cables. Lol.

It's standard practice that they are not allowed to sell in countries where they have a legitimate distributor. It's the same problem I had ordering custom tips from Westone, they wouldn't even begin listening, instead referred me to the Australian Westone disty instead.

Dec 20, 2012 at 9:27 AM Post #510 of 1,370
Quote:
It's standard practice that they are not allowed to sell in countries where they have a legitimate distributor. It's the same problem I had ordering custom tips from Westone, they wouldn't even begin listening, instead referred me to the Australian Westone disty instead.

I have ordered Modi to be shipped in UAE which has Dubai Audio as the official reseller and they have accepted the order. I guess for these 2 they are willing to ship internationally as the product is not available through the authorized reseller.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back