This Schiit is Bananas! $99 Schiit Magni Amp and $99 Modi DAC
Dec 15, 2012 at 7:55 PM Post #271 of 1,370
Para,
I seem to be get better results after I let my MJ warm up for about an hour
Do you find this to be true,or,is it placebo...warmig up?

Mike

Dec 15, 2012 at 8:01 PM Post #272 of 1,370
Quote:
Para,

Mike

Seems true enough.

Dec 15, 2012 at 8:12 PM Post #273 of 1,370
Quote:
Para,

Mike

The MJ most definitely sounds better after it's had time to warm up. This is particularly evident with the HD800.

Also, every single Schiit component I've owned has sounded a touch brittle out of the box. With the exception of the Gungnir, they've all settled at about the 50-100 hour mark. I've owned a Lyr, 3 Bifrosts, 2 Mjolnirs and the Gungnir. If these entry components follow the trend, expect refinement but don't expect them to suddenly become giant killers.

Schiit are to be applauded for shaking up the market but people need to be realistic and remember the cost of the components.

Dec 15, 2012 at 8:35 PM Post #274 of 1,370
    I noticed it ,after I burned the mj/gung in for a week or two,but what I'm talking about is turning the units on,..then waiting an hour or so.

I dont think Jason would but any product on the market,that will give a lesser amount of quality.
The beautiful thing about this new product,is,the timing ,...2 weeks before Christmas...this will make even a newbie audio addict,,get a nice stocking stuffer,very affodable,great build quality..it's a no brainer.

Dec 15, 2012 at 8:47 PM Post #276 of 1,370
Even Class AB and most especially any tube amps benefit from warmup.

Dec 15, 2012 at 8:54 PM Post #278 of 1,370
Quote:
Happy Camper says he lets his tube amp warm up for close to 24 hours before he uses it.  Geezz..

Yea. He must hold some old ass school traditions. That's crazy.

Dec 15, 2012 at 8:55 PM Post #279 of 1,370
For an opposing viewpoint, I typically start listening to my Asgard right after I turn it on and have never noticed any change as it warms up. Course, that most likely just means that I'm enjoying my music and not listening for differences though. When I get my Modi and Magni I fully intend to let them burn in a bit and fully warm up just to give them the best chance possible.

Dec 15, 2012 at 9:33 PM Post #282 of 1,370
I haven't noticed any big changes after letting the MJ warm up, but I haven't had it very long. I'll try and listen for it. I definitely notice a change on the Lyr when it gets cooking. BTW, does anyone use an HE-500 with their MJ? I auditioned it today at the DC meet and thought the synergy was awful. The Lyr sounded hugely better to me--it seemed to round off the sharp edges of the HE-500.

My Magni+Modi have shipped, so they should be here mid-week. I think the Magni only orders shipped out a little faster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back